The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could put a steaming turd in a blu box and they'd buy it. :lol

That and there's some people who won't buy a movie because of the package, weak cover design, digibook (it won't fit with the rest of the collection because it's a little bigger then a BR case) and some only care about foreign, non-hollywood movies. There's even some who will pass on the BTTF trilogy because it might be a digipack and each movie won't have seperate cases :lol :cuckoo:

There are some cool people on the board, though, including one (two, including me :lecture) who's a member here as well :)

Pretty excited about Scott Pilgrim, will be one of the few BD I get on release date this year...

BUT!!!
I'm more excited about this!!! :yes:

Santa Sangre Blu-ray in January

Severin Films has announced that, on January 25, 2011, it will release the cult movie Santa Sangre, previously unavailable on disc in the US. For this Blu-ray release, Severin is using a restored print of the uncut European version. More than five hours of extras will be included.

"Santa Sangre is a landmark acquisition for us," says Severin co-founder and CEO David Gregory. "Jodorowsky is one of the few true visionaries of cinema, and the opportunity to bring his modern masterpiece back to America is a genuine honor. Our restoration of the film, combined with an unprecedented collection of bonus features, will now introduce this brilliant film to a whole new audience."

Special features include:
Audio commentary by Jodorowsky
Deleted scenes
Documentaries
New on-camera interviews with the majority of the film's cast and crew
Domestic and international trailers
Coverage of Jodorowsky's forthcoming appearances in New York City during his first- ever American retrospective

Hell's yeah!!!
My favorite Jodorwosky film!!!
Between this and GDT's Cronos BD, I'm all set for upcoming BD goodness!!!

1. That and there's some people who won't buy a movie because of the package, weak cover design, digibook (it won't fit with the rest of the collection because it's a little bigger then a BR case) and some only care about foreign, non-hollywood movies. There's even some who will pass on the BTTF trilogy because it might be a digipack and each movie won't have seperate cases :lol :cuckoo:

2. There are some cool people on the board, though, including one (two, including me :lecture) who's a member here as well :)

1. Wow, :cuckoo: indeed. :lol

2. I'm a member there, I just never post. :D

dvd-blu-ray-scott-pilgrim.jpg

Same here. :exactly:
I mostly have a bluray.com account to keep track of my Blu-ray titles. :rotfl

I just got done adding mine :rock

I'm a Blu-ray.com lurker. :wave

:wave

Warner has just issued a trade ad (pictured above) announcing plans to bring the 1984 classic Sergio Leone directed film “Once Upon A Time in America” starring Robert De Niro, James Woods, and Joe Pesci to Blu-ray Disc on January 11th, 2011. Tech specs for this release include full 1080p Hi-Def video and DTS-HD Master Audio sound. The title is not yet available for pre-order over at Amazon but stay tuned and we’ll keep you updated. The bonus materials are pretty skimpy on this release and are only set to include the following listed below.

•Historian Commentary
•Making-Of Documentary

onceuponatimeinamericatradefull.jpg

Why don't you guys just order off of Amazon and wait at your door? :lol

That's what I do. Except the waiting at the door part. :lol

Me three... Always comes same day as release. And I work days anyway, so no big deal to me :)

You could put a steaming turd in a blu box and they'd buy it. :lol

Sounds like Bowen Collectors. LOL.

Got the Robin Hood Blu+DVD+DC for $22.99 at BB. They price matched walmart.com. Other wise they wanted $25.99

Got it for that at Amazon... something to do this weekend :)

Back