Hot Toys Bane 2.0 (The Dark Knight Rises)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This can't be right. Surely someone can tell us how crap it actually is....c'mon, I'm depending on you guys to put me off wanting this figure - not even joking, I can't buy ***t right now.

a-dev’s wallet right now:
tom hardy bane GIF

Probably the best dark knight trilogy release since the DX 11. They can't get Batman accurate but this bane looks like a home run!
It's not really anymore accurate than their latest TDK Batman... the body too big, missing undershirt, head still a little too round... it's just that people aren't that nitpicky about Bane and we haven't had 5+ versions of him in the same suit.

This looks like a straight homerun release for HT. Looks way better than the prototype. Pumped!
Pumped....as if you got an infusion of some venom?
This can't be right. Surely someone can tell us how crap it actually is....c'mon, I'm depending on you guys to put me off wanting this figure - not even joking, I can't buy ***t right now.
I got you, bro - look at that exposed wrist joint. Terrible!

It's not really anymore accurate than their latest TDK Batman... the body too big, missing undershirt, face still a little too round/wide... it's just that people aren't that nitpicky about Bane and we haven't had 5+ versions of him in the same suit.

Now that I can believe. Hot Toys likes making faces round and wide.

Been on the waitlist for a minute, now that it’ll start shipping soon I’m hoping someone is disappointed by some minor aesthetic flaw, personally lol

This looks pretty good. Interested to see some videos of it. The head sculpt always looked a little small to me for the body though, going all the way back to the prototype, and that didn’t change. The fur coat looks pretty dang puffy and unwieldy, and I’m guessing there’s no wires in the collar or anything? I’d probably pose it with the other thinner brown coat which I think looks fantastic on him.

This looks pretty good. Interested to see some videos of it. The head sculpt always looked a little small to me for the body though, going all the way back to the prototype, and that didn’t change. The fur coat looks pretty dang puffy and unwieldy, and I’m guessing there’s no wires in the collar or anything? I’d probably pose it with the other thinner brown coat which I think looks fantastic on him.
1727707928773.png
1727707938084.png

Well, it is a ridiculous character from what is, by far, the worst of the three films that was only done so Nolan could fulfill his contractual requirement to the studio. Essentially a well polished turd. Very well polished, but. . .

Hope that helps!

It's good but I expect InArt to produce a much better Bane. Yes, it'll take a couple of years at least but I'd rather wait and put the money towards something else in the meantime.

Highly doubt they will do one now.
Why?

During that interview with Justin earlier in the year Viper said they'd be taking the line deeper than just Batman and Joker. Be seriously shocked if they don't make Catwoman and Bane.

The scars look great, notably the one down his spine.

If you’re going to cover them you might as well do a body swap of some kind.

The oversized body makes the head look small and layers of clothing will only accentuate the disproportions further imo.

Not a fan of Rises so it’s a pass for me.
Proportions aside, looks like a great release.

Why?

During that interview with Justin earlier in the year Viper said they'd be taking the line deeper than just Batman and Joker. Be seriously shocked if they don't make Catwoman and Bane.
They haven’t even shown TDK himself yet. I think they have a lot on their plate as is and bane is bottom of the list. Years away probably. Hell HT might even have made a new version before Inart gets to him.

Back