The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why did you say that name???

He really was the worst, lol. Credit to Filoni for delivering two solid episodes in Mando S2 and BOBF though.
At least Toro Calican got to move up several spots on the SW character rankings after BoBF introduced characters we'd never seen before and proved to be inferior: the mayor's assistant, all of the Vespa mods, and of course... Boba Fett. :lol

Love it or hate it this show without question generated some of the most hilarious online discussion that I've ever been a part of. :lol

And man those first 4-5 episodes united the fandom like nothing before, lol.

Coming to terms with the Vespas and Kitchen Droid with you fine people will be hard to ever top going forward. :lol

I'm just glad they stuck the landing with the finale (actually the final three episodes TBH), for those of you (most of you, lol) who felt differently, I guess we'll just have to do this all over again and see if Kenobi delivers in May. :yess:

My final verdict on BOBF:

Episode 1: Poor
Episode 2: Okay
Episode 3: Hilarious
Episode 4: Hilarious
Episode 5: Awesome
Episode 6: Awesome
Episode 7: Poor, okay, awesome, and hilarious

lol
f85b75b1d614c02ae0752d50b56346280cbd07c5.gif

At least Toro Calican got to move up several spots on the SW character rankings after BoBF introduced characters we'd never seen before and proved to be inferior: the mayor's assistant, all of the Vespa mods, and of course... Boba Fett. :lol
Episode 1 I would have totally agreed with you. I hated that stupid mayor's aid when he showed up in Boba's palace and was acting so goofy. But after Episode 3's infamous locked door/Dukes of Hazzard debacles I became an instant fan, lol. Fett was on a downward spiral beginning with Episode 1 and culminating with his moronic Slave I Sarlacc swan dive in Episode 4 but the finale put him way above Calican IMO, in fact I now think he's the best version of AOTC/TCW Fett that we've ever seen, though I suppose that isn't saying much.

Can't agree on the Vespa mods though, I loved them in Episode 3 and still do today. I really hope they make figures of at least Drash and Skad so that I can properly flesh out next year's TVC Palace display. :lol

Episode 1 I would have totally agreed with you. I hated that stupid mayor's aid when he showed up in Boba's palace and was acting so goofy. But after Episode 3's infamous locked door/Dukes of Hazzard debacles I became an instant fan, lol. Fett was on a downward spiral beginning with Episode 1 and culminating with his moronic Slave I Sarlacc swan dive in Episode 4 but the finale put him way above Calican IMO, in fact I now think he's the best version of AOTC/TCW Fett that we've ever seen, though I suppose that isn't saying much.

Can't agree on the Vespa mods though, I loved them in Episode 3 and still do today. I really hope they make figures of at least Drash and Skad so that I can properly flesh out next year's TVC Palace display. :lol
You're straddling such a weird line between sarcasm and sincerity that I honestly can't tell when you're being serious anymore. :lol

But hey, if you genuinely like those characters, more power to you. :duff

You're straddling such a weird line between sarcasm and sincerity that I honestly can't tell when you're being serious anymore. :lol
Me neither. :lol
But hey, if you genuinely like those characters, more power to you. :duff
I have a pretty morbid (or maybe just odd?) sense of humor and the Mods are just so funny to me that I can't possibly hate them. The loud and dramatic music as they flank Fett and Fennec at two miles an hour as they approach the mayor's office cracks me up to this day and literally makes me smile as I type this, lol.

It's not even like they're on these badass super fast bikes that are just filmed in unflattering ways. No they have shown *fast* speeder bikes countless times, Fennec hopping on her own bike to zip over to rescue them is merely the most recent example and yet they *still* deliberately show the Vespas to be super slow each and every time. Why?? No idea but they're freaking awesome, lol.

Me neither. :lol

I have a pretty morbid (or maybe just odd?) sense of humor and the Mods are just so funny to me that I can't possibly hate them. The loud and dramatic music as they flank Fett and Fennec at two miles an hour as they approach the mayor's office cracks me up to this day and literally makes me smile as I type this, lol.

It's not even like they're on these badass super fast bikes that are just filmed in unflattering ways. No they have shown *fast* speeder bikes countless times, Fennec hopping on her own bike to zip over to rescue them is merely the most recent example and yet they *still* deliberately show the Vespas to be super slow each and every time. Why?? No idea but they're freaking awesome, lol.
Did you notice how they had no idea Fennec was right above them prior to her taking out all the Pyke thugs? But then when she somersaults down to leave, her speeder is RIGHT NEXT TO THEIR POSITION, in plain sight not only from where they were taking cover but also clearly visible to the enemy. That RR sure knows how to construct a scene! :lol

Also keep in mind that Luke wanted both. I don't know that we've seen any indication that Grogu has ever wanted to be a Jedi. Hell getting him to do a single trick is like pulling teeth unless he's bribed with something shiny, lol.

Remember it was Mando that dictated he go train with Luke, he was the one (in Mando S2 anyway) who actually gave him no choice at all. Luke showed more compassion by letting Grogu decide.
Not true The Armorer sent him to find a Jedi. And Luke apologized to Yoda later in the conversation with Yoda about running off too soon, so I can imagine Luke might have some rethinking to do in hindsight. Din D'jarin was out of his depth and wanted to do the right thing, but he wasn't happy about it.

Anyway I wouldn't be surprised if Grogu has a little light saber hidden in his robes. If Luke was supposed to follow his instincts what if a scene we don't see until a lot later has Grogu simply taking both, and Luke kind of smiling and letting it ride? 😁 :monkey3 :lsvader

It’s actually an awesome poster.
If you can't find one download the highest res image you can get and get it printed at one of those poster places. But imagine this is already available on the 'bay from industrious sellers. You can probably already order a version that's a blanket throw too. Can't believe the kind of stuff that shows up not on the Disney store.:monkey3

Not true The Armorer sent him to find a Jedi. And Luke apologized to Yoda later in the conversation with Yoda about running off too soon, so I can imagine Luke might have some rethinking to do in hindsight. Din D'jarin was out of his depth and wanted to do the right thing, but he wasn't happy about it.

Anyway I wouldn't be surprised if Grogu has a little light saber hidden in his robes. If Luke was supposed to follow his instincts what if a scene we don't see until a lot later has Grogu simply taking both, and Luke kind of smiling and letting it ride? 😁 :monkey3 :lsvader
that would be so easy and boring tho.

what if mando decided to journey the galaxy in search of a cyber crystal….

Yeah, I don't see how this makes Luke a jerk in any way whatsoever. They clearly didn't have the budget and/or time to do any more with Luke in this series, so while I think the choice to bring back Grogu in this manner reflects poorly on the showrunners (better IMO to have DD go fetch him at the start of The Mandalorian Season 3), it's not a black mark against Luke. In fact, Grogu's decision (& Luke's reaction to it) happening off-screen allows us (for now) to interpret it as we like. Some will conclude Luke was a jerk, others may choose to believe Luke might have had second thoughts about his Jedi Academy admissions policies. I mean, it's not like he had dozens of applicants with Grogu's qualifications. :lol

I think this will be revisited at some point in Season 3.

p.s. - Grogu was perfectly safe with R2. We all know that R2 was really the one that took the shot that destroyed the original Death Star. His being damaged during the trench run was just a ruse so Luke could get the glory and sleep with his sister. He shot R2 with his blaster before they returned to base to mimic his being hit by an Imperial fighter.
He did open Grogu's present tho. For all he knew it was cookies and toy.

that would be so easy and boring tho.

what if mando decided to journey the galaxy in search of a cyber crystal….
Well, as far as comments on writing go, for me the enthusiasm for these shows was dampened by bringing in characters like Luke so early and the unkillable Ahsoka. I know any number of folks disagree but at this point I get happy when the focus is on new/Mando etc. and less enthused when the Filoni verse of CW redux shows up....

At this point doing something boring or just blowing through a scene (like Boba Fett and the Sarlacc and Din D'jarin and Grogu) would be the usual IMO. Seems like with F&F u just don't know what you'll get week to week. Superb to mind-numbingly lame to insane like the genocidal egg snarfing Grogu (which I thought was hilarious).

As an aside apparently Rosario Dawson was less than happy about the finale. But if I were her I wouldn't comment; for me she has been a rather lifeless Ahsoka except when fighting. Plus dont think Filoni is at his best directing or writing alone and think the Ahsoka show is his baby. Will see.

Anyway what a time to be a fan pretty sure there's gonna be a mythosaur:D

Did you notice how they had no idea Fennec was right above them prior to her taking out all the Pyke thugs? But then when she somersaults down to leave, her speeder is RIGHT NEXT TO THEIR POSITION, in plain sight not only from where they were taking cover but also clearly visible to the enemy. That RR sure knows how to construct a scene! :lol
I was going to post the same thing here, but I had skipped so many pages I wasn't sure if it was already posted. That was an awfully constructed scene/shot.

Holy crap you're right, that's freaking hilarious. :lol

Maybe Mos Espa has rent-a-speeders parked on every corner and she just took the next one, lol.

I like how the Rancor's reveal mimicked the Abominable Snowman from the old Rudolph Christmas Special with his two hands coming over the top and then his face, lol. A 50 year old special that had greater logic and internal consistency than this multimillion dollar series. :lol

I've loved Desperado since it came out.

I always thought it was an excellent action movie.

Was I just blinded by Salma Hayek's insanely perfect body and face all along? Is it really as bad as everything else he's done?

Back