The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sep-at-birth-png.561795
Geez...something flashed at me looking at the hideous BF toy....separated at birth?

View attachment 561795
Explains allot...
64v0py.gif

61xjgb.gif

Last edited:
As far as I'm concerned, there's no justifying it.

Even in a best-case scenario where the kid arrives safely and is picked up by a familiar face, that same familiar face had already lost Grogu to Toro Calican while she was babysitting. And this time, she ends up taking the kid into a warzone. :lol This is the person Luke would have to be relying on to make the right decisions. :slap

And even if she was reliable, Luke sent the kid into a potential warzone where Mando could've easily been killed. This was just awful writing. And it had nothing to do with the script needing to keep Luke away from the battle (which he would've taken any tension out of). Luke could've arrived at the end of the episode.

When Boba is celebrating with his clan, and everybody is happy, Din could've walked away alone having no clan of his own to enjoy the achievement with. We'd be feeling for him. Then, along comes Luke carrying Grogu and giving Din his family to provide an emotionally uplifting moment. Without making Luke careless, irresponsible, and backing out on his word.
the-rock-clapping.gif

Right, cause they are walking back Grogus choice.
Grogu's implied will (as much as a child can convey) was to have both, we are told he wants to be with (and reaches out to) his kind. This yearning, manifests Luke.
Who he willingly reaches out for and goes to.
Yet also wants his father's approval.
This is all a natural instinct to want both.
It's what's denied and examined in the fall of Anakin, then again in Luke who never surrenders to an ultimatum, and instead brings about the rerun of the Jedi his way.
So what is his way? Luke himself recognized and chose both, not give up his connections to his friends, or father (despite what the old Masters wanted).
In doing so brings about the means to save his father, and reinvents what it is to be a Jedi- his way.
His goal now is to pass on what he has learned.
Yes Grogu is distracted, wants to see and connect with his father.
Why would Luke now betray his own instinct, his own learned experience, and make Grogu choose one or the other.

If they show Grogu was in fact allowed to choose both great!
If not Luke comes off as the worst hypocrite.
But how could Grogu get to choose both? By Luke tagging along with Mando aswell and doing Jedi-training on the go? By Luke summoning Mando back to that planet and asking him to stay for the whole duration? Neither of those things were gonna happen. My point was that in order to be trained Grogu actually has to physically be there with Luke. If he isn't going to be then there simply can't be any training - that's not a refusal on Luke's part.

Something else that's implicit in the idea of an Ultimatum is that Grogu choosing Mando must mean that Luke's door is now closed to Grogu forever. Is there anything in what Luke said that actually leaves that conclusion? There may be, I don't remember the exact dialogue.

Last edited:
But how can Luke allow Grogu to choose both?
Let him see his father, allow him to give him and keep his gift, he would recognize as making him more fulfilled, allowing him to maintain a constant connection to his loved one, and to see him often. All things Luke would not only know, but would (and did) pursue for himself.
= Happy Grogu.
Again they just needed him back with this father.
So lazy writing and plot convenience, overrode character integrity.
In this case to horrible effect.

Last edited:
[...]When Boba is celebrating with his clan, and everybody is happy, Din could've walked away alone having no clan of his own to enjoy the achievement with. We'd be feeling for him.

NO!!! Din celebrates with everyone else, or at least takes it easy for a bit and then he goes back to the palace with everyone else because he lives there now, and is working for/with Boba until for whatever reason he decides he's lonely for Bo-Katan making snarky remarks at him and goes off the Mandalore to kick her off the throne, but good. Luke can drop off Grogu at the palace main gate, thereby not sending a baby into a war zone with only a droid keeper.

watched the finale last night, i fell like it fell flat on its face and played it way too safe. even for disney SW.

the first few episodes were ok, the first mando episode being the best.

i liked the luke/grogu stuff, but him going back to mando is just plain lazy writing. for a series about boba fett, it’s interesting that the best plot points don’t involve him. :lol

the mando stuff was good, but not great like his show.

i CANNOT stand that old lady with the “quips” she’s so goddamn annoying and her lines are atrocious. her delivery is even worse. let’s give mando this bad ass naboo fighter and instead of having a cool moment with that in the finale like a dogfight with bane, we’ll have some dinky droid powered carriage, cheesy CGI action and to make it worse she’s the driver. jfc.

don’t get me started on that shot where boba’s allie’s and the wookie are fending off enemie, who saw that in post and thought it was a fit? or the green guys being pushed off that edge. it just looked so bad.

then they kill bane, arguably the most interesting character in the show and the only reason i’d be interested in a season 2.

the SFX were so hit and miss, sometimes it felt like a high budget movie, but when it mattered most it was like a CW show with a bit of cap room. :lol

i’d give it a 6/10. the only redeeming things were so small, mandos fighter, luke, some of the tusken stuff.

god help obi-wan. hopefully it has a budget.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not at all. The careless writing is what's pathetic. You're doing an admirable job with what they gave you.
Thanks, lol. I need to remind myself that this entire season seems built around this "kids playing with action figures" finale with separate groups of Pykes showing up in groups around corners like waves in a video game, lol.

The part where the Gammys are inexplicably standing in front of a train that reveals six dog faced goons who slowwwly provoke them into committing suicide off a cliff that is like 30 yards behind them has got to be one of the single most ridiculous moments in the history of SW. :lol

The Trandoshans dogpiling Santo instead of continuing to shoot him (and why does no one in the galaxy have guns that can stun anymore) is a contender as well.

I find all the goofiness endearing regardless, lol.

Let him see his father, allow him to give him and keep his gift, he would recognize as making him more fulfilled, allowing him to maintain a constant connection to his loved one, and to see him often. All things Luke would not only know, but would (and did) pursue for himself.
= Happy Grogu.
Again they just needed him back with this father.
So lazy writing and plot convenience, overrode character integrity.
In this case to horrible effect.
The scenarios are somewhat different though. Luke chose to interrupt his own training because he sensed his friends were in immediate danger. In Grogu/Mando's case it's not about danger - Grogu merely misses being with his adopted father and Luke suspected this was going to be continual obstacle to Grogu's proper training (as opposed to a once or twice interruption)

Where I may agree is if it was going to be an ongoing policy (beyond just the first occasion in Episode 6) to not allow Mando to visit Grogu.

And I definitely agree with the criticism of Luke not personally delivering Grogu back to Mando.

Thanks, lol. I need to remind myself that this entire season seems built around this "kids playing with action figures" finale with separate groups of Pykes showing up in groups around corners like waves in a video game, lol.

The part where the Gammys are inexplicably standing in front of a train that reveals six dog faced goons who slowwwly provoke them into committing suicide off a cliff that is like 30 yards behind them has got to be one of the single most ridiculous moments in the history of SW. :lol

The Trandoshans dogpiling Santo instead of continuing to shoot him (and why does no one in the galaxy have guns that can stun anymore) is a contender as well.

I find all the goofiness endearing regardless, lol.
it’s more cringey than endearing to me but to each his own.

the SFX were so hit and miss, sometimes it felt like a high budget movie, but when it mattered most it was like a CW show with a bit of cap room. :lol

i’d give it a 6/10. the only redeeming things were so small, mandos fighter, luke, some of the tusken stuff.

god help obi-wan. hopefully it has a budget.
Not sure what happened with the FX. As you said, sometimes it looked great and others it looked like a cheap TV production. Compare that to Mando FX's which always looked great.

They've probably used some of the same sets for Kenobi. :lol

Love it or hate it this show without question generated some of the most hilarious online discussion that I've ever been a part of. :lol

And man those first 4-5 episodes united the fandom like nothing before, lol.

Coming to terms with the Vespas and Kitchen Droid with you fine people will be hard to ever top going forward. :lol

I'm just glad they stuck the landing with the finale (actually the final three episodes TBH), for those of you (most of you, lol) who felt differently, I guess we'll just have to do this all over again and see if Kenobi delivers in May. :yess:

My final verdict on BOBF:

Episode 1: Poor
Episode 2: Okay
Episode 3: Hilarious
Episode 4: Hilarious
Episode 5: Awesome
Episode 6: Awesome
Episode 7: Poor, okay, awesome, and hilarious

lol

Love it or hate it this show without question generated some of the most hilarious online discussion that I've ever been a part of. :lol

And man those first 4-5 episodes united the fandom like nothing before, lol.

Coming to terms with the Vespas and Kitchen Droid with you fine people will be hard to ever top going forward. :lol

I'm just glad they stuck the landing with the finale (actually the final three episodes TBH), for those of you (most of you, lol) who felt differently, I guess we'll just have to do this all over again and see if Kenobi delivers in May. :yess:

My final verdict on BOBF:

Episode 1: Poor
Episode 2: Okay
Episode 3: Hilarious
Episode 4: Hilarious
Episode 5: Awesome
Episode 6: Awesome
Episode 7: Poor, okay, awesome, and hilarious

lol
lol@ 7

Back