The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luke himself chose to not give up his connections to his friends, and pursued being a Jedi.
If they show Grogu was in fact allowed to choose both great!
Also keep in mind that Luke wanted both. I don't know that we've seen any indication that Grogu has ever wanted to be a Jedi. Hell getting him to do a single trick is like pulling teeth unless he's bribed with something shiny, lol.

Remember it was Mando that dictated he go train with Luke, he was the one (in Mando S2 anyway) who actually gave him no choice at all. Luke showed more compassion by letting Grogu decide.

Grogu probably sensed the growing evil in Luke's heart so he put on the chainmail and went to confront him in the middle of the night. In a brief moment of pure instinct he ignited Yoda's lightsaber and the last thing he saw were the frightened eyes of his Jedi Master. With shame and consequence he hijacked the X-Wing and fled to the most remote planet he could think of.
Dude that is hilarious lol

I've come to the realization that Star Wars on TV is just kooky. I mean think about it. The Holiday Special, Ewok Movies, Droids and Ewok cartoons and a good portion of TCW. Tartofksy CW and most of Mando was cool but I'm just going to consider those as anomalies and will assume that everything going forward will just be fun goofiness that won't be worth getting worked up over. Bring on Vader and Kenobi dueling on top of a runaway fruit cart. :yess:
I had to circle back to this post I made last month. I was obviously kidding about Vader and Kenobi dueling on top of a runaway fruit cart but fast forward to the BOBF finale where Mando, Mechanic Lady, and Grogu are battling giant Annihilator Droids while clinging to a careening rickshaw, lol.

Luke to Grogu: “Galaxy is a very dangerous place!”

Next episode sends Grogu across the galaxy with just R2 :slap

NOW it could be argued that Luke had the XW set for instant kill mode which I totally would not accept lol

This is the way...

iXcLgAV.jpg

Enjoy your shiny shirt...

Last edited:
Oh and another point about those big droids. jye you were asking why anyone would have those droids so long after the Clone Wars and when I watched the episode again last night they did actually come across as being somewhat obsolete. For one they are so slow and inaccurate that they seemingly could really only function against other really big, slow moving targets (Republic Walkers, etc.) or maybe huge spreads of enemy troops. Even a cluster of a dozen or so people is too tight for them to pinpoint with consistency. All they were really effective against was the parked speeder, walls, and Rancor when it was right in front of them so to me it actually does kind of make sense why the Emperor had no interest in keeping them around for the Empire.

Now that BOBF confirmed that Cad Bane not only was alive all through the OT but apparently still the fastest draw in the galaxy (Fett himself seemingly concedes this) it now retroactively begs the question as to why Bane wasn't standing on the bridge of the Executor in ESB. Since they already butchered ESB with TM's voice I actually wouldn't mind if they went back and added him to line of bounty hunters.
Alright, this is where I get off the Khev party bus... Good luck, buddy :)

Now that BOBF confirmed that Cad Bane not only was alive all through the OT but apparently still the fastest draw in the galaxy (Fett himself seemingly concedes this) it now retroactively begs the question as to why Bane wasn't standing on the bridge of the Executor in ESB. Since they already butchered ESB with TM's voice I actually wouldn't mind if they went back and added him to line of bounty hunters.
Only if instead of boarding his ship he gets in a time machine and then breaks the 4th wall and walks off camera to kill George Lucas BEFORE he releases his "Special Editions" of Episodes IV-VI with all of those god-awful additions/edits.

Luke to Grogu: “Galaxy is a very dangerous place!”

Next episode sends Grogu across the galaxy with just R2 :slap

NOW it could be argued that Luke had the XW set for instant kill mode which I totally would not accept lol
As far as I'm concerned, there's no justifying it.

Even in a best-case scenario where the kid arrives safely and is picked up by a familiar face, that same familiar face had already lost Grogu to Toro Calican while she was babysitting. And this time, she ends up taking the kid into a warzone. :lol This is the person Luke would have to be relying on to make the right decisions. :slap

And even if she was reliable, Luke sent the kid into a potential warzone where Mando could've easily been killed. This was just awful writing. And it had nothing to do with the script needing to keep Luke away from the battle (which he would've taken any tension out of). Luke could've arrived at the end of the episode.

When Boba is celebrating with his clan, and everybody is happy, Din could've walked away alone having no clan of his own to enjoy the achievement with. We'd be feeling for him. Then, along comes Luke carrying Grogu and giving Din his family to provide an emotionally uplifting moment. Without making Luke careless, irresponsible, and backing out on his word.

Grogu probably sensed the growing evil in Luke's heart
It certainly (and unfortunately) lends itself to the Disney sequels betrayal of Luke into the worst psychotic teacher, who cries about Jedi text (he never followed), slave to Jedi dogma(which never defined him) , slave to visions (which by his actions determined were not immutable), slave to fear(he recognized as his own so it could not control his ultimate will), and hides away from his friends (he once ran towards) like a pos coward, betraying everything he leaned and was. :lol
:clap

Last edited:
Alright, this is where I get off the Khev party bus... Good luck, buddy :)
:lol

Sacrilegious I know but my point was since the damage had already been done by George why not, lol.

And Harmy ESB is my go to for that movie so any additional changes they made to the SE wouldn't bother me regardless.

Last edited:
Regarding Luke's ultimatum to Grogu - I wonder are people framing that wrong - he had a student who he could sense didn't really want to be there. The choice was to keep Grogu against his will or let him go back to Mando. If Grogu chooses to go with Mando then Luke cannot train him - not necessarily because Luke suddenly adheres rigidly to old Jedi rules forbidding attachment - but by the mere fact that Grogu would no longer be with him.
Ahsoka framed the Grogu problem around attachment, and Luke did too. And that was fine! What people are actually misinterpreting isn't the motive of Luke's choice for Grogu, it's simply not understanding what George Lucas meant by "attachments."

He meant possessive and selfish attachment. The kind of attachment that could lead a Jedi to the dark side. Every time Lucas had Luke choosing possessive attachment, it ended in failure. That was intentional. Luke was even at the doorstep of the dark side when he was willing to kill to protect his sister.

I really wish people would just read and hear what Lucas has repeatedly said about that ROTJ moment where Luke stops himself and throws the saber away. I don't understand the point of holding onto an interpretation that contradicts the director's intent when the director's intent was actually great! When Luke shifted to selfless love rather than possessive attachment, his example saved/redeemed his father, and saved the galaxy by extension.

As far as I'm concerned, there's no justifying it.

Even in a best-case scenario where the kid arrives safely and is picked up by a familiar face, that same familiar face had already lost Grogu to Toro Calican while she was babysitting. And this time, she ends up taking the kid into a warzone. :lol This is the person Luke would have to be relying on to make the right decisions. :slap

And even if she was reliable, Luke sent the kid into a potential warzone where Mando could've easily been killed. This was just awful writing. And it had nothing to do with the script needing to keep Luke away from the battle (which he would've taken any tension out of). Luke could've arrived at the end of the episode.

When Boba is celebrating with his clan, and everybody is happy, Din could've walked away alone having no clan of his own to enjoy the achievement with. We'd be feeling for him. Then, along comes Luke carrying Grogu and giving Din his family to provide an emotionally uplifting moment. Without making Luke careless, irresponsible, and backing out on his word.
Perfectly sensible alternative of course but then we get no Mando battling giant droids with his family in a careening rickshaw, lol. ;)

I know, Dr. Evil. I know. :lol
:hi5:

My attempts to rationalize any of the logic behind what we see in this episode really are quite pathetic aren't they, lol.

Something that I did think was legitimately badass was Cad Bane calmly standing his ground against the Rancor. He knew that firing his blaster would just piss it off (as the citizens of Free Town would later discover) and that using the flame thrower was the way to go. But that still meant letting a freaking Rancor get within almost arm's reach of him.

That showed intelligence, competence, and fearlessness all at once.

Also that was kind of freaky to watch Mando expertly jump into the saddle only to have the Rancor go "nope!" and immediately yank him right out.

Last edited:
Mando thinks that Grogu is asking for the turbo switch, but Grogu is banging on the glass to say, "I can't breathe in here! This port was meant for droids." :lol
While he seems to be having fun in there, it bugs me Mando can't pull the seat forward a bit to let him go back and forth.

Back