The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t know what the future of Star Wars and The Mandalorian or Luke is, but if it all goes south, I will still smile at prime Luke coming in for the save at the end of Season 2, being everything we wanted and bringing a sense of joy back to the character after the ordeal we had with the sequel movies.

I’m sure we’ll see him again, and I liked his scenes in BoBF, but I can also mentally end it on that high note.

Yep. I'm already like 75% mentally checked out of Mandalorian already. I'm just prepared for season 3 to suck.

It can "end" in my mind with the scene of Luke leaving with Grogu, or if I feel like an epilogue, there's the reunion. But in my mind, there's gotta be some passage of time. He can't just show up a few weeks later and be like "I changed my mind!!" They should have been apart for at least a year or something.

Yep. I'm already like 75% mentally checked out of Mandalorian already. I'm just prepared for season 3 to suck.

It can "end" in my mind with the scene of Luke leaving with Grogu, or if I feel like an epilogue, there's the reunion. But in my mind, there's gotta be some passage of time. He can't just show up a few weeks later and be like "I changed my mind!!" They should have been apart for at least a year or something.
Funny enough, Grogu still trained with Luke more than Rey did.

It’s weird. Like, a clear and blunt misunderstanding of the character. Not even from the 80s movies, but the same character one season ago in The Mandalorian who shot an unarmed guy without warning and stole his seat.

That said, little things failed it too. The young biker gang would have worked better if they looked like they were supposed to actually be there. Mando eating all his lunch. Fennec doing some of the things he could have done.

I also think simply re-editing the story to flow sequentially would have radically improved the pacing.

I might be in the minority, but I liked Book Of Boba Fett. I thought it was great homage to Kurosawa, which is what IMHO Favreau and Filoni were going for in the end.

I do think Morrison's age and mobility are problems. But maybe they wanted the character to be truly broken down.

The bigger issue is TM's acting. I think a different actor could have sold the dialogue better from the scripts. Honestly I don't understand why they just didn't give Tim Olyphant/Raylan Givens the role of Boba Fett. Younger Ray Stevenson would have been interesting too.

For some reason, when I saw TM without his helmet, I thought about a Joe Rogan look alike from New Zealand snuck into the show and everyone just rolled with it.

I might be in the minority, but I liked Book Of Boba Fett. I thought it was great homage to Kurosawa, which is what IMHO Favreau and Filoni were going for in the end.

I do think Morrison's age and mobility are problems. But maybe they wanted the character to be truly broken down.

The bigger issue is TM's acting. I think a different actor could have sold the dialogue better from the scripts. Honestly I don't understand why they just didn't give Tim Olyphant/Raylan Givens the role of Boba Fett. Younger Ray Stevenson would have been interesting too.

For some reason, when I saw TM without his helmet, I thought about a Joe Rogan look alike from New Zealand snuck into the show and everyone just rolled with it.
That's quite interesting, because in his AOTC scenes, he seems quite serviceable. True, it's not a lot, but he still gets it right.

I actually have few problems with TM in the role. Again, I thought he was great in The Mandalorian.

And for all my complaints, I ultimately did have fun with BoBF. It’s not a 10/10, and I think it had big issues, but I still enjoyed it more than I didn’t, and I wouldn’t mind seeing more of him (but especially Fennec).

I actually have few problems with TM in the role. Again, I thought he was great in The Mandalorian.

And for all my complaints, I ultimately did have fun with BoBF. It’s not a 10/10, and I think it had big issues, but I still enjoyed it more than I didn’t, and I wouldn’t mind seeing more of him (but especially Fennec).
Agree on this. I think TM is a serviceable actor who was terrific in his Boba Fett scenes in Mando. The writing and directing and "world building" in BoBF were sub-par and I think that dragged down the show much more than TM. Having his helmet on more would've helped but the Crayola Vespa street bikes were very out of place for Star Wars, among other things. For the earlier comment about Olyphant playing Fett, that would've worked for a helmet always on but they seem to embraced TM as the Prime Clone so you're going to see him and hear him every time there's Boba, Cody, Rex, etc. etc. in live action. TM has to be sitting back loving that little decision 20 years ago to make Boba an altered clone of Jango (Insert cash register ringing).

Did anyone stop to think (looking back at the episode with Luke) maybe Ashoka was the person to tell Luke to go find Grogu , she did know about Grogu from her episode and it looks like she was helping Luke train Grogu’s

She also told Mando to go to the mountain so a Jedi will answer the call to train grogu.

when Luke showed up to take Grogu away in S2 finale..he already knew about Grogu and in the BOBF he didn’t know where Grogu was hiding in the past until he read his mind but in the Mando Ashoka episode she told Mando how Grogu was involved in order 666.

Conclusion..maybe Ashoka got the message Grogu sent on the mountain and she went to Luke and she told Luke how to find Grogu

Last edited:
The miscasting of Morrison as Fett and his horrible acting were only overshadowed by the rest of the show being as bad or even worse. Rodriguez should be fired and never allowed near Star Wars ever again, probably several others too.

Objectively looking back on the show I have almost nothing positive to say about it, besides that maybe I would like HT figures of the wookiee and Cad Bane. What a disaster and yet another missed opportunity from Lucasfilm, I can't believe this was the outcome of a show that was supposed to be about Boba Fett.

Has anyone watched the "gallery" thing for BoBF yet? Any further insights into how this mess happened?
I haven’t, but I can simply assume the wrong story with the wrong choices for the wrong characters were made.

It’s always a bit unfair to compare things to the MCU, but while BoBF was weirdly obsessed with making their villainous bounty hunter mob boss a moral, upright character, Marvel was taking Wanda from troubled hero into raging demonic sociopath with unreserved glee.

I can only imagine a Boba Fett show where a morally questionable Boba Fett goes on the warpath to consolidate his rule over Tattooine’s underworld. I can only IMAGINE it…

TM and the woman who plays his sniper-rifle sidekick (can never remember her character or real name, even after all this time) are two of the worst actors to land leading roles in a TV series in decades. Just staggering they hung a series on a couple of "third-tier muscle" types like those two boneheads.
I will tolerate plenty of BoBF criticism. I even agree with most.

But Ming-Na Wen is a national treasure and she’s far too good for this show.

She’s a bigger Star Wars nerd than most anyone else, and I’m 92% sure she lurks here waiting to talk about her new Hot Toys Luke or latest lightsaber haul.
b2z5z3h2m0661.jpg

images

She’s a bigger Star Wars nerd than most anyone else, and I’m 92% sure she lurks here waiting to talk about her new Hot Toys Luke or latest lightsaber haul.
b2z5z3h2m0661.jpg

images

She certainly seems like a fun person. And also a vampire, like Keanu Reeves.

Keanu and Tom Cruise just resumed the ageing process in the last couple of years. Saw some videos of the Maverick premiere and was shocked at Cruise's newly developed crows feet and turkey neck in the closeups. But then you'd see him more from afar and he looked his old young self.

Keanu and Tom Cruise just resumed the ageing process in the last couple of years. Saw some videos of the Maverick premiere and was shocked at Cruise's newly developed crows feet and turkey neck in the closeups. But then you'd see him more from afar and he looked his old young self.

That *healthy* scientology lifestyle will only get Cruise so far. Maybe he can get himself involved in a three way with Megan Fox and Machine Gun Kelly.

b2z5z3h2m0661.jpg

images
That can all be true at the same time as her being a mediocre (and that's being charitable) actress.

b2z5z3h2m0661.jpg
Oh please.

Everyone "likes" Star Wars....but a "bigger SW nerd" than everyone else? Sell me another one.

The only girls that dress up in the Leia bikini do it cause they love seeing thirsty-ass omega virgins drool all over themselves, NOT cause they actually like SW.

I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt that she at least LIKES it, but she's no "nerd."

Oh please.

Everyone "likes" Star Wars....but a "bigger SW nerd" than everyone else? Sell me another one.

The only girls that dress up in the Leia bikini do it cause they love seeing thirsty-ass omega virgins drool all over themselves, NOT cause they actually like SW.

I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt that she at least LIKES it, but she's no "nerd."
I’m actually surprised this isn’t more well known. She saw the original in theaters, started a Star Wars club in school, dressed up as Leia and Luke constantly over the decades, and had a massive growing collection of lightsabers and other Star Wars merch long before she ever got the role of Fennec. She still has all her old Star Wars toys from childhood, and during the comic con I went to, absolutely killed it with her summary of why Shadows of the Empire kept Star Wars relevant in the 90s.
FDHbUqNaAAA3Ywk

CWTVQfkXIAIFYZt.jpg

I’m actually surprised this isn’t more well known. She saw the original in theaters, started a Star Wars club in school, dressed up as Leia and Luke constantly over the decades, and had a massive growing collection of lightsabers and other Star Wars merch long before she ever got the role of Fennec. She still has all her old Star Wars toys from childhood, and during the comic con I went to, absolutely killed it with her summary of why Shadows of the Empire kept Star Wars relevant in the 90s.
FDHbUqNaAAA3Ywk

CWTVQfkXIAIFYZt.jpg

Didn't know this. Reminds me that I still need to order her HT figure to go with the throne setup.

She was fun in the Disney Gallery: The Book of Boba Fett. An infectious bundle of energy and self-confessed nerd.

I'd been backing off, and more carefully picking which new Hot Toys Star Wars characters I really wanted in the collection, so only ordered Fennec after watching the video compilation of Ming's inappropriate moments. :lol

Back