The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you Nolan ?

julien-lolwut.jpg

Are you Nolan ?

Nolan doesn't own a cell phone. I don't think he checks Internet message boards. Life's gotta be better that way. Could you imagine how heartbreaking it'd be as a filmmaker to have your work analyzed and over analyzed to the extent this one has?! I'd never wanna make a movie again....

And I don't see how the promos ruined it for anyone. They revealed ALOT in the trailer compared to Prestige, TDK, and Inception. People had already speculated the sewer fight would come first, he'd be broken, he'd be arrested, he'd go all Rocky Balboa and work out and condition and escape and return to kick butt. That's exactly what we saw. Nolan already revealed that this would come full circle, return to Bruce Wayne as the focus, that it'd take place eight years later, and that there'd be something called the Harvey Dent Act. I'm hoping the promos for "Interstellar" are just some cool effects shots, some character reactions, some cool sci-fi music, and a tagline. Like the teaser for "Inception." The trailer didn't even reveal much more apart from what Cobb's role is in the world of a dream.

the only thing that caught me off guard was Bane turning out as Talias protectors, everything just kept falling in place as seen from all the production shots and pre movie release discussions,
I avoided all the spoilers and discussions once the movie was released until i saw it yesterday, I would have bet the tate turining out as Talia would have caught a lot of casual film goers off guard and had to be one of the best moments in the movie, but turned out too predictable for the hardcore fans

I was at Toys R Us today, and, seeing all the Dark Knight Rises toys it made me wonder,
Are there kids that love this movie? or would they buy the toys just because it is batman but they don't really get anything about it?
the movie is not the type of movie I would show a young kid, I don't know I don't think little kids would be into Rises, but all those toys made me wonder.

Probably not. Maybe Rises. Rises was fun. TDK was not fun. And we took my little brother and his friend to Begins and they were both bored out of their little minds.

TDK & Rises bored me to tears

:lol

I just see this entire Isle of Dark Knight Rises and Bane toys, I see the Bat, and they toys look cool but I couldn't imagine a kid being excited for the toys because of the movie. I mean yes it is batman but the movie was so adult.

:lol

I just see this entire Isle of Dark Knight Rises and Bane toys, I see the Bat, and they toys look cool but I couldn't imagine a kid being excited for the toys because of the movie. I mean yes it is batman but the movie was so adult.

They all were, I'd be surprised to hear about kids preferring the Nolan Batman films to the old ones.

They'll probably do what I did. Love the Burton and Shoemaker flicks, grow up, appreciate the Burton Flicks, loathe the Shoemaker flicks, and enjoy the Nolan films.

That's excluding whatever new Batman flick is out at that time.

Anybody here still have a link to the Bruce Wayne/ Batman timeline somebody worked out for these movies? Thought it was somewhere in this 1300 page thread.

I think it spanned roughly 2005-2014.

SnakeDoc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back