The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

I have to chime in here :)

Fox is African American in the comics. He's sometimes a bit younger than Freeman, but he is African American. And there are no rules to following any Comic Book story arc. Nolan doesn't need to follow any rules. That's the beauty of telling a story. You can create anything you want. There are thousands of Batman story arcs, they don't all follow the same rules. Heck there is a story of Batman going up against Dracula.

I also read people are upset Bane isn't like 7 feet tall. I'm like why does Bane have to be 7 feet tall? What rules does Nolan have to follow? Its a story, nothing else but a story. He uses Bane from the comics as inspiration and then creates something of his own. That's the essence of being creative. And there's also thousands of Catwoman stories as well. Frank Miller I believe was the first to show her as a prostitute after about 20+ years of her being written in many comics and the 60s TV show as just a thief, nothing about prostitution. So are people going to complain about Frank Miller's Catwoman is not being accurate? They are creating their own stories "based" off the characters. Why is that so wrong in some peoples eyes?

Just let Nolan make his film. I have 1000% trust in whatever he does. The guy is one of the best if not the best in the world at creating movies and writing stories.

My issue with Fox was hardly a gripe about it not being "comic accurate". I just thought they gave Fox too much to do. I prefer all the Batman films and the animated series to the comics anyway.

You bring up a good point though. How come there's always a double standard with these films? But with other comic book films if the movie and story distance themselves (Joker killing Batman's parents, teh organic web shooters, changes in origins etc.) it's a big no-no?

I mean its probably a real small number of people who don't like Nolan's Batman vs. the people who love it. It didnt make what a BILLION dollars because only 100 fans went to see it thousands of times. I just drives me batty when people complain Bane isnt 7 feet tall. I'm like if you want a comic book character, read the comics or watch the animated movies. If you want to see what it would be like if Batman really existed in our present world, go see Chris Nolan's Batman. I think the majority of people would want Nolan's Batman....I love the comics and the animated series but they are their own thing....just like Nolan's Batmans are his own creation based off the characters.

Its the same with me with movies that were originally books, as long as the movie is done well, its entertaining, and great acting, then who cares. Sometimes its great when its not 100% accurate. I just finished reading the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series, and the books are phenomenal. But so were the Swedish films. And im sure David Finchers movie coming out will be great. Being a fan of that story, I'm all for seeing more of it and if they change the story a little, as long as it works, then i think thats great! I think showing a movie thats word for word, scene for scene that a book is would and is usually kind of boring.

My issue with Fox was hardly a gripe about it not being "comic accurate". I just thought they gave Fox too much to do. I prefer all the Batman films and the animated series to the comics anyway.

You bring up a good point though. How come there's always a double standard with these films? But with other comic book films if the movie and story distance themselves (Joker killing Batman's parents, teh organic web shooters, changes in origins etc.) it's a big no-no?

I just drives me batty when people complain Bane isnt 7 feet tall.

I'm curious, how do you feel about this guy?

2008040023.jpg

I think MF Fox is perfect for the "realistic" Batman world. Wayne needs help. One man cannot do what he is doing alone. In comics you can get away with it because there isn't much reality to it, but Batman is a human being, he is not a superhero. He is really a highly skilled detective with incredible strength and athleticism and has an endless pit of wealth so he can get whatever he needs to help him. So in a lot of ways Fox makes sense because he needs help getting the things he needs. And thats really all that Fox has done in these movies. I mean so many comics stories of Batman has Robin as his sidekick to help him. Batman has always had some sort of help, although I think at times he fights with himself and wants to take it all on on his own when he really needs to realize he needs help from Gordon, Alfred, Rachel, Dent or whoever wants to get rid of crime in Gotham.

I hope Batman will get a new suit and batmobile. I want a new one to accompany my TDK version.

Cant have the HT reissues to get all the fun

haha, well the Penguin in Tim Burton's world i thought was not very good. Never liked that movie except I thought Michelle Pfeiffer blew everyone away with her Catwoman. She was by far the best character from that film. And the movies after Burton left I just don't talk about :) I never even seen Clooney's Batman, just because I knew it would be terrible. And Im a Batman fanatic, but I stayed very far away from Clooney's Batman, so I never saw it.

I am not a fan of the Penguin really in the Batman comics either. I think maybe the only way I would like to see the Penguin be done is if he was some kind of mob boss who was extremely wealthy and powerful. Those fan rumors of Philip Seymor Hoffman would of been a interesting casting choice and I could picture him as a Penguin-type character. He wouldn't need to be some deformed little guy either. Small in stature and fat, that would be fine...But i thought Devito's character went too over the top for my tastes. I like the realistic stories with Batman, thats why I'm such a huge fan of Nolan's Batman, Frank Miller's Batman, and the Legends of the Dark Knight is very good, and of course most of Loeb's stories are excellent. Dave McKean/Grant Morrisons Arkham Asylum is one of the greatest Graphic Novels ever and also Knightfall is really fantastic..those are the worlds I like...... and Nolan did exactly what I wanted with Batman, brought him into the real world.

I'm curious, how do you feel about this guy?

2008040023.jpg

oh and 'Batman Year 100' was an amazing story. One of the best newer Batman stories I have read.

Are there supposed to be different variations of Bane.

As in a normal sized one that we're seeing and then a much stronger or bigger version?

Does he evolve in the movie? :dunno

I think MF Fox is perfect for the "realistic" Batman world. Wayne needs help. One man cannot do what he is doing alone. In comics you can get away with it because there isn't much reality to it, but Batman is a human being, he is not a superhero. He is really a highly skilled detective with incredible strength and athleticism and has an endless pit of wealth so he can get whatever he needs to help him. So in a lot of ways Fox makes sense because he needs help getting the things he needs. And thats really all that Fox has done in these movies. I mean so many comics stories of Batman has Robin as his sidekick to help him. Batman has always had some sort of help, although I think at times he fights with himself and wants to take it all on on his own when he really needs to realize he needs help from Gordon, Alfred, Rachel, Dent or whoever wants to get rid of crime in Gotham.

I like the way you think :hi5:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back