The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Meh, ____ Bane. I'm looking forward to Batman laying him out and beating the living ____ out of him in the end.

I think Bane looks like he could beat the crap out of Batman. I don't think he needs to be taller than Batman to do that, especially considering he is probably a skilled - and likely savage - fighter. I mean, Mike Tyson is 178cm tall and, at the peak of his career, he beat Pinklon Thomas (by knock-out), Tony Tucker and James Smith. All huge guys - and skilled boxers - measuring over 190cm.

I think Bane looks like he could beat the crap out of Batman. I don't think he needs to be taller than Batman to do that, especially considering he is probably a skilled - and likely savage - fighter. I mean, Mike Tyson is 178cm tall and, at the peak of his career, he beat Pinklon Thomas (by knock-out), Tony Tucker and James Smith. All huge guys - and skilled boxers - measuring over 190cm.

True height has nothing to do with being a good fighter but when I think of Bane I think of a guy who towers over Batman. Now I'm not expecting them nor would I want them to cast a 7 foot wrestler as Bane, but like I said when I think of Bane, I imagine someone who at least is a lil' taller and bigger than Bats. I mean imagine if Penguin was the villain and they cast some skinny guy who is 6'7". It just wouldn't be Peguin imo. Like I said though I'm gonna give Nolan the benefit if the doubt.

True height has nothing to do with being a good fighter but when I think of Bane I think of a guy who towers over Batman. Now I'm not expecting them nor would I want them to cast a 7 foot wrestler as Bane, but like I said when I think of Bane, I imagine someone who at least is a lil' taller and bigger than Bats. I mean imagine if Penguin was the villain and they cast some skinny guy who is 6'7". It just wouldn't be Peguin imo. Like I said though I'm gonna give Nolan the benefit if the doubt.

Yeah, I understand that. I just think people are bashing the character before they even see how he's going to be developed in the film.
Nolan's Joker was also heavily criticized when the first promotional stuff surfaced. After people watched the film though, most changed their minds.
Anyhow, I still think Bane will be a badass character and will leave a lasting impression on everyone. Unless the movie flops and thigs go really wrong with how they portray him, but I don't think that's going to happen.

Yeah, I understand that. I just think people are bashing the character before they even see how he's going to be developed in the film.
Nolan's Joker was also heavily criticized when the first promotional stuff surfaced. After people watched the film though, most changed their minds.
Anyhow, I still think Bane will be a badass character and will leave a lasting impression on everyone. Unless the movie flops and thigs go really wrong with how they portray him, but I don't think that's going to happen.

Indeed. Like I said I'm gonna put my faith in Nolan plus all the pics are all on set pics. They could still increase Bane's height via digitalization and camera tricks etc.

I can remember a time not so long ago when people said they did not like the way Nolan had made Joker look... Eat your own words lately??? I dont trust pics off a set because they are unfinished in production only... Im sure Bane will take Batman out the first time they fight... Only to have Bats come back and take him down... Anyway Batman Begins and The Dark Knight are both very well done Batman movies... So Ill make my final judgement after Ive seen the whole finished movie...

Eh, not really.

A vast majority of people were complaining when Ledger was announced and this was first shown,

jokerfinal1.jpg

But after a few more production pics were shown along with film and shots of the bank heist, everything really changed. It got better and better.

watermark.php

theknifejokerrg0.jpg

thedarkknight20qw4se7.jpg

thedarkknight31gd8xn2.jpg

It became more interesting. The purple suit was there, you had all the different clown masks, you could feel that it was going to be good. It was a different take but still a familiar, iconic character from the get go. The Joker was finally there going up against Batman and everything had a grand scale.

As far as Bane goes, I'm sort of indifferent. I don't hate the design and I don't love it either. It just looks generic to me. Nothing, other than clothes have really changed from that teaser pic. Now we see Bane in a fight scene (portrayed by a stunt double no less) and it doesn't do a damn thing for me.

I will say the most exciting thing, to me was seeing him on top of the Tumbler (as Hardy, not a double) tearing up the Dent photograph. I'm looking forward to seeing how he sounds. If it's typical Hardy talk, with the trashy brit accent then I'll start looking at the character in a negative light.

But anyway, no, this is a completely different animal than the Joker. People complained when Ledger was announced and thought it would suck, but once the pics started coming in and we heard him in the teaser, everyone for the most part were ecstatic.

Bane so far is a bit of a bore. It looks like more people want to see Catwoman/Selina Kyle.

I'm really excited for Bane myself I'm really digging his look. Actually it's Catwoman/Selina that's got me a tad bit worried. But even then "In Nolan We Trust."

Eh, not really.

A vast majority of people were complaining when Ledger was announced and this was first shown,

But after a few more production pics were shown along with film and shots of the bank heist, everything really changed. It got better and better.

It became more interesting. The purple suit was there, you had all the different clown masks, you could feel that it was going to be good. It was a different take but still a familiar, iconic character from the get go. The Joker was finally there going up against Batman and everything had a grand scale.

As far as Bane goes, I'm sort of indifferent. I don't hate the design and I don't love it either. It just looks generic to me. Nothing, other than clothes have really changed from that teaser pic. Now we see Bane in a fight scene (portrayed by a stunt double no less) and it doesn't do a damn thing for me.

I will say the most exciting thing, to me was seeing him on top of the Tumbler (as Hardy, not a double) tearing up the Dent photograph. I'm looking forward to seeing how he sounds. If it's typical Hardy talk, with the trashy brit accent then I'll start looking at the character in a negative light.

But anyway, no, this is a completely different animal than the Joker. People complained when Ledger was announced and thought it would suck, but once the pics started coming in and we heard him in the teaser, everyone for the most part were ecstatic.

Bane so far is a bit of a bore. It looks like more people want to see Catwoman/Selina Kyle.

I got your points. I wasn' t a member of this board when the TDK promotional pictures were being revealed, so I can't tell how the reactions were in here - but I take your word for it.
However, on the local board where I hang out as well, the reactions were very negative up until the movie premiered in Brazil. There was a lot of trash talk about how the Joker wasn't supposed to look like a hobo and how the make up and the scars were lame. People needed to see how he was so carefully developed and portrayed before understanding and even liking the fact that that Joker was, in fact, a different take on the character.
I don't think Bane has the same depth the Joker has and won't be as likeble a character. But that's how he is in the comics as well, isn't he? (This is not a rhetorical question, I haven't been keeping up with Batman comics for years).

i dont care about catwoman in this movie.....it should be a batman vs bane story not any other villians or supporting heroes.......i have to agreee with you guys that nolan may not be capable of the breaking of batman's back so maybe he'll get his neck twisted/snapped/broken instead?

Depends on which Bane you read. But his two best stories "Vengeance of Bane" and "Knightfall" is not anything close to the Joel Schumacher Bane that was such a travesty.

Vengeance of Bane tells his origin and its a really great story. I dont want to post it because it would be a possible SPOILER.

So im wondering how much of his origin will Nolan use. Some of it so far seems like he is going to use some of it from all the pics we have seen.

But from the SPOILERS that have been going around the last few days, If you read the novel Batman Begins it actually all makes sense to what they are doing. Granted the novel was written by Denis O'Neil and not the Nolan brothers or Goyer.

I got your points. I wasn' t a member of this board when the TDK promotional pictures were being revealed, so I can't tell how the reactions were in here - but I take your word for it.
However, on the local board where I hang out as well, the reactions were very negative up until the movie premiered in Brazil. There was a lot of trash talk about how the Joker wasn't supposed to look like a hobo and how the make up and the scars were lame. People needed to see how he was so carefully developed and portrayed before understanding and even liking the fact that that Joker was, in fact, a different take on the character.
I don't think Bane has the same depth the Joker has and won't be as likeble a character. But that's how he is in the comics as well, isn't he? (This is not a rhetorical question, I haven't been keeping up with Batman comics for years).

I read Knightfall and liked it quite a bit. I'll try to find a TPB of "Vengeance of Bane".
Thanks!

Depends on which Bane you read. But his two best stories "Vengeance of Bane" and "Knightfall" is not anything close to the Joel Schumacher Bane that was such a travesty.

Vengeance of Bane tells his origin and its a really great story. I dont want to post it because it would be a possible SPOILER.

So im wondering how much of his origin will Nolan use. Some of it so far seems like he is going to use some of it from all the pics we have seen.

But from the SPOILERS that have been going around the last few days, If you read the novel Batman Begins it actually all makes sense to what they are doing. Granted the novel was written by Denis O'Neil and not the Nolan brothers or Goyer.

I dont think Vengeance came out in Trade PB. It was a 2 part series in regular comic book size format that are 64 pages each. #1 you can get anywhere from like $15-50 I've seen it for the 1st printing. #2 is cheap usually get it for a few$$. But Vengeance is the first appearance of Bane, and i thought its a really great story.

I read Knightfall and liked it quite a bit. I'll try to find a TPB of "Vengeance of Bane".
Thanks!

Does anybody have a clear pic of Bane tearing up the photo of Dent? One without a huge watermark? Can't seem to find one.

Maybe those guys Bane breaks out of Blackgate are the 500 criminals that Dent tryed to put on trial all at once.

I am also still very interested in learning what Mathew Modines role in this is as "Nixon", its rumored he's part of the shoot for like 4 months, thats a meaty role. Maybe the mayor or new D.A, or maybe Blackgate's warden?

Also seeming more and more like Scarecrow won't be showing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back