The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Wow! Is a veryyy good ps work then, it looks the same! But now that you told me I do see some differences. Sorry for the fake photo =X
thanks void =)

what did i say few months back:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3473266&postcount=3682

the fanboys are too hang up on the jim lee's costume. everytime they design a fake, it's the jim lee's catsuit again, and again, and again... sigh... let me be the first to say that nolan's catwoman will have long hair down! just because.

i think it's silly to pick hathaway(who always looks her best with long hair down) and then cut her hair short just to fit the into the catsuit.

now, my two cents:
- i expected the long hair, but the official costume is underwhelming to me. it looks so bare and so basic. the costume lacks a defining characteristic that makes her instantly recognizable as who she is supposed to be, i.e. the bat has to have the pointy ears and the cape, the joker has to have white face and purple overcoat, etc etc. is nolan saying that pointy cat ears are sillier than pointy bat ears or white faced clown? catwoman here looks like someone who could be in any spy movie or any b-grade lame-o made-for-tv action flicks. it's just too generic.

- there was snow in the last bat vs bane pics, and there's snow here too. i just cant foresee we have two daylight snow scenes in the film, and have to conclude that both bat vs bane and cat on bat's bike happen in the same scene at the same time.

could have fooled me.. only thing that i might have caught was the same exact hairline but flipped.

could be when bats is fighting bane she go's in too city hall to steal something and see's batman bat pod as a means to escape .

Could it be Fear Toxin instead of snow :lol

I think we're the ones poisoned with Fear Toxin afraid Nolan is going to drop the ball :lol

I've learned to relax and just enjoy the ride, I'm fully invested in Mr. Nolan.

There are things in life that just are:

We will die
We will pay taxes
Nolan is a filmaker, I am not :lol

Last edited:

When a film maker and his team is faced with a challenge like this. Redesigning an iconic favorite that has been successfully dealt with before the easiest thing to do, is not deal with it at all. Not making any statement with the costume takes away any potential fan back lash. But whats the point? If it's Catwoman, she should be catwoman.

I know a lot of Nolan fans feel as if his "real" world take on batman is awesome. Personally, whilst liking the movies, I always felt as if they were not really "Batman" movies. Batman should have a crazy design sense. Gothic buildings and loonatics in crazy costumes. In my opinion the strongest elements of BB and DK were when they got a little more fantastical, in BB with his hoard of bats or some of the crazier Ledger moments in DK.

Not for a moment knocking Nolan's ability as a film maker (transformers 3 is a good case in point of awful film-making) I just wish he would embrace the subject matter a little more and give us something memorable. I'm sick of "well, yes he is the Penguin, but our take is that he is a just an evil gangster who sometimes likes to wear a tux" type of thing.

This suit is another major disappointment for me.

Rory,

all valid points, there will be enough versions and reboots that you will eventually get what you're looking for in a Batman movie.

That being said, you can always watch 89 Batman and Batman Returns, both have what you're describing.

For me though other than 89 Batman which I love, I prefer to now stay away from the gothic.

For example, i'm sure the new Batman videogame will be good but the city looks so crazy and dark that it just doesn't interest me, too fake looking for me, it's so removed from real life that I lost interest in it.

Yeah, it's just a game but I would prefer a good Batman game in the Nolan universe.

i would have loved to see killer croc , mr freeze but find it bull____ they dont fit in the nolan universe. i understand that he trying to make it real but at the end of the day batman is a comic book character

a better look =)
tumblr_lph8nlBBlo1qiy7aco1_500.jpg

But I must admit that I miss the kitty ears =D

I wouldn't have a problem if CW looked like this. But yeah, must admit. It would be nice to see some kitty ears. Even if they were only on a moto helmet, or more subtle.

i would have loved to see killer croc , mr freeze but find it bull____ they dont fit in the nolan universe. i understand that he trying to make it real but at the end of the day batman is a comic book character

:dunno:dunno:dunno

What does that have to do with anything :dunno

Maybe that's what Joel Shumacher thought when he was directing his Batman movies.

i'm sick and tired of people bashing schumacher. you bat fans should worship him at the altar for giving us batman & robin, swinging the pendulum so far back to the suckage side that it's bound to swing back to the opposite end. without batman & robin, there wont be batman begins nor TDK. FACT.

:lol

i'm sick and tired of people bashing schumacher. you bat fans should worship him at the altar for giving us batman & robin, swinging the pendulum so far back to the suckage side that it's bound to swing back to the opposite end. without batman & robin, there wont be batman begins nor TDK. FACT.:lol

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6epsGrcuTs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6epsGrcuTs[/ame]
:lecture

:lol:rotfl:lol

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K_ZR_ZcQZE&feature=related"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K_ZR_ZcQZE&feature=related[/ame]

you can take both characters, distill them to their most basic defining character traits, and adapt them to fit in nolan's bat universe. nolan's realim is still pseudo realism after all. many things happened in the films that are really stretching my suspension of disbelief.

killer croc is just a strong deformed circus freak. mr freeze is a desperate scientist trying to cure his wife by experimenting on himself. find strong 'realistic' motivations for both to wreck havoc on gotham, and they'll be right at home in nolan's universe. of course, the freeze gun is the first thing that has to go though.

what people reaaaallly have to worry is what will happen to the bat franchise after nolan has left. pendulum swings to both side. always.

what people reaaaallly have to worry is what will happen to the bat franchise after nolan has left. pendulum swings to both side. always.

I'll worry about that in about 3 years. 1 yr to TDKR, 2 yrs after i'll probably spend rewatching the trilogy and upgrading my Nolan Bats collection.. after that we'll see lol

Batman Beyond would be cool and it would explain Bale's white hair. :lol But outside of us 80's babies, I don't think anyone else would care for it. Plus I'd rather see ____ Grayson as Nightwing adopt the cowl.

As long as we dont get anthor Batman and Robin right after Nolans Bat movies are finished... But the WB will must likely cash in there chips fast to keep making money and screw the Batman franchise yet again... IMO... LOL... Way to go WB...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back