The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

This story is shaping up to what I've hoped for, Bruce/Batman's world truly going to hell, and a hard journy back and rising above everything. I think this film will bring back the emotion and journey aspect of Begins and mix it with the action of TDK.

I think Act 2/3 will have somewhat of a Rocky vibe, I'm sure you'll love that :D

It's funny seeing all these nay-sayers from a couple months ago who didn't like Bane at all flip their opinions and start loosing their ____ over him. Only true Nolan fans know not to worry from the beginning.

It's funny seeing all these nay-sayers from a couple months ago who didn't like Bane at all flip their opinions and start loosing their ____ over him. Only true Nolan fans know not to worry from the beginning.

:lol I've been all for Bane the whole time...I LOVE Tom Hardy..plus I have faith in Nolan in everything that man touches.

Do you know how many people I've met who don't like Inception? I want to slap them in the face with a fish :cuckoo::pfft:

:lol I've been all for Bane the whole time...I LOVE Tom Hardy..plus I have faith in Nolan in everything that man touches.

Do you know how many people I've met who don't like Inception? I want to slap them in the face with a fish :cuckoo::pfft:

In slow motion while the Inception music pumps! :lol

I think Act 2/3 will have somewhat of a Rocky vibe, I'm sure you'll love that :D

Maybe it's because of my Rocky fandom, I just like having to see a hero rise, be vulnerable, I don't like them being invincible, even if it's just being down in a fight and coming through to win, I find that more interesting. As far as Batman movies go, my favorite scene in all of them is still the cathedral fight in '89, I love that Batman is near dead and still gets up, climbs all those stairs, gets his ass kicked, and yet keeps fighting. Bale's Batman hasn't dealt with anything like that, YET, but as good a storyteller as Nolan is, I'm wanting him to do something like that with Batman.

Also, along the lines of Rocky, there is that teaser shot of someone doing pushups, I really think it's Wayne as part of his come back, which would be a great Rocky moment, and we know from TDK, Nolan does draw inspiration from other films.

Yeah, I hate these kind of attitudes. These are the kind of things that make me NOT like this particular series despite my interest and love for it.

What naysayers have changed their tune? If you can't name them specifically, that's hyperbole and isn't true. I don't like Inception at all, wanna slap me in the face?

Favorite batman fight is in Begins, when he whoops ass at the docks. He knocks out all those guys in like 10 seconds.

Maybe it's because of my Rocky fandom, I just like having to see a hero rise, be vulnerable, I don't like them being invincible, even if it's just being down in a fight and coming through to win, I find that more interesting. As far as Batman movies go, my favorite scene in all of them is still the cathedral fight in '89, I love that Batman is near dead and still gets up, climbs all those stairs, gets his ass kicked, and yet keeps fighting. Bale's Batman hasn't dealt with anything like that, YET, but as good a storyteller as Nolan is, I'm wanting him to do something like that with Batman.

Also, along the lines of Rocky, there is that teaser shot of someone doing pushups, I really think it's Wayne as part of his come back, which would be a great Rocky moment, and we know from TDK, Nolan does draw inspiration from other films.

This is what I'm hoping for as well. It would be awesome if this is similar to Rocky and it would make a great bookend to Batman Begins which had Bruce Wayne learning the ropes. Now he's gotta find the "eye of the tiger" so to speak.

Yeah, I hate these kind of attitudes. These are the kind of things that make me NOT like this particular series despite my interest and love for it.

What naysayers have changed their tune? If you can't name them specifically, that's hyperbole and isn't true. I don't like Inception at all, wanna slap me in the face?

It's okay if you didn't get Inception DiFabio. :1-1:

Anyways, I'm talking about the thread's atmosphere in general.:peace

Waterfall?

Hmmm. Batcave.

Depends, if it is, it's much more expanded than in Begins, but I'd say, one way or another, that shot is from the scene shown in the teaser, you see Batman wet moving back from Bane.

It has me really pump, but why is Dent's Picture being held up by Bane, if he supposedly is dead.

Harvey/Two-Face is DEAD. People still believe he was Gotham's White Knight. I'm sure Bane is going to tell the people of Gotham how wrong they are.

This is what I'm hoping for as well. It would be awesome if this is similar to Rocky and it would make a great bookend to Batman Begins which had Bruce Wayne learning the ropes. Now he's gotta find the "eye of the tiger" so to speak.

Not only that, it bookends it by carrying a repeated theme in Begins. Why do we fall, so we can learn to pick ourselves up.

Yes I do :wave

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhJQp-q1Y1s[/ame]

Not only that, it bookends it by carrying a repeated theme in Begins. Why do we fall, so we can learn to pick ourselves up.

Yep and then all of those push ups, the kind that helped lift a "bloody log". :lol

I know people are loving the hell out of Bane, but for me my investment is in the character of Batman. To me, Bane is just this obstacle to improve/further develop the characterization of Bruce Wayne/Batman. It's not like how it was in 2007/2008 where I was all hyped up about The Joker vs. Batman (in that order).

Hopefully this one goes back to the spirit of Batman Begins, which so far it seems to be doing.

Yeah, plus he picks himself up and 'Rises'

Btw that pushup scene IS bale, and yeah I'd bet it's in act 2 while he's re-training himself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back