The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

all this talk about it being impossible for nolan to kill off batman precludes one simple factor: time.

who says batman has to die IMMEDIATELY following the events of tdkr? it could very well be a coda at the end of nolan's film, set in the future where gotham is safe, clean of crime and corruption, and batman has long since died and thus become a legend that continues to inspire the people. kind of like how departed political/social activist heroes are held up in the highest regard as an example to follow.

personally i don't think nolan would kill off bats, but considering how thomas wayne was held in that same regard, as mentioned by r'as al ghul in begins, i don't think it's too much of a stretch either, thematically. it would be a nice symmetry. father and son, both legends behind different personas, who saved gotham.

also, from a marketing/franchise standpoint, placing batman's death in the future would be a loophole that would still allow more batman adventures/interpretations that could fall in the timeline between the events of tdkr and his death in the future (from old age/falling off his bat-walker/cardiac arrest while boning selina kyle's grand-daughter/etc).

Valid argument and funny too, I score you an 80 out of 100. :lecture

I would've scored you higher if you had introduced a lolz cat into your viewpoint or added emoticons in a pattern that is pleasing to my eyes.

Next counter-statement please in the People vs Nolan Killing Batman is all kinds of stupid.

Last edited:

[ame]https://youtu.be/7vOEwnD6dfQ[/ame]

Bane sounds pretty damn cool to me. Better than the ____ at Heinz Field. Hell, I love it actually.

Why do people have a problem with this? He doesn't sound British to me, sounds like a cross between General Grievous and Darth Vader. That synthesizer voice sounds great and his deliverance almost reminds me of the Spanish, animated version from BTAS. The whole, cool and collected attitude.

Listening through it though, it's very muffled and distorted. Just have to wait until the proper to fully see how it sounds.

Bane sounds pretty damn cool to me. Better than the ____ at Heinz Field. Hell, I love it actually.

Why do people have a problem with this? He doesn't sound British to me, sounds like a cross between General Grievous and Darth Vader. That synthesizer voice sounds great and his deliverance almost reminds me of the Spanish, animated version from BTAS. The whole, cool and collected attitude.

Awesome.

Not going to listen to the recording as I want to go in cold on Wednesday, but glad to hear it sounds better than Heinz Field and that you dig it

He doesn't sound British to me, sounds like a cross between General Grievous and Darth Vader.

Sounds more like this guy.

Wat.jpg

I'm sure it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea and we DID have captions to know what he was saying so who knows. I'm just glad he doesn't sound like an old, frail British guy.

My wants for this movie:

A ton more focus on Batman.

Great action, even better than BB. (TDK was very weak in the action department for me, great story, great villain, not so great action. I want the battles to be huge this time. Batwing flying beast should do it for me, hopefully).

The intensity of the interrogation scene from TDK infused into the entire running time of TDKR. My heart will explode if they succeed. :yess:

Great soundtrack.

What happens to his legacy I'm open for anything.

Oh, one more want...I would love to see it with some of you blokes.

My wants for this movie:

Great action, even better than BB. (TDK was very weak in the action department for me, great story, great villain, not so great action. I want the battles to be huge this time. Batwing flying beast should do it for me, hopefully).

The intensity of the interrogation scene from TDK infused into the entire running time of TDKR. My heart will explode if they succeed. :yess:

Great soundtrack.

Almost justifies waiting to see it until BluRay. Won't be able to hear Bane or anybody else for that matter over the monkey spanking. :lecture:lecture:lecture

My wants for this movie:

Great soundtrack.

I agree with that. I consider Begins to be the best Batman movie because it sets up BW so perfectly. I'm not particularly a fan of where they chose to go with TDK because the organized, mafia-style crime of TDK is the least interesting part of the Batman world, IMO. I'm excited to see what is looking like a return to LOS and a villain that is physically dangerous to Batman.

Almost justifies waiting to see it until BluRay. Won't be able to hear Bane or anybody else for that matter over the monkey spanking. :lecture

This is why I'm sitting in the back next to the speakers on Tuesday night . . .

I agree with that. I consider Begins to be the best Batman movie because it sets up BW so perfectly. I'm not particularly a fan of where they chose to go with TDK because the organized, mafia-style crime of TDK is the least interesting part of the Batman world, IMO. I'm excited to see what is looking like a return to LOS and a villain that is physically dangerous to Batman.

I agree.

TDK is still a really good flick though.

I wonder if WB would ever make a movie just called JOKER :dunno

Maybe Bruce Wayne dies but Batman doesn't. Maybe there is a housefire at Wayne Manor and Bruce doesn't make it out in time. Cinders. Then Batman has no where to go to during the day and Bane bashes him.

?
:monkey3

That would be a real kick in the nuts if Wayne Manor burns down again. :lol

So how old is Alfred 8 years later? Still buttling around?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back