The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

bus%20crash.jpg

Being in the very back I apparently did not survive. :( This means I'm now on the bus with Ledger. :monkey1

(Oooh! He went there :panic:)

Well that is logical, unless Hardy speaks multiple languages there is a good chance that the other actor is simply recorded and laid over the existing footage. Who knows if they take the time to get the mask all fitted up to those actors and simply just put something in front of their mouths to obstruct.

Who knows if they take the time to get the mask all fitted up to those actors and simply just put something in front of their mouths to obstruct.

Guarantee they don't. I crack up at some of the dubbed English-to-Russian movies my wife watches sometimes. Real talk: Sometimes it's a single guy doing ALL the dialogue in Russian with zero effort at mimicking the voices. So it's like a bored guy reading a book to you. :lol

No Robin > Grayson > Damien > Jason Todd (as redhood)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jid6FMNHh6E"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jid6FMNHh6E[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiErujdY3rI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiErujdY3rI[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPszLUHzgAM&feature=related"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPszLUHzgAM&feature=related[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhMyaakco2Y&feature=related"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhMyaakco2Y&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited:

Don't no why robin doesn't get much respect. Tim drake robin was anything but campy and could be a cool cameo

So Wayne showed up in May of 1939, and Grayson showed up in April of 1940. Yet he should stay solo forever :lol? Mkay, yeah that's ridiculous. Graysons been around longer than 99% of Batmans villians, but uh no! Keep Nightwing away from my Batman! Go away you s#!tty sidekick! :wave

Doesn't that mean Robin should be in nearly every Batman movie (if the movies want to be "canon/semi-canon" at all) since he existed when Batman faced 99% of his villians?

Its okay though, all the Nightwing/Robin haters win 4 now. Enjoy your time without him, because he's coming back in the next 20 years :rotfl

Last edited:

Don't no why robin doesn't get much respect. Tim drake robin was anything but campy and could be a cool cameo

I assume the character doesn't get his well deserved respect because they want Batman to be something he's not; A superhero without help. Batman has done some of the campiest/gayest things i've ever seen, like the video of him dancing above.

Last edited:

Guarantee they don't. I crack up at some of the dubbed English-to-Russian movies my wife watches sometimes. Real talk: Sometimes it's a single guy doing ALL the dialogue in Russian with zero effort at mimicking the voices. So it's like a bored guy reading a book to you. :lol

Reminds me of Voltron. :lol

I assume the character doesn't get his well deserved respect because they want Batman to be something he's not; A superhero without help. Batman has done some of the campiest/gayest things i've ever seen, like the video of him dancing above.

Yeah, and the only time he does things like that is when Robin is with him in the movies/tv shows. The Burton and Nolan films don't have Robin in them, and they don't have near as much camp as those "other" films. (That have Robin BTW) He might work in animation or comics but he is just too damn stupid to take seriously on film. Sorry but true.

Yeah, and the only time he does things like that is when Robin is with him in the movies/tv shows. The Burton and Nolan films don't have Robin in them, and they don't have near as much camp as those "other" films. (That have Robin BTW) He might work in animation or comics but he is just too damn stupid to take seriously on film. Sorry but true.

Maybe the motive for Nightwing's desire to see Robin is different than ours? :huh

burt-ward.jpg

batman10.jpg

I agree. Robin only works in the comics and animated series. And even then only on an occasional basis, not constantly.

Afterall, if there is one thing more odd & unrealistic than a billionaire deciding to deal with childhood loss by dressing up as a bat-themed vigilante it's the same billionaire taking in a young boy as his tights-wearing assistant.

Check this sheeet out , my buddy from YouTube -

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSesE9l9j74&feature=g-u&context=G29097faFUAAAAAAADAA[/ame]

I agree. Robin only works in the comics and animated series. And even then only on an occasional basis, not constantly. Afterall, if there is one thing more odd & unrealistic than a billionaire deciding to deal with childhood loss by dressing up as a bat-themed vigilante it's the same billionaire taking in a young boy as his tights-wearing assistant.

I think Robin works when the writers keep the theme that Batman is raising a successor. The idea that Bruce is taking in an orphan and training someone to take over the cowl in case something happens to him and literally training him by fire works within the realm that Batman has built. ____ Grayson gets damaged mainly by the campy Burt Ward reflections and the horrid Chris O' Donnell portrayal but if you follow his departure, the errors with Jason Todd, the attempt to rectify with Tim and ultimately the knowledge that he has to do this Damien makes a nice progression.

If a live action version had taken that view and made it a little more Frank Miller (although his All-Star version did go a bit too far) and less Adam West I think audiences would love it.

I also think the idea of setting up the Teen Titans as successors to train together and have Robin that way would work.

:lecture Agree with everything said here. I was never a fan of Robin until the past couple of years. Read some stuff with Tim Drake and really liked him as a character, and it just grew from there. Never had any interest in Grayson as i always associated him with the campy stuff. Eventually got into Nightwing and now really respect Grayson as a character and the history he has in the Batman universe. I also always saw Drake as being a possible successor to Bruce when he got older.

Robin is a great character and could probably work really well in a film, if handled well. I loved how in the beginning Drake was working in the bat-cave doing research stuff and detective work for Bruce, while Batman was out doing the work on the streets. Worked really well and a great way to start while he's training.

I think Robin works when the writers keep the theme that Batman is raising a successor. The idea that Bruce is taking in an orphan and training someone to take over the cowl in case something happens to him and literally training him by fire works within the realm that Batman has built. ____ Grayson gets damaged mainly by the campy Burt Ward reflections and the horrid Chris O' Donnell portrayal but if you follow his departure, the errors with Jason Todd, the attempt to rectify with Tim and ultimately the knowledge that he has to do this Damien makes a nice progression.

If a live action version had taken that view and made it a little more Frank Miller (although his All-Star version did go a bit too far) and less Adam West I think audiences would love it.

I also think the idea of setting up the Teen Titans as successors to train together and have Robin that way would work.

How is it that Robin is "too stupid", but Spiderman, a teenage-adulthood superhero, works just fine on screen? Peter Parker and Richard Grayson are nearly the SAME THING. Acrobatic, Intelligent, wise-cracking, chick magnets. If one can work, so can the other. If you can accept that a kid gets powers from being bit by a spider, you can accept a tennager/young man following in Batmans footsteps.

BTW, why is Batmans fighting on screen still average?!? I never get the sense that he can beat the crap out of anyone, because he throws elbows and punches 99% of the time only. Wheres his freaking roundhouse kicks and crap. Is there any actor who looks like the part of Bruce Wayne and already knows martial arts? :gah:

How is it that Robin is "too stupid", but Spiderman, a teenage-adulthood superhero, works just fine on screen? Peter Parker and Richard Grayson are nearly the SAME THING. Acrobatic, Intelligent, wise-cracking, chick magnets. If one can work, so can the other. If you can accept that a kid gets powers from being bit by a spider, you can accept a tennager/young man following in Batmans footsteps.

BTW, why is Batmans fighting on screen still average?!? I never get the sense that he can beat the crap out of anyone, because he throws elbows and punches 99% of the time only. Wheres his freaking roundhouse kicks and crap. Is there any actor who looks like the part of Bruce Wayne and already knows martial arts? :gah:

Thie fighting thing has bothered me too. The KFM used for Begins and The Dark Knight looks great, but the fight scenes are cut so we never see any of it. Why go through the trouble of training the actors if its gonna be cut so quick you cant tell its really them anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back