The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

BTW, why is Batmans fighting on screen still average?!? I never get the sense that he can beat the crap out of anyone, because he throws elbows and punches 99% of the time only. Wheres his freaking roundhouse kicks and crap. Is there any actor who looks like the part of Bruce Wayne and already knows martial arts? :gah:

Have you ever been in a real life fight? :lol

It's amazingly rare where I've seen people actually throw a roundhouse kick or other martial arts move in an actual fight. Once I saw someone attempt one that looked cool, completely missed the guy and left him open to get clobbered in the back of the head.

It's amazingly rare where I've seen people actually throw a roundhouse kick or other martial arts move in an actual fight. Once I saw someone attempt one that looked cool, completely missed the guy and left him open to get clobbered in the back of the head.

:lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly:

Kicks look cool, and can even be effective in the right environment, but unless you're Bruce Lee, it's better to strike and grapple.

Not too long ago my Jeet Kune Do instructor pulled off a roundhouse kick while sparring, though he himself will admit its not really something you generally use when fighting (he also managed a flying arm bar, just to see if he could get them in I think). It did look awesome, and the guy he was sparring with (his brother) went straight down, was winded and couldn't stand for a while. So they can be effective if you pull it off, but as said, its very rare that they'd be used in a real fight

That said, I got no problem seeing them in films, as they're not always portrayed as realistic fights. I was happy with the way batman fights in the nolan movies, using the KFM, I just wish it was edited differently so we could see what was going on.

I think Robin works when the writers keep the theme that Batman is raising a successor. The idea that Bruce is taking in an orphan and training someone to take over the cowl in case something happens to him and literally training him by fire works within the realm that Batman has built. ____ Grayson gets damaged mainly by the campy Burt Ward reflections and the horrid Chris O' Donnell portrayal but if you follow his departure, the errors with Jason Todd, the attempt to rectify with Tim and ultimately the knowledge that he has to do this Damien makes a nice progression.

If a live action version had taken that view and made it a little more Frank Miller (although his All-Star version did go a bit too far) and less Adam West I think audiences would love it.

I also think the idea of setting up the Teen Titans as successors to train together and have Robin that way would work.

Thanks for reminding me why I don't bother with Batman's sidekick.

Or should I say sidekicks, I can't keep up with all of them. :lol

Batman is easier alone. red hood that :lol

:exactly::lecture:exactly:

Not too long ago my Jeet Kune Do instructor pulled off a roundhouse kick while sparring, though he himself will admit its not really something you generally use when fighting (he also managed a flying arm bar, just to see if he could get them in I think). It did look awesome, and the guy he was sparring with (his brother) went straight down, was winded and couldn't stand for a while. So they can be effective if you pull it off, but as said, its very rare that they'd be used in a real fight

That said, I got no problem seeing them in films, as they're not always portrayed as realistic fights. I was happy with the way batman fights in the nolan movies, using the KFM, I just wish it was edited differently so we could see what was going on.

:exactly::lecture:exactly:

Last edited:

Have you ever been in a real life fight? :lol

Yes I have, and I used my fists primarily because I'm not Batman, yet Batman's fighting more like me then BATMAN.

Have you ever been in a real life fight, or only on Forums? :lol

Yes I have, and I used my fists primarily because I'm not Batman, yet Batman's fighting more like me then BATMAN.

Have you ever been in a real life fight, or only on Forums? :lol

Many and have the calloused, flat knuckles to prove it. Kicking in a fight leaves you highly vulnerable. Considerably moreso if facing multiple opponents. The fighting system they gave Batman is based off of Israeli Commando fighting techniques which are world renowned. Our Special Forces, as well as SF the world over, train in it. I don't see the issue with Batman using it, especially in the Nolan-verse. It's function over form, and exactly what a real life Batman would use. :huh

Krav Maga Batman > Mr. Furley Karate Batman​

Many and have the calloused, flat knuckles to prove it. Kicking in a fight leaves you highly vulnerable. Considerably moreso if facing multiple opponents. The fighting system they gave Batman is based off of Israeli Commando fighting techniques which are world renowned. Our Special Forces, as well as SF the world over, train in it. I don't see the issue with Batman using it, especially in the Nolan-verse. It's function over form, and exactly what a real life Batman would use. :huh

:exactly:

Just needs better editing.

How is it that Robin is "too stupid", but Spiderman, a teenage-adulthood superhero, works just fine on screen? Peter Parker and Richard Grayson are nearly the SAME THING. Acrobatic, Intelligent, wise-cracking, chick magnets. If one can work, so can the other. If you can accept that a kid gets powers from being bit by a spider, you can accept a tennager/young man following in Batmans footsteps.

Because Spidey doesn't wear a leotard, run around with a man who's way older then him and is his own super-hero. He has no sidekick and he isn't a sidekick. Sidekick's in general usually never work on screen, especially if your main focus is on a hero like batman. How lame would it be if someone like Rambo had Justin Beiber running and gunning next to him while making wise cracks?

I get that, but they're certainly not making him look like a master at fighting in any Batman film. Kicks may leave you vulnerable, but when the fight choreography is great like the one below, there's no excuse for Batman not fighting better. The versions of Batman from BM(1989)-TDKR seem like anyone could kick their asses. That has nothing to do with Bruce Wayne being a human either. I hope Nolan at least backed the camera up in this one, because I know he'll still dissapoint me with Batmans hand-to-hand combat.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo_YfzvAYJY&feature=related"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo_YfzvAYJY&feature=related[/ame]

Theres no reason why a Batman fight scene can't look similar to that, if not better. If Batman is supposed to be a martial arts master. Sadly, most of Batmans rogue gallery suck at fighting. I wish Deathstroke could've been used to beat the living hell out of Batman far better than Bane ever could. Vehicle chases, solid acting, and blowing things up aren't the only great things Batman should have in his movies...

Last edited:

I get that, but they're certainly not making him look like a master at fighting in any Batman film at all. Kicks may leave you vulnerable. but when the fight choreography is beautiful like the one below, there's no excuse for Batman not fighting better. The versions of Batman from BM(1989)-TDKR seem like anyone could kick their asses. That has nothing to do with Bruce Wayne being a human either. I hope Nolan at least backed the camera up in this one, because I know he'll still dissapoint me with Batmans hand-to-hand combat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo_YfzvAYJY&feature=related

Theres no reason why a Batman fight scene can't look similar to that, If Batman is supposed to be a martial arts master. Sadly, most of Batmans rogue gallery suck at fighting. I wish Deathstroke could've been used to beat the living hell out of Batman far better than Bane ever could.

:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha Batman =/= little 150lb Chinese kung-fu master

[ame]https://youtu.be/l5_lneqQEw8[/ame]
[ame]https://youtu.be/r1rii0r15lA[/ame]

It's not about how "pretty" the fighting looks, it's about how effective it is. The longer a fight lasts, the greater your chances are of being defeated.

I get that, but they're certainly not making him look like a master at fighting in any Batman film. Kicks may leave you vulnerable, but when the fight choreography is great like the one below, there's no excuse for Batman not fighting better. The versions of Batman from BM(1989)-TDKR seem like anyone could kick their asses. That has nothing to do with Bruce Wayne being a human either. I hope Nolan at least backed the camera up in this one, because I know he'll still dissapoint me with Batmans hand-to-hand combat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo_YfzvAYJY&feature=related

Theres no reason why a Batman fight scene can't look similar to that, if not better. If Batman is supposed to be a martial arts master. Sadly, most of Batmans rogue gallery suck at fighting. I wish Deathstroke could've been used to beat the living hell out of Batman far better than Bane ever could. Vehicle chases, solid acting, and blowing things up aren't the only great things Batman should have in his movies...

ZzzZzz

I was bored with that fight before a minute was up.

Batman needs to take fools down immediately but without resorting to using bullets, not dance with them.

Screw it, Batman should just start using grenade launchers and car bombs.

But keep Robin where he belongs, at Joel Schumacher's house.

:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha Batman =/= little 150lb Chinese kung-fu master

https://youtu.be/l5_lneqQEw8
https://youtu.be/r1rii0r15lA

It's not about how "pretty" the fighting looks, it's about how effective it is. The longer a fight lasts, the greater your chances are of being defeated.

These are movies based on a fictional character, and you think his fight scenes should look like that because they're "effective"? The reason Nolans are average is because his Batman uses "effective" blows to the neck and head throughout the movie(s).

I'd take a "150 lb Chinese kung-fu master" style fight over what you showed any day of the week. I want to be entertained by a character who's supposed to know 127 or more fighting styles, not put to sleep trying to see who lasts the longest.:lecture.

This stuff isn't real after all. The vids you showed are good to learn from, but shouldn't be the fighting style in a Batman movie.

ZzzZzz

I was bored with that fight before a minute was up.

Batman needs to take fools down immediately but without resorting to using bullets, not dance with them.

Screw it, Batman should just start using grenade launchers and car bombs.

But keep Robin where he belongs, at Joel Schumacher's house.

Oh please show me what you classify as a good fight scene then. :slap
Keep Robin at Schumachers house, and keep Batman at Adams Wests house with a Bat-symbol sticker on his chest and painted on eyebrows.

batusi.jpg

These are movies based on a fictional character, and you think his fight scenes should look like that because they're "effective"? The reason Nolans are average is because his Batman uses "effective" blows to the neck and head throughout the movie(s).

I'd take a "150 lb Chinese kung-fu master" style fight over what you showed any day of the week. I want to be entertained by a character who's supposed to know 127 or more fighting styles, not put to sleep trying to see who lasts the longest.:lecture.

This stuff isn't real after all. The vids you showed are good to learn from, but shouldn't be the fighting style in a Batman movie.

No, instead he should be leaping 50ft in the air, pirouetting into a triple backflip before utilizing E. Honda's hundred-hand slap to the tune of meat slapping and delivering a final Chuck Norris style roundhouse kick. :cuckoo:

I go to Kung Fu movies to see campy-assed wire work bull____. It has absolutely no place in a Batman flick, let alone mainstream cinema. Knowing 127+ fighting styles, Batman should be able to subdue an opponent with a single strike. I'd honestly be surprised if you weren't a huge Matrix fan. :lol

No, instead he should be leaping 50ft in the air, pirouetting into a triple backflip before utilizing E. Honda's hundred-hand slap to the tune of meat slapping and delivering a final Chuck Norris style roundhouse kick. :cuckoo:

I go to Kung Fu movies to see campy-assed wire work bull____. It has absolutely no place in a Batman flick, let alone mainstream cinema. I'd honestly be surprised if you weren't a huge Matrix fan. :lol

So, did the fight between Donnie Yen and Collin Chou I showed have any of the crap you said? :cuckoo: I guess you must be the one who's crazy here. Since you mentioned the Matrix, I assume you want me to think about it because you love it and have the bed sheets in your room.

BTW Honda blows ass. Dudley FTW

That's easy.

Nam vs ummm, anyone. :lol

It's Nice to see that Nam has his very own Alfred on this board ready to co-sign, wash his dishes, and follow him like a pet everywhere he goes. I'm proud of you Nam!:clap Should'nt you be in the kitchen making sandwiches for him?

So, did the fight between Donnie Yen and Collin Chou I showed have any of the crap you said? :cuckoo: I guess you must be the one whos crazy here. Since you mentioned the Matrix, I assume you want me to think about it because you love it and have the bed sheets in your room.

BTW Honda blows ass. Dudley FTW

Martial Art movies have been trying to evolve their movie fights from Couching Tiger floating to real world brutality, i'm not saying that they haven't slightly succeeded (The Legeng Of Chen Zhen, 2010) as a recent example, but I still can't take that ____ seriously :lol

It's like WW whatever Wrestling to me.

Crapola.

Actually, I do like the CTHD movie now that I think about it. :lol

Mandarin is so very relaxing to listen to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back