The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Make jokes all you want Nam. Unlike alot of people on the internet I know what I'm talking about when it comes to this particular topic. People going on and on about fighting method when they've never trained a day in their life is like flying a plane without going to aviation school.

And just when we were getting along too... shame.

We're all, for the most part anonymous here. Not only do you not know if they've ever had any formal training, but for all they know, you could be an armchair MMA-er fronting as a 10th level Dan (you know what that means). I'm also of the opinion that you can have all the training in the world and have your ass handed to you by a windmilling newb who get's lucky and catches ya. So soapboxing about fighting methods, is kinda redundant. Even moreso over the internet, unless you're making a funny clown. :huh

We're all, for the most part anonymous here. Not only do you not know if they've ever had any formal training, but for all they know, you could be an armchair MMA-er fronting as a 10th level Dan (you know what that means). I'm also of the opinion that you can have all the training in the world and have your ass handed to you by a windmilling newb who get's lucky and catches ya. So soapboxing about fighting methods, is kinda redundant. Even moreso over the internet, unless you're making a funny clown. :huh

:exactly::lecture:exactly:

Internet = LOL

I kind of like the fact that Batman isn't an unstoppable fighter in the Nolan films. As nam said, you could have tons of training, yet still get taken down by a lucky punch, and I liked that in Nolan's films, moreso during the dinner party in TDK. You see all of his training, all of his skill, and yet he's still human enough to be susceptible to a sucker punch from some lucky thug.

I kind of like the fact that Batman isn't an unstoppable fighter in the Nolan films. As nam said, you could have tons of training, yet still get taken down by a lucky punch, and I liked that in Nolan's films, moreso during the dinner party in TDK. You see all of his training, all of his skill, and yet he's still human enough to be susceptible to a sucker punch from some lucky thug.

Some people want Batman to be Superman, Galactus, Thanos, Hulk, Thor, Nam and Jesus all mixed into one. :lol

Last edited:

:goodpost:

Its kinda like that on the Arkham Asylum/City game(s) as well. Just go to the Iceberg challenge map and beat down hordes of enemies. Sooner or later, one lucky little punk will punch, kick, or smack you in the head with a weapon, ending your battle.

Some people want Batman to be Superman, Galactus, Thanos, Hulk and Thor all mixed into one. :lol

I think people want that because they don't want Batman to be looked down upon as the weak link in a particular fight. They want that sense of certainty that a man, like us, can defeat things/people that are beyond our capabilities. In a way, Batman sort of represents us, kind of.

The better way to put it is he's the only superhero in a pantheon of superheroes who has zero superpowers.

The better way to put it is he's the only superhero in a pantheon of superheroes who has zero superpowers.

I think that reason alone is why Nolan was drawn to the character. And decided to take a more realistic look at batman. Because he is doable in a real world setting, same goes for a lot of his villains.

I think that reason alone is why Nolan was drawn to the character. And decided to take a more realistic look at batman. Because he is doable in a real world setting, same goes for a lot of his villains.

I dunno. He helped with Superman too, who's the polar opposite. :lol

I dunno. He helped with Superman too, who's the polar opposite. :lol

That's true. Funny as well, since I think Superman is the MOST boring and dumb superhero of all time.

Just never got into it. Something about an invincible man just takes away the exciting part.

That's true. Funny as well, since I think Superman is the MOST boring and dumb superhero of all time.

Just never got into it. Something about an invincible man just takes away the exciting part.

Especially when directed by Bryan Singer.

Especially when directed by Bryan Singer.

I'm guessing that's the guy who directed the latest movie? The one where supes catches an airplane? Yeah, I made it about that far and gave up. The story was SO boring.

By the way, where the hell is DiFabio?

Last edited:

:exactly::exactly::exactly::goodpost::goodpost

i personally think the Nolan Batman is fine but some of his attributes in the physical and detective areas leave a lot to be desired. in those 7-8 years batman should have honed in on his skills and have the mental prowess resources and I don't think nolan, with all of his explanations really accomplished what makes batman batman. what was that 7 to 8 years for exactly? in the comics it's meant to make his body and mind to near physical perfection. in the film however it is anything but. he worked and trained very much yes but it isn't quite a definitive account. while i can appreciate the keysi fighting style it isn't showcased well enough in the fighting scenes. behind the scenes in the sp features it is marvelous but the way it is shot is very poor. Plus, batman, like bruce lee would take all of the styles he learned and make his own "batman fighting method" if you will, lol. not just stick to keysi and elbows.

:goodpost:

However, I think you need to look more closely at the fight scenes. There's more technique then just the elbows. And besides, if his technique works why use something that might not? In a real fight you don't have time for something that's not going to work.

You're right to an extent. I sure you know that someone who has trained for a number of years can tell wither or not someone else has had training just by the words they use or by the way they act. In martial arts is it's called broadcasting.

And by your comment about 10th Dan, you know that I'm not fronting. Your comments about MMA also tell me you know a little about fighting method yourself. If anyone else has doubts they can throw questions my way. I have nothing to prove or hide.

I also think you overestimate windmilling newbs, as you call them. I've trained with a lot of "beginners" and most of them couldn't hurt an experienced fighter unless they got him up against a solid surface like the floor or a wall. They don't have the ability to throw a punch and do any damage. On the flip side of that, yes, you can have all the training in the world and still lose.

Last edited:

south-park-wow3-X-220461-13.jpg

Just lurking.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back