The Fear of Price Drops on Your Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am realistic. I collect toys. The only value associated with the toys is what someone else is willing to pay. HT and 1:6th scale is king today, tomorrow it will be something else.

You think too much. Relax and enjoy it.........

there are worse things to fear than price drops. like fires for example. or natural disasters. i can assume some japanese collectors lost a lot of stuff from that earthquake-tsunami combo, lots of nose diving and swimming figures and robots, for sure.

once in a while, i imagine all my HTs and TFs burning down, feeling the trauma of it and walking away knowing i'll be fine and then feeling excited to start again.

so no, i don't fear price drops.

Last edited:
movie2.gif

_________

I bought Sideshow Star Wars figures because I like the movies. Displaying and posing them. Its your conviction. IMHO Don't stress too much over value as long as you're enjoying them for what they are then its worth the reason to buy. You own your possessions, don't let your possessions own you.

I'm new to Hot Toys, only really went nuts this year, but I have a quickly growing collection, most of it still just preorders. I'm getting them because I like them and want to keep them, so I don't worry about what happens with price fluctuations after I get them.

predator 1 prices dropping bad since the release of classic predator. shame i was gonna sell my p1 and dutch once i saw if the dutch pf was good. Oh well.

I think anyone who doesn't think about resell value AT ALL is lying. Granted, it's not the first thing I think about but it's always there in the back of my mind. Don't get me wrong, I never buy a statue with the intention of reselling it to make a profit. So far, my collection is small since I started after Con '10 but I have yet to resell anything I have purchased. But with anything you collect, chances are there are better things to be investing in if you want to end up with equal or more money than you started. I make sure that I have plenty more money invested in my retirement than toys so hopefully, my little addictive toy habit won't bite me in the ass in the future. Oh, and I have kids on the way so I am more afraid of them destroying my 1:1 ironman bust!

I'll have to disagree with you on this, there's a lot of people on this forum that actually don't think about resell value at all and I'm one of them. There's freaks in the commerce section that sell stuff way below market value because they just hate the culture of the resale market. That's what I love about this forum, there's a lot of people on here that collect because they love it and they want to help fellow collectors that feel the same way, plain and simple.

Back