The Indy Premium Format IMAGE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw an Ebay listing last week which mentioned in the description that the later numbers of the Indy PF had the problem with the darker skin all worked and corrected and that the hands and face matched.

Has anyone else heard this and could there be any truth to it?

Hedji's PF pics above seem like the colors do match very well. Much more so than mine and others I'd seen as well.

Agent5,

Thanks for the compliment. I tried to photograph it so that the face was good and lighted (outdoors). I am very very happy with mine, but yes, I think it is pretty tan.

I can also shed some light on the eBay seller's auction. I know exactly which auction you refer to, because I bought one! Y'see, I was hoping that his claim was accurate and that the face color would indeed be lighter. I would then sell off my exclusive and keep the lighter of the two. Unfortunately, it arrived and turned out to be even darker than my own. The seller was really great, and accepted a return and refunded my money. But, I at least can answer your question...No, the later numbered piece was no better than my lower numbered exclusive version. So at least, with my little sample, Sideshow did not improve the paint job later in the run.

So, Ringer was 100% correct.

Thanks for giving me the bottom line story, Hedji, and for putting my mind at ease.

So, Ringer was 100% correct.

Thanks for giving me the bottom line story, Hedji, and for putting my mind at ease.

I can't remember where my EX sits in the scheme of things, but it doesn't seem too dark to me; either head actually - and I am picky, and lucky I guess in this case. :dunno

The head is actually a bit lighter than the hands actually. :lecture

Just received my exclusive last week. Some collectibles go on the shelf, and that's that. This one... I can't stop looking at it.:love

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

It's funny... my Father, who never pays attention to any of this stuff, took notice of this one and remarked, "You know, that's the only Indiana Jones you have that actually looks like Indiana Jones!":rotfl

(Ironically, he made a similar remark about my PF Luke Skywalker a few years ago.)

Congrats brother!!! Glad you're enjoying it as much as I did ;)........ :rock

Tell me about it...I've been trying to sell my regular on here for a lil over two weeks now and no one is biting, not even any interest :(

You're telling me..... I sold mine to Hedji after a couple MONTHS of me trying to sell it :eek:

Just to let you guys know, Hastings has the Premium Format Indiana Jones for 30% off along with a bunch of other goodies.
He should come to about $195.99 before shipping.
Shipping is low too, I tried it in my cart and it came to a total of $217.25
That's a damn good deal.
https://www.gohastings.com/product/TRENDS/Sideshow-Collectibles-Indiana/sku/278266137.uts
Remember to put in the promotional code at checkout: 321321.
Thanks to zeiss for letting us all know.

I wish I could place an order, but it's still out of my reach even with the discount. :monkey2

Just to let you guys know, Hastings has the Premium Format Indiana Jones for 30% off along with a bunch of other goodies.
That's a damn good deal.
https://www.gohastings.com/product/TRENDS/Sideshow-Collectibles-Indiana/sku/278266137.uts

I wish I could place an order, but it's still out of my reach even with the discount. :monkey2

Ooooooooooooh Prooooooooooooooooooog! :lol

That's a damn good deal.

Is that promo code just for the Indy PF?

Just received my exclusive last week. Some collectibles go on the shelf, and that's that. This one... I can't stop looking at it.:love

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

It's funny... my Father, who never pays attention to any of this stuff, took notice of this one and remarked, "You know, that's the only Indiana Jones you have that actually looks like Indiana Jones!":rotfl

(Ironically, he made a similar remark about my PF Luke Skywalker a few years ago.)

That is one of the best looking paint jobs I have seen on an Indy PF that is not a repaint. Congrats!!!!! I don't know if it's your camera or what but he looks great. Not dark at all, good lip color, everything just looks a bit better. Perhaps it's because I have not looked at any photos of this piece recently.

Really?!? Wow, I guess that makes me feel better about the paint. Don't get me wrong, I still love it to death, but I figured I had gotten one of the dark ones.

I am absolutely astounded by how different this thing looks under different lighting. Take a handheld lamp and position it around the figure, and you will see so many different looks, some better than others. My photos were taken outdoors, so that helped the lighting.

I wonder if there's a difference in how it looks under incandescent vs fluorescent lighting?

I guess hearing that mine is pretty good makes me think the chances of getting a "lighter" toned one is pretty slim.

I definitely dont think you'd find a lighter toned one... that one looks great.. just needs a real leather belt and holster :)

Thanks for the Hastings heads-up! I just nabbed Sideshow Vader, Old Ben and Farmboy Luke for $180 shipped! They also have Toht on sale for 30% off! Can't beat that!

Thanks for the Hastings heads-up! I just nabbed Sideshow Vader, Old Ben and Farmboy Luke for $180 shipped! They also have Toht on sale for 30% off! Can't beat that!

Good luck getting them. Apparently, freaks have still been having problems getting their discounted CloneObi's that were discounted some time ago.

Back