1/6 The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale The Mandalorian Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I’m sick of the Mandolorian look. Off the popularity of Boba Fettt, we get Jango. Then we get the entire civilization of Mandolorian’ in Clone Wars. Then we get another main character wearing Mandolorian in Rebels and another Her Mandolorian family. Then Disney announces there TV show and once again we get another milking of the Fett mask. Yeah it looks cool but **** enough already. I wish they created another entirely new character and a entirely new baby. Baby YODA is just a “Sell Out” for me.

Honestly Mandalorians haven’t been capitalized on all that much compared to what they could have been. Yes there was Boba Fett who’s always been popular and had lots of merchandise. Before The Mandalorian that’s about it really though.

I could imagine there being a 're-stock' of this figure later on once HT sees they've got a hit on their hands. Although Im not sure how much the pandemic has hindered their ability to do that. I think Yoda went back up for preorder shortly before

I guess I’m sick of the Mandolorian look. Off the popularity of Boba Fettt, we get Jango. Then we get the entire civilization of Mandolorian’ in Clone Wars. Then we get another main character wearing Mandolorian in Rebels and another Her Mandolorian family. Then Disney announces there TV show and once again we get another milking of the Fett mask. Yeah it looks cool but **** enough already. I wish they created another entirely new character and a entirely new baby. Baby YODA is just a “Sell Out” for me.

What would you rather the main character was if not a Mandalorian/Bounty Hunter?

Jedi - We've seen that
Smuggler - We've seen that
Pirate - We've seen that
Soldier - We've seen that

Let’s just say if the Main Character was that young kid in Gunslinger episode and the baby was an entirely new SW alien, I might get behind the show. Build it from bottom up.

What would you rather the main character was if not a Mandalorian/Bounty Hunter?

Jedi - We've seen that
Smuggler - We've seen that
Pirate - We've seen that
Soldier - We've seen that

Well, u could have, like, an accountant or something. With maybe tentacles. Like the Empire must've had credits flowing and some-one was keeping track, so the whole show could be a psychological thriller about how this accountant tries to hide the ONE time he accidently hit the wrong button and sent 54,000,000,067 credits to a girly/creature/whatever bar, but then the Empire finds out and the whole show is about this accountant on the run. The twist is, instead of the trope where the accountant becomes an unwitting hero, he gets run over by a wonky speeder getting test driven by a pit droid. The End.

Well, u could have, like, an accountant or something. With maybe tentacles. Like the Empire must've had credits flowing and some-one was keeping track, so the whole show could be a psychological thriller about how this accountant tries to hide the ONE time he accidently hit the wrong button and sent 54,000,000,067 credits to a girly/creature/whatever bar, but then the Empire finds out and the whole show is about this accountant on the run. The twist is, instead of the trope where the accountant becomes an unwitting hero, he gets run over by a wonky speeder getting test driven by a pit droid. The End.

I think that was in Robot Chicken Star Wars - Episode II :)

I understand what you're saying, and it feels that way if you only want to look at it as just selling the Boba Fett helmet. But Mandalorian culture grew to be something unique and interesting that went far beyond Boba Fett, even in the old Expanded Universe.

Mandalorians are a very distinctive facet of Star Wars. Each successive appearance of Mandalorians in the current canon have added to their culture and mythology. They've also done a good job of making Mandalorian characters unique. A ruler at odds with her culture. A reluctant leader. A rebellious youth. Imperial sympathizers. A bounty hunter protecting a former target.

To have stories and shows that build up an important part of the Star Wars universe to some people is not a bad thing.

I can't say I totally disagree with you, but I still enjoy the hell out of the show. The first thing that threw me off was Yoda/Force user, I was actually hoping for zero of that in this. Especially considering the timing, I didn't think that would ever happen since any Jedi/Force User would be with or at least probably in contact with Luke at this point given the destruction of the Empire/Emperor.

I had probably the biggest eye roll in my entire life when they went back to ****ing Tatooine again! But I definitely still enjoyed the show very much, it just wasn't the show I was expecting exactly.

I understand what you're saying, and it feels that way if you only want to look at it as just selling the Boba Fett helmet. But Mandalorian culture grew to be something unique and interesting that went far beyond Boba Fett, even in the old Expanded Universe.

Mandalorians are a very distinctive facet of Star Wars. Each successive appearance of Mandalorians in the current canon have added to their culture and mythology. They've also done a good job of making Mandalorian characters unique. A ruler at odds with her culture. A reluctant leader. A rebellious youth. Imperial sympathizers. A bounty hunter protecting a former target.

To have stories and shows that build up an important part of the Star Wars universe to some people is not a bad thing.

:goodpost: ... I may not like a lot of the Mandalorian mythos in the sense that it's not necessarily to my taste, but they've done exactly as you say, and within that maybe there's something for everyone, because I really do enjoy the television show regardless of my 'take it or leave it' attitude towards the rest of it. A hardened bounty hunter protecting a former target is a great idea in any universe, if executed properly.

I could imagine there being a 're-stock' of this figure later on once HT sees they've got a hit on their hands. Although Im not sure how much the pandemic has hindered their ability to do that. I think Yoda went back up for preorder shortly before

Very plausible....

Of course it would have to sell out first.

It's still available at Sideshow on pre order.

The first batch Hong Kong market is its own thing.

Though to be fair, it is usually a sign of things to come elsewhere.

Arguably the worst character in the show but each to their own.

Exactly!! You take that character and a unknown baby Alien run the exact same show, it?s a very boring show. So we need to come up with a cool character. Oh I got it what about a Mandolorian? That?s a nice trick!!! Don?t get me wrong there are very cool original scenes like the Ig 11 shoot out, the lava boat, smashing stormtrooper helmet, and I liked the insect character ?full stop? scene. But overall it was boring show, walking up and down the street waisting valuable running time. Even devoted Muslim woman will take their burka?s off when Their home. Didn?t like the scene when he walked into someone home when they were sleeping and killed then (Rhino Alien). That was cold!!! I just can?t understand wearing the helmet all the time. Even when all by himself. Anyways I look forward to Season 2

[...]Didn?t like the scene when he walked into someone home when they were sleeping and killed then (Rhino Alien). That was cold!!! I just can?t understand wearing the helmet all the time. Even when all by himself. Anyways I look forward to Season 2

That?s weird ? I don?t remember that. What episode was that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could imagine there being a 're-stock' of this figure later on once HT sees they've got a hit on their hands. Although Im not sure how much the pandemic has hindered their ability to do that.

Seems hindered a good bit considering that the stuff they rolled out last week isn't due for ALMOST TWO YEARS??? Holy ****, a person could date, get married, have a child, and get divorced before receiving a damn day one HT preorder nowadays.

But I suppose an eventual re-release is always possible...

Back