The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But my point is also that it'd be hard to tie the Palpatine business, and rise of the FO, into a show where they are working angles with the New Republic if their canon stories say that Leia was among the first to learn about the threat a mere 6 years prior to TFA.

So according to official canon is "6 years prior to TFA" pretty much when everything went down? Ben Solo killing Luke's students, joining Snoke, and Luke going into exile?

Aaaaaaand ajp logged off just when this was getting good, lol.

tenor.gif

:lol :lol

Yep the internet is on fire with fans begging for more Carl Weathers directed Snoke episodes so I'm sure that Disney will wisely ignore them in favor of more profitable pursuits, lol.

Some of it depends on how literally you want to take the one Final Order officer saying "The Emperor has conjured a fleet..." I mean he did raise his hands at the beginning of the movie and all the Star Destroyers immediately lifted out of the ground. :)

I believe the official canon answer is that the entire planet of Exegol were Sith loyalists working on the new fleet since the time of the OT. I'm okay with Palps have multiple fleets under construction. I mean if you accept a second Death Star just a few short years after the first why not, lol.

Even if he never died what would he have done once the Rebellion was crushed and Jedi were wiped out for good? Probably branched out into other galaxies. Maybe Exegol was originally intended to give him his fleet of galaxy terrorizers that would have spread out across the universe with their planet killing weapons.
The Emperor died at the end of ROTJ no matter what some desperate TV hack director has to say 35+ years later.

I swear if Disney bought the rights to Titanic and changed the film so that the ship didn't sink a high percentage of morons would just drink the Kool-aid.
b29b50afaa78d9369b5e4d2f2c6714fc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

So I guess that means Boba Fett is dead too then and you already checked out after the Krayt Dragon episode huh. :)

Wait you stuck around? Well pull up a chair then fellow Kool-Aid drinking moron. :duff

:D

:lol :lol

Yep the internet is on fire with fans begging for more Carl Weathers directed Snoke episodes so I'm sure that Disney will wisely ignore them in favor of more profitable pursuits, lol.

I’m so happy for Carl his twitter is getting blown up with high praise.

Action Jackson lol

So according to official canon is "6 years prior to TFA" pretty much when everything went down? Ben Solo killing Luke's students, joining Snoke, and Luke going into exile?

Aaaaaaand ajp logged off just when this was getting good, lol.

tenor.gif

:lol :lol Sorry about my crappy timing.

The "6 years prior to TFA" isn't necessarily when everything went down, but it's the *earliest* that those events you listed could've happened (if you take novels as canon). And with respect to connecting with The Mandalorian, the FO had not emerged in public prior to that point - which is about 20 years after the current Mando timeline.

It's when Leia decided to start investigating potentially nefarious activity involving shady underworld dealings. When she realized the scope of what was actually going on (that it had much broader implications than just an underground crime syndicate), it eventually led her to form the Resistance.

At that same time, Ben was still Luke's student and Han was still with Leia. But we don't know exactly how long thereafter Ben slaughtered the other students. What is certain is that it could *not* be more than six years prior to TFA, but could be as few as 2-3 years. Maybe the comics get more specific than the novels, but I didn't read many of the comics.

The key takeaway from the novels is that the New Republic Senate had FO plants working there covertly to cover up their existence and expansion. Leia got too close to discovering their plot and was disgraced out of her position in the Senate for it (to limit her influence there). And this was the turning point in her being forced to splinter off and investigate (and ultimately combat) Snoke and the FO in a non-government capacity.

Even to someone as in-the-loop with the New Republic hierarchy as Leia was, the FO was completely off the radar and not known to exist until that point. So, during the Mando timeline (20-25 years prior to TFA), any exposure of the FO would have to be compatible with being outside the notice of the New Republic. Otherwise it'll be yet another significant retcon.

I'll be closely watching. If they go down this idiotic path I'll just call it quits and take my money with me. They will be risking over half their paying customers and an even higher percentage of the biggest spenders.

This is nuts to me... I mean if the show is good its good and if it handles some ST stuff in the right way then so what..

I cant believe you are really pulling a "If you don't play the way I want to then I'm going home" :lol

I believe you will be in the minority of people quieting on the show because they might make some references to the ST or even a plot point or two surrounding the ST .

IDK.. I mean Even when I hated and I mean HATED the first two films of the ST I would have welcomed some good story telling about the events of the ST on a show like Mando.

If its handled well its handled well.

I mean If Rose shows up then Yeah.. I might leave with you but dude.. Come on.

Damn man I had to live with the PT for years thinking that's all th SW movies we would get.. And on top of that Lucas ****ed with the OT to get it to fit in with that half assed vision.

I think you can handle a Snoke clone or story about creating the First order..

Thankfully there was TCW which gave some decent SW stories and helped the PT become a bit more acceptable. If you would relax you might find the same thing happens for you..

Or it really was just a coincidence and last ten pages are for nothing :lol

Last edited:
This is nuts to me... I mean if the show is good its good and if it handles some ST stuff in the right way then so what..

I cant believe you are really pulling a "If you don't play the way I want to then I'm going home" :lol

I believe you will be in the minority of people quieting on the show because they might make some references to the ST or even a plot point or two surrounding the ST .

IDK.. I mean Even when I hated and I mean HATED the first two films of the ST I would have welcomed some good story telling about the events of the ST on a show like Mando.

If its handled well its handled well.

I mean If Rose shows up then Yeah.. I might leave with you but dude.. Come on.

Damn man I had to live with the PT for years thinking that's all th SW movies we would get.. And on top of that Lucas ****ed with the OT to get it to fit in with that half assed vision.

I think you can handle a Snoke clone or story about creating the First order..

Thankfully there was TCW which gave some decent SW stories and helped the PT become a bit more acceptable. If you would relax you might find the same thing happens for you..

Or it really was just a coincidence and last ten pages are for nothing :lol

Well it of course it depends on context and just how involved it gets. I won't know for sure what is tolerable or not until I see what it is. I won't quit the franchise if I see something that resembles Babu Frik's elbow. All this could still be a complete non issue:dunno

Generally I think it would be a stretch not to suggest anything ST in Mando. And if what the remnant Empire wants to do with the child is to create Snoke, well, would make sense and I would appreciate that the struggle in Mando is in fact a really important one. I don?t see how that story arc wouldn?t go well with the OT feel.
That said I really want Mando to aesthetically stay fully within the OT. Please no FO trooper armors and overdesigned Star destroyers. That is my main problem with the ST: The aesthetics aren?t true enough to the OT imo, and this is where Mando really shines for me.

Guess I am the lone dissenter here....

I did not really like this episode. The show is quickly becoming 10% story, 10% character development , 50% fan service. And 30 % over long action sequences.

How many minutes of this show is people running down corridors shooting storm troopers?

So what did we get this episode? A slight addition to the plot where we are told they want baby Yoda?s blood to further some experiments .......which we knew from the 3rd episode already.

I called it then and I?ll call it now. This is an attempt to link Mando to the ST. These experiments will eventually be shown to be done to help Palpatine maintain his spirit in a manufactured body......so he can goto his backup plan of the FO.

In the meantime, I believe we will get a story about undead/cloned storm troopers, powered by force blood.

But in the meanwhile we will get much more fan service, and shooting of troopers.

Get on with the story already.........

And I really have zero interest in wrestler girls conflicted emotions on being part of the alliance or not.....

I came here for the Mando story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I really have zero interest in wrestler girls conflicted emotions on being part of the alliance or not.....

I don?t know if it?s her lack of range or the writing, but I find that forced too.

Not sure about the rest, so far I?m entertained.

:lol :lol Sorry about my crappy timing.

The "6 years prior to TFA" isn't necessarily when everything went down, but it's the *earliest* that those events you listed could've happened (if you take novels as canon). And with respect to connecting with The Mandalorian, the FO had not emerged in public prior to that point - which is about 20 years after the current Mando timeline.

It's when Leia decided to start investigating potentially nefarious activity involving shady underworld dealings. When she realized the scope of what was actually going on (that it had much broader implications than just an underground crime syndicate), it eventually led her to form the Resistance.

At that same time, Ben was still Luke's student and Han was still with Leia. But we don't know exactly how long thereafter Ben slaughtered the other students. What is certain is that it could *not* be more than six years prior to TFA, but could be as few as 2-3 years. Maybe the comics get more specific than the novels, but I didn't read many of the comics.

The key takeaway from the novels is that the New Republic Senate had FO plants working there covertly to cover up their existence and expansion. Leia got too close to discovering their plot and was disgraced out of her position in the Senate for it (to limit her influence there). And this was the turning point in her being forced to splinter off and investigate (and ultimately combat) Snoke and the FO in a non-government capacity.

Even to someone as in-the-loop with the New Republic hierarchy as Leia was, the FO was completely off the radar and not known to exist until that point. So, during the Mando timeline (20-25 years prior to TFA), any exposure of the FO would have to be compatible with being outside the notice of the New Republic. Otherwise it'll be yet another significant retcon.

Dude please TCW has Anakin and ObiWan sending Ahsoka to fight Darth Maul and Mandalorians and not once was it ever mentioned in ROTS that Maul was back and that was on the same day!

Don’t even get me started on the existence of the dark saber lol

So yeah don’t be shocked if FO timeline doesn’t add up to any silly book you read lol

Last edited:
Back