The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty sure Fett got beat up by some tiny Mandalorian chick in the beginning of the episode.. What did that have to do with gaining something? [...]

Koska Reeves is superior to Boba Fett in every possible way. She would have killed him, but Bo Katan called her off so she settled for humiliating him.

Whenever I hear his startled and confused cries of dismay and fear, I laaaauugh and laaauuugh. :lol

We now know his ignominious defeat in ROTJ was no fluke. :lecture

It is so obvious now, but I could never imagine who Mando would ultimately entrust his Child to... only to Luke. Perfect.

"Hello black-cloaked stranger whom I've never seen before in my whole entire life. You a Jedi? Cool cool. Here's the baby. Nah, I don't need your contact info or references or anything." :lol

It is so obvious now, but I could never imagine who Mando would ultimately entrust his Child to... only to Luke. Perfect.

I did not think it would happen this season. But it had to be Luke if it wanted to stay true to the OT.

I was worried it would be Mace or some other lame ass Jedi that should have no business being alive.

Koska Reeves is superior to Boba Fett in every possible way. She would have killed him, but Bo Katan called her off so she settled for humiliating him.

Whenever I hear his startled and confused cries of dismay and fear, I laaaauugh and laaauuugh. :lol

We now know his ignominious defeat in ROTJ was no fluke. :lecture

:lol :lol

Great points.

That last point - :lol

I dont like the cgi route for one reason, if Hamill dies tomorrow they will do the ******** Marved did to Black Panther and shelve the character. Those characters are more important than the actors, and they will live forever in pop culture.
There is 30 years of history to be written, the recast would be the perfect oportunity to show a more mature luke in his late 20's, but i still hope that the next he appear as a leading protagonist will be a recast or Or take the opportunity that Hamill is still alive and put him back in a tv series 10 years before TFA, close his character arc while he still breaths.

I kinda feel this way.. I think the characters are more iconic then the actors...

Luke's expression was so lifeless. IDK.. Hard to imagine another actor doing it.

But i think they still could recast if they wanted. But I really think there is a good chance we saw the last of Luke in Live action form.

Star Wars was getting ridiculous with all the rumors of surviving Jedi running around. The only one who SHOULD have been able to answer Grogu's call WAS Luke. This is five years after ROTJ man so if you call out for a Jedi you get Luke or one of his students, the end. ****** that Mace Windu ****, lol.

Well said

This was the first episode where I found myself noticing lackluster music and pedestrian direction. There just wasn't a lot of style or excitement to the photography including Mando fighting the DT and MG or even Luke's onslaught. The music was barely noticeable as well compared to other episodes where it really enhanced the action. Peyton guy needs to go, he was the least of all directors this season.

Fortunately the wow moments of the narrative overshadowed the lackluster direction. He did handle the Grogu face touching moment perfectly so I'll at least give him that.

This.. I thought the same thing.. I thought the direction lacked big time in this episode. Thought the action was average. I think that is what held me back from freaking out about this episode like may others here. Thought Music could have been more impactful also.

I did like how the opening Mondo theme was in full orchestra mode in the beginning..

Is there going to be a season 3?? . The way the theme was handled in the beginning and the end credits felt so final.

I really liked how the Luke / Vader RO scene played against each other.

Vader scene was much more a horror movie. A being that was more machine then Human cutting down human lives. The more emotional swings of the saber and anger behind all the moves. The horror music in the background and the dark smoky setting.

Luke scene, Much more hopeful and heroic movie. A man cutting down machines to save humans. The more controlled swings and control behind the moves. The hopeful music (I do wish the music was the force theme though) in the background and the well lit setting.

Yeah.. That part was handled pretty much perfectly.

I really liked how the Luke / Vader RO scene played against each other.

Vader scene was much more a horror movie. A being that was more machine then Human cutting down human lives. The more emotional swings of the saber and anger behind all the moves. The horror music in the background and the dark smoky setting.

Luke scene, Much more hopeful and heroic movie. A man cutting down machines to save humans. The more controlled swings and control behind the moves. The hopeful music (I do wish the music was the force theme though) in the background and the well lit setting.

Yeah.. That part was handled pretty much perfectly.

They tried to hide his identity until the last second by not using JW music even though you saw his xwing and black glove lol

I honestly think there are people out there hoping it was Ezra or some dumb and ridiculous videogame character named Cal something or other.

I knew immediately it wasn't Mace though like immediately lol

They tried to hide his identity by not using JW music and even though you saw his xwing and black glove lol

I honestly think there are people out there hoping it was Ezra or some dumb and ridiculous videogame character named Cal something.

I knew immediately it wasn't Mace though like immediately lol

I guess that is true.. Green saber and glove.. Who the hell didnt know it was luke? :lol

Force theme would have gave me major goosebumps.

I cant imagine how angry I would have been if it was Mace, Ezra or some stupid video game character.

I dont like the cgi route for one reason, if Hamill dies tomorrow they will do the ******** Marved did to Black Panther and shelve the character. Those characters are more important than the actors, and they will live forever in pop culture.
There is 30 years of history to be written, the recast would be the perfect oportunity to show a more mature luke in his late 20's, but i still hope that the next he appear as a leading protagonist will be a recast or Or take the opportunity that Hamill is still alive and put him back in a tv series 10 years before TFA, close his character arc while he still breaths.

I have to admit I was really disappointed to see they went the cgi route with Luke. I was really excited to see who they cast to fill the role (really hoping it was Sebastian Stan) but was completely deflated to see him lift the hood and reveal the bad cgi overlay face. It would have been a perfect time to recast and have Luke be a regular on the show or even get his own show. Oh, well. Still cool to see post ROTJ in action.

I was in desperate need of Fett salvation this afternoon what can I tell you not just me go ask Khev lol

:lol

I was not as bothered by it as both of you.. I figured at the time Fett was playing nice..

I think I found ajp reason for it being fine.. Im not sold on that logic for that being the reason to allow such an ass kicking but we do what we have to to keep our love for SW going :lol ajp reason is as good as any though... I'll go with it. :lol

I agree.. but I wonder how much of that had to do with the awful setting of that episode.. I mean.. Holy fan film :lol

I thought it was your backyard at first lol

I guess that is true.. Green saber and glove.. Who the hell didnt know it was luke? :lol

Force theme would have gave me major goosebumps.

I cant imagine how angry I would have been if it was Mace, Ezra or some stupid video game character.

It's like who else could they use other than Luke it only makes perfect sense but being honest I never expected them to use a de-aged Hamill for a tv series so I was still blown away they went there.

They really blew the cameo door open didn't they only 3 big ones remaining are Han, Lando and the Emperor.

I have to admit I was really disappointed to see they went the cgi route with Luke. I was really excited to see who they cast to fill the role (really hoping it was Sebastian Stan) but was completely deflated to see him lift the hood and reveal the bad cgi overlay face. It would have been a perfect time to recast and have Luke be a regular on the show or even get his own show. Oh, well. Still cool to see post ROTJ in action.

What an absolutely horrible sacrilegious idea hnnng

Turd is going to lecture you lol

I am a little bummed that the Luke's face CGI wasn't perfect. I mean it's already been four and a half years since we saw a perfect young RDJ in CW. I'm still glad that they went that route over a recast though.

I know I said I never wanted to see someone other than Ford playing Han and then ended up being highly entertained by Alden's take but I don't think a recast would work for a simple cameo. If another actor is gonna fill the role they need time to breath and make it their own IMO.

:lol

I was not as bothered by it as both of you.. I figured at the time Fett was playing nice..

I think I found ajp reason for it being fine.. Im not sold on that logic for that being the reason to allow such an ass kicking but we do what we have to to keep our love for SW going :lol ajp reason is as good as any though... I'll go with it. :lol

Boba Fett was humiliated and beaten yet again.

This explains why he hid behind Darth Vader in ESB, why he *ran for his life* after taking a cheap shot at Luke that missed because he was so scared, why he was *easily* bested over the Sarlacc pit, and why he needs Fennec as a caregiver and protector.

She even did most of the shooting when they returned to the Palace where he now sits on a Crying Chair to think about days past when his reputation was intact.

I love where they're going with this. Who knew this cipher of a character had such depth and complexity? He's shaping up to be the biggest fraud of the OT and now he has to come to terms with it. Let's watch!

Back