The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I expect an avalanche of posts after people finish din-din and finally watch Din-Din.

If I waited until tonight I would have been spoiled. So many articles popped up on my phone today with pictures of young Luke looking at Grogu, etc... the phone sucks. So I had to make an afternoon viewing.

I expect an avalanche of posts after people finish din-din and finally watch Din-Din.

If I waited until tonight I would have been spoiled. So many articles popped up on my phone today with pictures of young Luke looking at Grogu, etc... the phone sucks. So I had to make an afternoon viewing.

I have have been waking up at whatever crazy hour necessary before work on Fridays to watch before I have had to leave, otherwise I would have had to turn off my phone. Luckily today was an off day.

I managed to avoid spoilers. I did pop into the thread earlier today forgetting what day it was and saw the earliest reaction posts and I quickly backed out. I couldn't help but see the Book of Boba Fett thread but I thought nothing of it and didn't even go in. I thought it was....well, some book that they decided to announce now to capitalize on Jeremy Bulloch's passing.

Weird that Andor and Obi-Wan have been in production forever now and are still coming out *after* the brand new Boba series. At least we'll have Mando *and* Fett to enjoy next holiday season but man it's gonna be a long wait until then.

The beauty of the title is called the Mandalorian...not Dinn, so if Pedro doesn’t come back, they could shift the show into the saga focused on Boba Fett for S3

Although have to be perfectly honest, I’m going to miss seeing Dinn’s Mando if this happens

EpjeNQeWMAMRrwL.jpg
EpjeNQlWwAAQdv0.jpg
EpjeNQlWwAI0Jq3.jpg
Epjvk63XcAAA_2t.jpg

My criticism about the face reveal in the previous episode stands (unless Khev or ajp can fix my thinking on that) but what a scene this was. Amazing what they achieved with a helmeted man and a puppet.

That was so good! I may have teared up a little and I?m not ashamed to admit it. All I ever wanted was to see Luke be a badass. (Well that and to see our 3 heroes onscreen together again). This show is really proving how much of a middle finger to the fans the sequels were. Too bad they can?t remake them with Luke, Ahsoka, Grogu, and Thrawn as the villain.

So Hamill doing the voice of the droid was a misdirect to make everyone believe that this was the most we would get out of Hamill for Mando.

It worked lol

Loved the T-800 feel to the Dark Troopers.

Luke showing up was a very cool moment.

Luke CGI face kind of ruined all the coolness. Made RO Leia look like Oscar winner for F/X

When the four Woman were going after the bridge.. All I could hear was Ducky say "Girl Power!!" :lol

Am I the only one that was more excited to see R2 more then Luke :lol

Notice that R2 was the hero again.. Grogu didnt want to leave with Luke. It took the real hero of the PT and OT to bring him along :)

Loved that ending with Fett. Guess that is why Fett put on weight.. He knew that he wanted Jabba's throne and only Fatty's can sit on it :lol

Good ending. Nice surprise. Not my fav episode of the series but very good and a nice overall wrap up.

When the four Woman were going after the bridge.. All I could hear was Ducky say "Girl Power!!" :lol

That's exactly what I said to my wife... thinking of Ducky.

I loved the fight between Mando and that Dark Trooper. And the very classic style saber fight with Gideon -- even some of the shots were copied from the Vader vs Ben duel, which was great.

I am shocked that you weren't bowled over by this episode though. I will reconnect with you after your third viewing, when you usually settle on your decision.

Honestly this episode might have served as the greatest act of healing across all contingents of the fandom, lol.

For ST haters you got your "Luke in his prime post-OT" moment.
For PT haters we got a redemption of Jango Clone Fett.
For dismayed Fett fans from the OT he now reigns as king.
For ST fans who were shocked that the new trilogy led off with barely a word on how the FO randomly rose from the ashes of the Empire now we have a better picture of how that happened. They even threw in some references to Force-sensitive clone experimentation to set the stage a bit for TROS Palps.
TCW/Filoni fans got their due, just so much yes "fan service" spread around but in an organic way that served the story.

Great points.

Boba Fett did get his ass kicked by a girl though :lol

Loved the T-800 feel to the Dark Troopers.

Luke showing up was a very cool moment.

Luke CGI face kind of ruined all the coolness. Made RO Leia look like Oscar winner for F/X

Am I the only one that was more excited to see R2 more then Luke :lol

Notice that R2 was the hero again.. Grogu didnt want to leave with Luke. It took the real hero of the PT and OT to bring him along :)

Loved that ending with Fett. Guess that is why Fett put on weight.. He knew that he wanted Jabba's throne and only Fatty's can sit on it :lol

Good ending. Nice surprise. Not my fav episode of the series but very good and a nice overall wrap up.

Disagree

Grogu was just asking for permission and he wanted to touch Mando's face.

Now the question is WHY did he want to touch Mando's face :horror

Great points.

Boba Fett did get his ass kicked by a girl though :lol

Nope not at all it was all for the long play...the Throne.

Mando had to give something up for his long play.

Fett had to give something up for his long play.

That's exactly what I said to my wife... thinking of Ducky.

I am shocked that you weren't bowled over by this episode though. I will reconnect with you after your third viewing, when you usually settle on your decision.

:lol Thats Khev.. I have watched all Mando Episodes only once.

I am going t start the series over now. Probably start this week after I finish season 2 of Cobra Kai.

I did enjoy it. I wish they played up the force theme more when Luke first showed up.

I mean we all knew it was him as soon as the X-wing showed up right.. Play it up give us the force theme and even Luke's theme as he took out all the droids.

I think that would have pushed me over the edge.

As is, R2 showing up, just about pushed me all on his own :lol

I think this show did a great job of turning it around for me and making me a fan. I was not all that thrilled with season 1. I pretty much enjoyed all the episodes this season accept for episode 2.

Luke showing up was a great way to end the show. It was a surprise and it was a fitting ending to "the child"

I think I was not as blown away because this season had many episodes that I really enjoyed so my expectations may have been a bit high..

Disagree

Grogu was just asking for permission and he wanted to touch Mando's face.

Now the question is WHY did he want to touch Mando's face :horror

Ummmmmm Sorry but Grogu was busy looking in Mando's loving eyes.. R2 broke the spell :lol

I'm pretty sure Fett got beat up by some tiny Mandalorian chick in the beginning of the episode.. What did that have to do with gaining something? His manhood ;)

She straight up flipped his ass... :lol

You really confuse me at times Jye :lol

Fett was completely ruined.

Absolutely horrible just horrible.

My Fett doesn't need Mulan doing his dirty work for him when he arrives at a job.

My Fett doesn't honor commitments he only has double crosses and only honors himself.

My Fett doesn't say "Just be safe" unless he is double crossing.

He could've had his way with the Mando mission and still went and claimed his new throne at the end.

meh he was bested by lame single small Mandalorian.

Back