The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale The Mandalorian Collectible Figure

I felt the same. It was little more then Seven Samurai/Magnificent Seven (but with only two) all over again. This show, while enjoyable to an extent, as always felt a bit derivative, and Episode 4 really showed that. Hollywood is completely devoid of any originality it seems.

It's Favreau. You get what you see.

Funny that Ron Howard directed an ATST sequence in Solo and how his daughter did the same.

If I were to change anything it would?ve been this.

I would?ve had Mando and Cara fail at protecting the village which would?ve aligned perfectly with their rushed training.

Mando and Cara should?ve had a conversation between the 2 inserted into the show about how the chances of their success after discovering the ATST being very minimal so was it right to give the villagers a false hope.

Have the deaths of some of the villagers be on their conscious.

OR

Have baby yoda once again use his powers to save the village.

I did like Cara quite a bit although her line delivery to the villagers about having to leave was really quite bad lol

Regarding the actual ATST it was a spot on homage to war of the worlds therefore it had to act alive and also a homage to the possessed vehicle movies from the 70s (1977 The Car) so it needed to make creepy metallic creaking sounds when it moved.

Favreau is such a geek lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Do you think they?ll make a stormtrooper from the show?

Episode 4 definitely the weakest episode so far. Not terrible, but a step back in terms of the quality story telling we saw in the first 3 episodes.

Are they any differences on the armour?
Which trooper do you think they would they use for it?

Are they any differences on the armour?
Which trooper do you think they would they use for it?

Those are Rogue One armours in the show; only differences I could see besides the heavy wear was I spotted one trooper missing his thermal detonator -- the armours are beat up and not as well-equipped but otherwise identical to R1 near as I can tell.

Interesting theories though I would probably think that he would have been found sooner if he had a long range tracker on his ship or somehow embedded in his armor.

Hey, just wanted to quickly revisit the tracker question. I think the timing of the bounty hunter's arrival doesn't necessarily contradict the second, long range tracker theory. When Mando escaped with Baby Yoda it seemed that the other Mandalorians wiped out pretty much every bounty hunter that received a tracking fob from Herzog and/or Apollo Greef, so IMO a delay is justified while they recruit more bounty hunters and distribute additional fobs.

Those are Rogue One armours in the show; only differences I could see besides the heavy wear was I spotted one trooper missing his thermal detonator -- the armours are beat up and not as well-equipped but otherwise identical to R1 near as I can tell.

Cheers for that. Ain?t seen the show yet and I was hoping they would be the rogue one versions.
A heavy weathered stormtrooper would be ace

An episode straight out of Stargate, "Oh hi traveller we need your help, we live in a pristine village where the sun always shines, the birds are always chirping and a pleasant harp is played in the background.
but oh NO! there just so happens to be a band of murderous orc's that live right next door what ever will we do....

An episode straight out of Stargate, "Oh hi traveller we need your help, we live in a pristine village where the sun always shines, the birds are always chirping and a pleasant harp is played in the background.
but oh NO! there just so happens to be a band of murderous orc's that live right next door what ever will we do....

Yeah, it felt like watching an A-Team episode.

Yeah, it felt like watching an A-Team episode.

Although I had issues with this episode's execution, I think the throwback episodic feel was intentional and I don't necessarily mind it. Lone gunslinger had to help defend a homestead at some point.

:lol :lol

Not exactly a wrong assessment but I've already watched it three times and it's been thoroughly enjoyable every single time.

What it lacks in originality it makes up with exceeding charm. It would have been fun if the waitress was played by Betty White as a nod to fellow Golden Girl Bea Arthur in the HS, lol.

Last edited:
:lol :lol

Not exactly a wrong assessment but I've already watched it three times and it's been thoroughly enjoyable every single time.

What it lacks in originality it makes up for with exceeding charm.

Don't get me wrong, I love the show, but not every episode or character is a win.
Gina Carano holding her own against a man in a fight is way more believable than the 90 lb. Charlie's Angels or that new 5ft. tall female John Connor in Dark Fate. However -
Felt like the Mandalorian got mixed up with the Waltons or the Little House on the Prairie. Haven't seen that much of bad acting by minor characters for a while.....Really liked episodes 1-3, but this one was just an enormous waste of time.....
To me, this episode was cringe-worthy, complete woodenness arrived, we went form 10 to 1... Gina Carano is **** as an actress, and the whole episode had her in the center of everything, it was ridiculous, the Mandalorian couldn't say a sentence without being interrupted by her, or had to give her all the interventions and time, it was RI DI CU LOUS! I had this thought in my head all the time: "..WAKE THE **** UP STAR WARS SHILLS! You're the reason why we're in this state, by praising this **** you guys are putting yourselves in the mud! "

This episode was full of feminists agenda, it was all about women, and guess what I bet baby yoda is going to find a girl like Rey, full of The Force, if he didn't found already. Did you notice most kids were girls?
Again, love the show, looking forward to each episode, but #4 was ridiculous, the cringe was nauseating, this episode was rubbish from start to finish.

Yeah, I think the village was definitely a bit Star Trek-ish, and the people had that vibe too (OT SW really doesn't show kids much at all.) Like Horatio Sanz's blueman character in ep1 there are certain things that stand out as Star Trek-ish.

I did like how the village seemed to be inspired by some RMQ Endor artwork that was in the illustrated SW Universe book - the huts with the lake looked similar (the pic below is the most seen, but there's another one that has that thatched sticks look like in the episode,) as well as the scary "marauders" and that kind of bar-type place. Explains why the ATST shows up - inspired by Endor. And the downing of the ATST is an obvious Ewoks connection.

A bit of a retro "Ewok Adventure" vibe - the demonic ATST almost seems like something Wicket imagined and told the heroes about.

Cool connection re Endor. Assume that's the kind of thing cast & crew talk about with Dave Filoni on board. Bein' kind of a treehugger:cool: always luv more naturalistic settings.

Agree after re-watching that Carano acting-wise here and there needs a bit of a boost, but hey, IMO Hemsworth was kinda there too at first, and improved fast. She was real good at the end cheeking Mando. Good chemistry. Watching some interviews, she talks about never being on a set like this, where everyone is so passionately committed, and she doesn't want to work any other way again. LOL she is being assimilated.

Completely appreciate the fellow-soldier dynamic too. But my fav episode is still #3 so far. It's hilarious Mando runs off with both the Beskar and baby Yoda.:cool:

This episode was full of feminists agenda, it was all about women, and guess what I bet baby yoda is going to find a girl like Rey, full of The Force, if he didn't found already. Did you notice most kids were girls?
Again, love the show, looking forward to each episode, but #4 was ridiculous, the cringe was nauseating, this episode was rubbish from start to finish.

IMO it was a "softer" episode but gonna guess there's gonna be a lot of grittiness - there already was - through the whole arc of Season 1. There's room for a bit of softness, assuming? guess based on trailer "your name will become legend". U can't be a legend to the people if you've never spend time around "the people". Not just shifty underworld types and soldiers.

Didn't see wokeness myself. Kickass female warriors (like Conan's Valeria and BW) have been around before. Asking a warrior to settle down and be a family man is, like, traditional.

C'mon man. That's just the opposite side of the Sarkeesian coin. Not everything needs to be jumped on and vigorously complained about.

Maybe I'm just traumatized by all the SJW crap from recent years...

Well, yeah the SJW stuff has resulted in total, waste-of-money, un-asked for bombs like Terminator whatever and Charlie's Angels. Cr*p like "the Force is Female".
BAD WRITING. Insulting women's intelligence as a whole, and setting up poor role models who get stuff *just because*. As well as riling up the other 50% of the population, when we were all watching BW scissor a guy and no big deal, way back. Comments where folks have said over and over they just want the story.

I figure money talks tho, eventually.

LOL at previous comments about the new Star Wars having an "agenda;"

Star Wars ALWAYS had an agenda. Go back and re-watch the movies again... and remember the time in which they were written and released. Nothing wrong with an agenda if its done well.

Plenty of misogyny creeping into certain posts in this and every bloody Star Wars thread....

Back