The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, yeah the SJW stuff has resulted in total, waste-of-money, un-asked for bombs like Terminator whatever and Charlie's Angels. Cr*p like "the Force is Female".
BAD WRITING. Insulting women's intelligence as a whole, and setting up poor role models who get stuff *just because*. As well as riling up the other 50% of the population, when we were all watching BW scissor a guy and no big deal, way back. Comments where folks have said over and over they just want the story.

I figure money talks tho, eventually.

Yup like in any corporate controlled entity like Hollywood self correction will only happen when money decides it should.

Self correction is never late nor is it early it arrives precisely when profit means to.

That is the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Human Yoda this is:
946DA16E-35C0-4E1C-9BF3-8EBAD133DADA.jpeg

Yup like in any corporate controlled entity like Hollywood self correction will only happen when money decides it should.

Self correction is never late nor is it early it arrives precisely when profit means to.

That is the way.

That is the way:lol

LOL at previous comments about the new Star Wars having an "agenda;"

Star Wars ALWAYS had an agenda. Go back and re-watch the movies again... and remember the time in which they were written and released. Nothing wrong with an agenda if its done well.

Plenty of misogyny creeping into certain posts in this and every bloody Star Wars thread....

A337399A-49F6-4D4F-BF9F-FF2940AF9202.jpeg

Holy crap

jye has spoken, lol.

I have spoken again, see above lol

That is the way:lol

lulz

Hey I just got that tv too! I got a 4K player too. Discs look way more impressive than streaming. Although the 4K transfers of Star Wars on Disney+ are most impressive.

I think a ton of people are getting that tv. Three other couples got it while I was there within 30 minutes. Too good a price -- half price essentially.

I need to get a new 4K bluray for Xmas now. Maybe a new soundbar too.

I just hope 75'' is big enough for me. Really wanted 85''....

I think a ton of people are getting that tv. Three other couples got it while I was there within 30 minutes. Too good a price -- half price essentially.

Just sit closer to the screen & you'll never know the difference. :)

Xbox one x is one of the cheapest ways to get a good 4K player

Just sit closer to the screen & you'll never know the difference. :)

I used to sit much closer until we moved 3 years ago. Now a larger set is required just to get back to where I was.

Xbox one x is one of the cheapest ways to get a good 4K player

Cant get xbox -- I'd never leave the house.

That said, if anyone wants me to stop posting here, send me a free xbox :)

Re: The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale The Mandalorian Collectible Figure

And that build up of the ATST's "terror factor" when Ewoks took a dozen down with less (they at least hand the Madalorians armoury) was too much of a stretch for me.

I remember thinking when i watched that for the 1st time when i was kid how stupid those scenes with the Ewoks were. They had time to set up all the traps, logs destroyed armor, etc. It was cute and sold toys but that was it. Still love the movie overall but even as a child that took me out of it a little bit. At least this time it was a slightly more "realistic".

Re: The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale The Mandalorian Collectible Figure

I remember thinking when i watched that for the 1st time when i was kid how stupid those scenes with the Ewoks were. They had time to set up all the traps, logs destroyed armor, etc. It was cute and sold toys but that was it. Still love the movie overall but even as a child that took me out of it a little bit. At least this time it was a slightly more "realistic".

Indeed, the Ewoks and their b.s. did much to sour me on SW. The whole thing struck me as illogical; super-soldiers are not going to waste time carrying out a ground attack on a bunch of animated teddy-bears: they're gonna nuke the whole site from orbit, or at least napalm it. Why would they waste their time? The Empire lacked efficiency! They blew up whole planets but would not nuke a bunch of *teddy bears*?! COME ON

So, ok: I can certainly deal with ONE cute Baby Yoda. Let's not go full-on Ewok with the cute stuff tho.

Also good with the idea of not completely softening Mando. From what I am hearing about episode 4, ok that's enough of that.

LOL at previous comments about the new Star Wars having an "agenda;"

Star Wars ALWAYS had an agenda. Go back and re-watch the movies again... and remember the time in which they were written and released. Nothing wrong with an agenda if its done well.

Plenty of misogyny creeping into certain posts in this and every bloody Star Wars thread....

Oh, OT Star Wars had an agenda all right - to bring mythic fantasy back to audiences and the hero's journey story of good triumphing over evil. Reflecting on the triumph of WWII and a positive spin on the new ethos and morality at a chaotic time when the world was literally tearing itself apart with what was decades later twisted and perverted into identity politics.

ST SW... well, it's not focused on any of that mythic fantasy or hero's journey junk that's for sure (I have no idea what Rey's journey is, or even who she is.) Remaking/mining the OT, subverting the OT, misunderstanding the OT, mocking the OT as a way to "flip tired fan expectations" plus being a pioneer in the definitive Mary-Sue paradigms of our era and embracing subplots that relish in toxic identity politics ideology that will be dated within ten years. That's where the ST shines.

"Misogyny" is fast becoming the new "racism" as literally the most overused word in the English language to a point where 90% of the time it isn't even describing what its supposed to. I know hs teachers who say students say it's racist when the teacher says they can't use the bathroom - misogyny isn't far behind. These terms describe very real things - social media plus laziness has changed that.

Holy crap it just dawned on me that Bryce directed the ATST as if it was a T-Rex with the birds being scared out of the forest, the tree branches breaking noise and his footsteps thumping sounds echoing from the forest.

Back