The moment of truth:pick one

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moment of Truth

• Terminator 2: Judgment Day

Votes: 49 31.0%
  • The Terminator

Votes: 14 8.9%
  • Aliens

Votes: 38 24.1%
  • Alien

Votes: 23 14.6%
  • Predator

Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Predator 2

Votes: 7 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm really surprised Terminator 2 is leading the poll. :confused:The Terminator is a superb piece of tense filmaking and along with Aliens the best movies that Cameron has down. Terminator 2 to me was a huge let down. I remember seeing it at the flicks for the first time, aghast at how cheesy it was. The thumbs up at the end still makes me want to gnaw my own arm off.

Still each to their own.

I'm really surprised Terminator 2 is leading the poll. :confused:The Terminator is a superb piece of tense filmaking and along with Aliens the best movies that Cameron has down. Terminator 2 to me was a huge let down. I remember seeing it at the flicks for the first time, aghast at how cheesy it was. The thumbs up at the end still makes me want to gnaw my own arm off.

Still each to their own.
To some extent I agree with this. I think Terminator 2 may be the best "crowd pleaser" of the bunch, with a number of amazing action set pieces, great special effects, and a high level of "fun" pervading the whole thing. That is to say, if you asked the "man on the street" for his favorite, I would expect T2, though Predator and Aliens are also big-time action movies with a number of crowd-pleasing moments (e.g. "You are one ugly mother-^^^^^er!," "Get away from her you b*tch!").

But for a group of hardcore geek collectors like those who frequent this board, it is a bit surprising to me that such a massively popular, cheese-tastic movie would be winning out. I would expect maybe the first Terminator or Alien.

My ranking:

1. Alien :rock
2. Aliens

In joint third place

3. Terminator
3. Predator

5. Terminator 2

Never seen this movie, hence

6. Predator 2

Still each to their own.

T2 was so cheese, arnie was a joke, the whole scene with connor telling him commands.... The best part of that movie was the metal morphing guy he saved that movie's ass big time

To some extent I agree with this. I think Terminator 2 may be the best "crowd pleaser" of the bunch, with a number of amazing action set pieces, great special effects, and a high level of "fun" pervading the whole thing. That is to say, if you asked the "man on the street" for his favorite, I would expect T2, though Predator and Aliens are also big-time action movies with a number of crowd-pleasing moments (e.g. "You are one ugly mother-^^^^^er!," "Get away from her you b*tch!").

But for a group of hardcore geek collectors like those who frequent this board, it is a bit surprising to me that such a massively popular, cheese-tastic movie would be winning out. I would expect maybe the first Terminator or Alien.

example of cheese : " get away from her you b*tch"

T2 and Aliens2 ,while good movies, are vey overrated by the general nerd community IMO.Not in the same league as ''alien'' and ''The Terminator''..Those were masterpieces.

Aliens......

Alien/Aliens.

Aliens....

aliens FTW :lecture greatest film ever made IMO :rock:rock

ALIENS

(Bill Paxton is a lot less annoying that Edward Furlong :lol )

Aliens all the way. Predator 2 would be last.

Had to go with Aliens for this. Perfect movie IMO.

aliens all the way! :rock

Predator
T2
Predator 2
Terminator
Aliens
Alien

*the alien movies never did anything for me really, i got into this hobby cause of the predator :bounce

i don't get what we're voting for. this smells like another fanboy pissing contest.

whats everyones favorite part of terminator 2

Thats a good question to apply to all of these films. For T2 the single coolest bit might just be when the T-800 climbs from his vehicle onto the bonnet of the T-1000's tanker truck and riddles him with bullets at almost point blank range and then grabs for the steering wheel. Arnie's arrival at the beginning is also a favourite.

Back