The Official Gears Of War 3 Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I havent been on in a few days and hopped on last night and was playing KOTH and its just random fireballs runs everywhere, lol. Is there any kind of achievement for getting so many fireball kills or anything.

do you mean the comet mutator?

Is that was it is? All I know is I joined in to play KOTH and everyone was turning into fireballs when we started running. No mutators were on, and it was only in KOTH, because when I went to play Death match, we couldnt do it. i was just curious if a certain amount of kills while running as a fireball did anything.

Is that was it is? All I know is I joined in to play KOTH and everyone was turning into fireballs when we started running. No mutators were on, and it was only in KOTH, because when I went to play Death match, we couldnt do it. i was just curious if a certain amount of kills while running as a fireball did anything.

that's the comet. I think that is today's event

that's the comet. I think that is today's event

ahh...well it was going on last night and I think double XP was going on as well. Our scores werent reflecting correctly and were giving us way more than what we actually earned.

Fenix Rising DLC

SOURCE

Hit Old Curb-Stomping Grounds in GoW3's Fenix Rising
Epic's Jim Brown gives us the rundown on the new maps and additions in the Fenix Rising DLC pack.
December 21, 2011

Level 4
by Steven Hopper
LATEST IMAGES

View all 193 images »
LATEST VIDEOS

View all 204 videos »
On January 17, Epic will launch the third downloadable content pack for Gears of War 3. Dubbed "Fenix Rising", the new pack will offer a slew of new maps, including the classic Escalation from the original Gears of War and a return to Azura in Depths. Additionally, the pack brings in new character skins and a "Re-up" feature that allows players to reset their number rank and unlock new bonuses.

IGN was given the chance to ask Epic's Jim Brown, Lead Level Designer on Gears of War 3, some questions about what Gears fans can expect from the upcoming multiplayer-focused map pack.

Give us a rundown of the new maps in the DLC pack.
Jim Brown: All the maps in the Fenix Rising map pack represent a location or event that was significant in the life of the Gears of War main protagonist, Marcus Fenix. In Escalation, you'll visit his childhood home before it was invaded by the Locust Horde. Academy takes you on a tour of the school he was destined to attend, while The Slab shows you the prison where he ended up serving time instead. Anvil is the ruined fortress that Marcus retreats to with the last vestiges of humanity, while Depths is set in the opulent city of Azura, where Marcus finally reconnects with his father.

The classic Escalation makes a comeback in Fenix Rising.

What type of play-style does each map cater to? Are there more areas that are geared to snipers, or more "up close and personal" players?
Jim: There are a good mix of play-styles represented in these maps. Academy and Depths are great examples of the tactical gameplay that makes up the core of Gears of War 3's online play. Escalation is highly asymmetrical, and plays more like a tactical assault scenario. One team spawns with no extra weapons at their disposal, but an extreme height and cover advantage; the opposing team spawns very exposed, but with an arsenal of weaponry including multiple sniper rifles. On the other end of the spectrum, The Slab is a close-quarters mash up, with all the subtlety and finesse of a prison riot.

Explain "Re-upping" for us.
Jim: In Gears of War 3, players are able to progress from level 1 to 100, earning gameplay unlocks and customization options along the way. With the Fenix Rising add-on, players who reach level 100 will have the option to "re-up" and enlist for a new tour of duty. The re-up will reset your number rank , but maintain all your profile unlocks, TrueSkill Rating, and custom items. Re-upping will also give you access to some new weapon skins so that you can show off your status to other players online.

What will players get for Re-upping?
Jim: Players can "Re-up" up to three times, earning a new rank icon color each time: Bronze (default level 100), Red, Green, and finally Gold. Each "Re-up" level after Bronze also awards the player an exclusive, custom set of weapon skins that cannot be obtained by any other means: Re-Up Plasma (animated flowing plasma in gold), Re-Up Omen (shiny, red omen), and Re-Up Electric (animated, golden electric shocks).

Carmine appears as Recruit Clayton in the DLC's new set of character skins.

What new character skins can we expect to see in new DLC pack?
Jim: For the COG team, the Fenix Rising add-on will unlock Recruit Clayton (Clayton Carmine as he appeared when he first enlisted) and a special limited edition version of Thrashball Cole. On the Locust side, the add-on will unlock a special limited edition version of the very popular Savage Kantus, and a brand new Savage Marauder Drone.

Will the DLC add in new achievements?
Jim: Yes, The Fenix Rising add-on will add several new Achievements for a total available Gamerscore of 250 points.

Which new map are you most excited about?
Jim: I'm actually excited about all of them for different reasons. Escalation is a classic Gears of War map that was loved by many players. Some of the combat setups in the Fenix Rising maps are very intense, and have given us some memorable and unique gameplay moments during testing. And while all the maps are gorgeous, Depths is a real standout in terms of visuals. I think the one thing I'm most excited about is getting the chance to play them all online with the Gears community!

i'm glad they added the re-up option , gives you the feeling again you're playing to achieve something , by the way any good players here on the board who want to team-up in team deathmatch ?

will all the extra xp you own now count towards the new rank if you chose for the re-up option?

Oh and I got up to 4/10 on the Foreshadowing achievement last night. No one wants to play as Kim. :(

Do tell, I'm only 5/10

if you set up a private team deathmatch & have a couple other people set up a player 2 as kim, they'll sit in the spawn for the easy execution

this may or may not work, it's only a theory. It worked when a group I was in did the onyx guard & zeta team horde mode

I need this achievement too

Last edited:
Back