the OFFICIALLY sanctioned Spooktacular thread! All other threads bow before me!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the color LAM is awesome!! Oluf outdid himself on this piece. really like the color version better than B&W. i have a few of what some consider the "grail" PFs but LAM was my 1st SS piece and is still one of my favorites.

Mookeylama said:
the color LAM is awesome!! Oluf outdid himself on this piece. really like the color version better than B&W. i have a few of what some consider the "grail" PFs but LAM was my 1st SS piece and is still one of my favorites.

and what might be the grail PF's ?
most PF's are still easily to get I thought...

And to think that I was just getting used to the idea of 12" or PF Fifth Element figures, Sideshow surprises us bobbleheads. To paraphrase the Joker, "Where do they get such wonderful toys?" :rolleyes:

I certainly hope the remaining unveilings are worth the excitement of Spooktacular, or I'm sure there will be plenty of disappointed folks out there. With the exception of Subject 57, their other announcements have been rather boring, to say the least.

Dusty did say Spooktacular is more for contests and discounts, so it's understandable that items collecting dust in the warehouse are what's getting discounted.

I fell in their trap and ordered the color LAM PF. How about offering the color Phantom now? :monkey3

choopie said:
And to think that I was just getting used to the idea of 12" or PF Fifth Element figures, Sideshow surprises us bobbleheads. To paraphrase the Joker, "Where do they get such wonderful toys?" :rolleyes:

I certainly hope the remaining unveilings are worth the excitement of Spooktacular, or I'm sure there will be plenty of disappointed folks out there. With the exception of Subject 57, their other announcements have been rather boring, to say the least.

not to fear, there are still 3 spots left to reveal....hopefully one for LOTR, one for SW, and one for Marvel :)

choopie said:

I've been underwhelmed as well. I'm hoping they saved the best for last.

nash said:
not to fear, there are still 3 spots left to reveal....hopefully one for LOTR, one for SW, and one for Marvel :)

They will prabably be three lame Corpse Bride bobleheads:cool:

Vince said:
and what might be the grail PF's ?
most PF's are still easily to get I thought...

as grails, i meant the ones people seem to always talk about as "OMG! it's a work of art!". like Doom, Grievious, Lurtz. these ARE works of art but i think the color LAM is among them. as far as i know, most PFs are pretty easily found at sub Grey Hulk/cave troll prices lol. i was just trying to make a case for the LAM. GO LAM!

Mookeylama said:
as grails, i meant the ones people seem to always talk about as "OMG! it's a work of art!". like Doom, Grievious, Lurtz. these ARE works of art but i think the color LAM is among them. as far as i know, most PFs are pretty easily found at sub Grey Hulk/cave troll prices lol.

yes

LAM is truely a work of art, one of my favourite monster PF's.
Also a great difference with the others with his hair, hat and lamp !

King Darkness said:
They will prabably be three lame Corpse Bride bobleheads:cool:

That would be the nail in the Spooktacular coffin.

You can count on at least on Corpse Bride figure.

Darth Loki said:
That would be the nail in the Spooktacular coffin.

You can count on at least on Corpse Bride figure.

and why's that ?
were there any tips leading to that ?

Darth Waller said:
I'm hoping for some maquettes or something like that.

I didn't like the movie at all, but I think the GG pieces are really nice. One thing that has me scratching my head is why SS would get this liscense. The GG pieces aren't selling at all, Adam has most of them for 60% off. Why the hell pick up this line when there doesn't seem to be a market for it? Now an NBC line would be a totally different subject.

Darth Loki said:
I didn't like the movie at all, but I think the GG pieces are really nice. One thing that has me scratching my head is why SS would get this liscense. The GG pieces aren't selling at all, Adam has most of them for 60% off. Why the hell pick up this line when there doesn't seem to be a market for it? Now an NBC line would be a totally different subject.

I agree Nightmare would sell much better. While CB was decent, Nightmare was excellent.

Darth Loki said:
Now an NBC line would be a totally different subject.

Yup...A ER line, a Heros line, a My Name Is Earl line, an Office line, maybe even a Days Of Our Lives line.....Oh wait you mean Nightmare Before Christmas. That would be cool too.

Back