The Penguin (The Batman) limited series | HBO Max

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fantastic first episode. I've never really had much interest in this gangster/mafia world everyone else loves so much, but Farrell's performance is just so damn compelling in this, and Milioti was great as well.

I do agree it's a bit odd not having Batman referenced at all though (except in that brief news clip at the start), especially since the movie made such a big point about how he had stirred up so much fear and paranoia in the criminal world.

Fantastic first episode. I've never really had much interest in this gangster/mafia world everyone else loves so much, but Farrell's performance is just so damn compelling in this, and Milioti was great as well.

I do agree it's a bit odd not having Batman referenced at all though (except in that brief news clip at the start), especially since the movie made such a big point about how he had stirred up so much fear and paranoia in the criminal world.
I was never into any mafia crime movies or series because real world crime was more interesting than fiction.

Godfather, Sopranos, Goodfellas meh all of it bores me I rather watch a documentary or the news.

Only reason i’m into this is because of the fictional world of Batman.

However no matter if this show turns out to be a 10 out of a 10 masterpiece perfection if Batman is not shown or for the very least even mentioned it will make this show complete useless pointless garbage.

It will instantly go from a 10/10 to a 0/0.

My dad just rang me out of nowhere to gush about how amazing the first episode of this show is and how incredible Colin Farrell's acting is, and apparently he has already watched it twice.
And he isn't even a comic-book movie nerd :ROFLMAO:
A good show is a good show - so this is good news, I do hope they don't completely exercise the larger than life elements though, I dont mind a grounded Gotham but it shouldn't forget its a comic-book world setting.

Back