The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that I am overweight (quite lean in fact) but I was recommended that coconut oil is great to take in if you want to improve your metabolism and maintain or get a lean physique.

Well, it sounds to be very true. Virgin coconut oil is the stuff you can get!

Heart Diseases: There is a misconception spread among many people that coconut oil is not good for the heart. This is because it contains a large quantity of saturated fats. However, coconut oil is beneficial for the heart. It contains about 50% lauric acid, which helps in preventing various heart problems including high cholesterol levels and high blood pressure. The saturated fats present in coconut oil are not harmful as it happens in case of other vegetables oils. It does not lead to increase in LDL levels. It also reduces the incidence of injury in arteries and therefore helps in preventing atherosclerosis.

Weight Loss: Coconut oil is very useful in reducing weight. It contains short and medium-chain fatty acids that help in taking off excessive weight. It is also easy to digest and it helps in healthy functioning of the thyroid and enzymes systems. Further, it increases the body metabolism by removing stress on pancreases, thereby burning out more energy and helping obese and overweight people reduce their weight. Hence, people living in tropical coastal areas, who eat coconut oil daily as their primary cooking oil, are normally not fat, obese or overweight.

Pancreatitis: Coconut oil is also believed to be useful in treating pancreatitis.

Digestion: Internal use of coconut oil occurs primarily as cooking oil. Coconut oil helps in improving the digestive system and thus prevents various stomach and digestion related problems including irritable bowel syndrome. The saturated fats present in coconut oil have anti microbial properties and help in dealing with various bacteria, fungi, parasites, etc., that cause indigestion. Coconut oil also helps in absorption of other nutrients such as vitamins, minerals and amino acids.

Immunity: Coconut oil is also good for the immune system. It strengthens the immune system as it contains antimicrobial lipids, lauric acid, capric acid and caprylic acid which have antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties. The human body converts lauric acid into monolaurin which is claimed to help in dealing with viruses and bacteria causing diseases such as herpes, influenza, cytomegalovirus, and even HIV. It helps in fighting harmful bacteria such as listeria monocytogenes and heliobacter pylori, and harmful protozoa such as giardia lamblia.

Healing: When applied on infections, it forms a chemical layer which protects the infected body part from external dust, air, fungi, bacteria and virus. Coconut oil is most effective on bruises as it speeds up the healing process by repairing damaged tissues.

Infections: Coconut oil is very effective against a variety of infections due to its antifungal, antiviral, and antibacterial properties. According to the Coconut Research Center, coconut oil kills viruses that cause influenza, measles, hepatitis, herpes, SARS, etc. It also kills bacteria that cause ulcers, throat infections, urinary tract infections, pneumonia, and gonorrhea, etc. Coconut oil is also effective on fungi and yeast that cause candidiasis, ringworm, athlete's foot, thrush, diaper rash, etc.

Liver: The presence of medium chain triglycerides and fatty acids helps in preventing liver diseases as they substances are easily converted into energy when they reach the liver, thus reducing work load on the liver and also preventing accumulation of fat.

Kidney: Coconut oil helps in preventing kidney and gall bladder diseases. It also helps in dissolving kidney stones.

Diabetes: Coconut oil helps in controlling blood sugar, and improves the secretion of insulin. It also helps in effective utilization of blood glucose, thereby preventing and treating diabetes.

Bones: As mentioned earlier, coconut oil improves the ability of our body to absorb important minerals. These include calcium and magnesium which are necessary for development of bones. Thus coconut oil is very useful to women who are prone to osteoporosis after middle age.

Dental Care: Calcium is an important element present in teeth. Since coconut oil facilitates absorption of calcium by the body, it helps in getting strong teeth. Coconut oil also stops tooth decay.

HIV and Cancer: It is believed that coconut oil plays an instrumental role in reducing viral susceptibility of HIV and cancer patients.

Finally, coconut oil is often preferred by athletes and body builders and by those who are dieting. The reason behind this being that coconut oil contains lesser calories than other oils, its fat content is easily converted into energy and it does not lead to accumulation of fat in the heart and arteries. Coconut oil helps in boosting energy and endurance, and enhances the performance of athletes.

This article is written by Kiran Patil

QFT :lecture

I use the word diet but I don't believe in it, it's just a way to get ppl to understand but when they ask me if I eat anything normal, I'm like sure but I choose healthy alternatives.

There are cheat meals but I keep it in control and that's what doesn't harm my results day in and day out.

I couldn't disagree with you more guys. Embrace the word "diet." I do. You do realize it's not the word diet that is bad when used in our vocabularies, but the perceived idea we have concerning the word "diet."

We all have a diet. There is this ridiculous misconception that if you're on a diet it automatically assumes you're watching your calories, sugar, and fat in take. A diet can consist of eating nothing but sugars and fatty foods. It's not that the word diet should be void of our vocabulary, just the interpretation of the word. You should never go to extremes in diets, be it taking sugars and fats entirely out of your diet or consuming nothing but sugars and/or fats. The human body needs good sugars and fats to survive. Without it our body starves. The human body can't thrive just off of protein alone. It needs everything, but in moderation. We all have a "diet" or else we would be dead right now, but it's when our diets become extreme that they can be harmful.

I couldn't disagree with you more guys. Embrace the word "diet." I do. You do realize it's not the word diet that is bad when used in our vocabularies, but the perceived idea we have concerning the word "diet."

We all have a diet. There is this ridiculous misconception that if you're on a diet it automatically assumes you're watching your calories, sugar, and fat in take. A diet can consist of eating nothing but sugars and fatty foods. It's not that the word diet should be void of our vocabulary, just the interpretation of the word. You should never go to extremes in diets, be it taking sugars and fats entirely out of your diet or consuming nothing but sugars and/or fats. The human body needs good sugars and fats to survive. Without it our body starves. The human body can't thrive just off of protein alone. It needs everything, but in moderation. We all have a "diet" or else we would be dead right now, but it's when our diets become extreme that they can be harmful.

Yea I don't like to use it (hence I use it), but whenever I hear it, it's totally different than what it would be in meaning to others, so I don't think you quite understood what I was saying.

So I have my own interpretation of the word.

Yea I don't like to use it (hence I use it), but whenever I hear it, it's totally different than what it would be in meaning to others, so I don't think you quite understood what I was saying.

So I have my own interpretation of the word.

Whatever bro. We all have a diet. People need to learn to accept the word. You're on a diet right now. lol If you weren't, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now. :)

I understood what you're saying btw, I just choose to look at the word as it was intended. Nothing more than what a person takes in on a day-to-day level.

Whatever bro. We all have a diet. Need to learn to accept the word. You're on a diet right now. lol If you weren't, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now. :)

Dude, did you read what I said "IIIIIIIII use it......" hence it's accepted.

Dude, did you read what I said "IIIIIIIII use it......" hence it's accepted.

btw I reread your post and made the appropriate correction it before you made the post I quoted... so you can now delete the one I am quoting right now so I can delete this post. :)

Also diet brings on the feeling that it's temporary that's why it's so contradicting to whatever I'm doing right now. It's NOT temporary I eat like this all the time, besides changing the macros, clean eating is what I eat all day and almost everyday 24/7, that's not temporary it's a lifestyle.

That's the main point myself and LaMelnik are trying to make. Ppl that believe it's temporary stray away from their goals and reverse the gains of hard work whenever they are off a so called "diet".

Thats why i Laugh at people thats say " i have tried everything" lolololol

I ask them "So you still working out then right" they tell me no cause it doesnt work. That ____ makes no sense to me what so ever!!!!

Thats why i Laugh at people thats say " i have tried everything" lolololol

I ask them "So you still working out then right" they tell me no cause it doesnt work. That ____ makes no sense to me what so ever!!!!

Or you ask them how long have they been trying this and the answer is like 4 days or a week. :thud:

I can't stand people who give up on results after a few months. My buddy gave up after a few months because he didn't like the fact he wasn't noticing mind blowing results in that duration. Problem was he wasn't pushing himself that hard and it was a few months but you could see he was making gains. People want things over night which is simply ridiculous. I knew going into this thing it would be a life-time commitment and that I would not reach my goal for a long time and you know what? I am okay with that. Even when I got the six pack and the pythons I still wasn't 100 percent satisfied with my conditioning. I know I can do better. That's what's so fun about body building and fitness is that your body is constantly evolving. It's like you're the painter and your body is the canvas or you're a Trevor Groves and your body is a mass of whatever materials they use... it's up to you how you sculpt your physique. If it came so easy, fast, and without a challenge it would take the fun and that self gratification of hard work out of it.

The worst are the New Years Resolutions people who start in January. So many new faces come into our gym, and the regulars always make bets as to how long the newbies will last. 10 out of 10 times if you're starting because of that reason you won't stick to it. That's why I started becoming a gym rat in the Fall. It was the Fall of 2002 and I haven't looked back since! :rock

Diet no longer represents what it used to. Growing up I was taught that diet was what you ate on a daily basis and taught the four food groups.

However, marketing and media transformed it into how you can look great by abandoning the basics. Diet has now become a fad word. When I talk to my doctor or friends who are nutritionalists, they hardly use diet anymore. It's what are your eating habits or lifestyle. When they say diet, they always hear, oh I am on the Jenny Craig, South Beach, NutriSlim, Taebo, etc... When what they want to hear is what does their daily food staple consist of.

I used to say diet but because of the media and the marketing of the word now, it does not mean the same anymore unfortunately.

Thus lifestyle or habit will be used.

Now we can agree to disagree.

And one last fun jab... Crosby SUCKS and SWALLOWS!!! Just as Bettman :nana:

Back