The Strain on FX - starts July 13

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This show is so up and down. Last week's episode was fantastic. Tense, gripping edge of your seat viewing.

This week we get the emotional angst of relationships episode. Dutch and Fet, Dutch and Nicky, Eph and Nora. Zack and his grandparents. Bleagh! Total snoozefest. While it was nice to see Sean Astin back, those flashbacks with Eph, Nora and him were completley unnecessary.

The interesting parts were with Gus and the mexican wrestler. Him blowing that convict away with the shotgun made him one of my favorites. No bull***** about him. Loved it. This episode was mostly filler to the season finale next week. All the book readers know what is about to go down. Wonder if they will follow through on the show?

This show is so up and down. Last week's episode was fantastic. Tense, gripping edge of your seat viewing.

This week we get the emotional angst of relationships episode. Dutch and Fet, Dutch and Nicky, Eph and Nora. Zack and his grandparents. Bleagh! Total snoozefest. While it was nice to see Sean Astin back, those flashbacks with Eph, Nora and him were completley unnecessary.

The interesting parts were with Gus and the mexican wrestler. Him blowing that convict away with the shotgun made him one of my favorites. No bull***** about him. Loved it. This episode was mostly filler to the season finale next week. All the book readers know what is about to go down. Wonder if they will follow through on the show?

Worst episode of the season, iMo

What goes next week? Spoiler tag that ****

Wow, I didn't think I could hate that kid anymore, but he's gone and did it. Little Momma's boy cost Nora her life, and no poops were given.

Wow, I didn't think I could hate that kid anymore, but he's gone and did it. Little Momma's boy cost Nora her life, and no poops were given.

Really, I can't believe he went with her after seeing her suck on Nora. I would've been out of there. I thought he was going to knife her at one point, but nooooooooooo! He wants a vamp Mommy. :monkey4

I hope he becomes a spider kid vamp and Fet chops his head off! :lol

Yeah, I thoroughly enjoy this show. But I get the feeling that their expectation of the viewer is that we're supposed to root for Eph to get the kid back, when really, I hope the vamps keep the little turd.

Very good episode with some significant deviations from the books. Good riddance to Nora. The woman who plays her just cannot act. A major character died in the second book, but it wasn't Nora. I actually like the tv version better than the books. The tv show has introduced many new characters, Dutch being the most prominent, that have added many new twists and possibilities.

In the end, the tv show gets to pretty much where book 2 ends, which means one more wild and crazy season.

Very good episode with some significant deviations from the books. Good riddance to Nora. The woman who plays her just cannot act. A major character died in the second book, but it wasn't Nora. I actually like the tv version better than the books. The tv show has introduced many new characters, Dutch being the most prominent, that have added many new twists and possibilities.

In the end, the tv show gets to pretty much where book 2 ends, which means one more wild and crazy season.

Do you think the deviations may lead to more seasons?

I personally think we'll be looking at 2 more seasons. If they follow the main plot points and events of the books, the night eternal will be broken up into two seasons.

Liked the finale, this is a good show, that you don't have to take to seriously

Do you think the deviations may lead to more seasons?

I hope not.

I personally think we'll be looking at 2 more seasons. If they follow the main plot points and events of the books, the night eternal will be broken up into two seasons.

Possible, but it would just be dragging it out.

Liked the finale, this is a good show, that you don't have to take to seriously

My thoughts exactly.

I would think you might like it to be different since you pretty much know how this one goes and ends. I like the show so as long as the keep it interesting enough, I wouldn't care if they added more and stretched it out.

Can we put this to bed now?

In August 2015, del Toro and Cuse announced a five-season plan for the series after the third season renewal, Cuse said, "From the very beginning, we had really talked about the first book being the first season, the second book being the next two seasons and the third book the last two seasons". He also said that beyond the second season, which are 13 episodes each, the remaining seasons will each consist of 10, bringing the series to a total of 56 episodes.

Unless the show gets cancelled, it's 5 seasons, directly from the creators.

But......they didn't follow that path, did they? Aren't they already at the end of book 2?

This was just announced within the past two months, while this season was airing and after this season had been fully produced. So I guess the answer is no, this season must not conclude book 2.

Back