The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AMC did it on Breaking Bad. A bunch ...

They bleeped it out on the original airing. It's uncensored on the DVDs, though.

I agree that they should've used a bleeped f-bomb instead of 'screwed'. Would've been a lot better.

SnakeDoc

Yeah, but the f-word never aired on TV, did it?

I don't know if a bleeped-out F-bomb is all that much better, to be honest. :dunno Maybe if TWD were on HBO. :lol

Yeah, but the f-word never aired on TV, did it?

I don't know if a bleeped-out F-bomb is all that much better, to be honest. :dunno Maybe if TWD were on HBO. :lol

In a line like that, its definitely better bleeped than not at all. Using the word 'screwed' really reduced the impact of the line. A 'bleep' (or just dropping the audio between the 'f' and the 'k') wouldn't. Honestly, it's to the point that I don't even notice the bleep -- I mentally substitute the word in without thinking about it. I don't get why AMC would go 'bleeped' on Breaking Bad, and change the word entirely on TWD. Maybe they're thinking, because of the comic book connection, that TWD has a larger teen and pre-teen audience than Breaking, which was more adult? Dunno.

FX uses stronger language than AMC, without problems. Never an f-bomb, as far as I know, but s*, bulls*, goddamn and a*hole were all featured regularly, prominently, and unbleeped on Justified.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
In a line like that, its definitely better bleeped than not at all. Using the word 'screwed' really reduced the impact of the line. A 'bleep' (or just dropping the audio between the 'f' and the 'k') wouldn't. Honestly, it's to the point that I don't even notice the bleep -- I mentally substitute the word in without thinking about it. I don't get why AMC would go 'bleeped' on Breaking Bad, and change the word entirely on TWD. Maybe they're thinking, because of the comic book connection, that TWD has a larger teen and pre-teen audience than Breaking, which was more adult? Dunno.

FX uses stronger language than AMC, without problems. Never an f-bomb, as far as I know, but s*, bulls*, goddamn and a*hole were all featured regularly, prominently, and unbleeped on Justified.

SnakeDoc

I watch Fargo so I'm used to FX's relatively lax, as opposed to AMC at least, policy when it comes to language. The bleep would throw me and I would much rather have a workaround. I guess to each their own. :duff

Maybe there's something to that, as far as the age of the audience. One of my budddies here has a kid brother in the first grade who watches TWD. :lol I can't imagine too many kids watching Justified or Fargo.

I watch Fargo so I'm used to FX's relatively lax, as opposed to AMC at least, policy when it comes to language. The bleep would throw me and I would much rather have a workaround. I guess to each their own. :duff

Maybe there's something to that, as far as the age of the audience. One of my budddies here has a kid brother in the first grade who watches TWD. :lol I can't imagine too many kids watching Justified or Fargo.

If I had a 6-7 year old, they wouldn't be watching TWD. Just a bit young to me.

a7760beb02f96c862b851c774128ed7f.jpg

SnakeDoc

One of those words was prominently used my Deanna this last episode, so I don't think there is any difference in the language. Although, oddly, Talking Dead has had lines bleeped from the show we just finished watching so I don't know what's going on there.

Didn't Breaking Bad drop a few?

Yes. And Mad Men too. A few episodes I torrented had the f word in them. No censorship whatsoever. I thought maybe I got a version from another country? Canada maybe? Not sure about the regulations elsewhere.

If I had a 6-7 year old, they wouldn't be watching TWD. Just a bit young to me.

I know SO many people who let their very young kids watch The Walking Dead. They brought a few of the actors to a local theater just for like a 2 hour panel type event, and I lost count of the number of kids who were clearly under 10, sporting zombie t-shirts.

There was also a mother ranting on Facebook about how one of the actors at a Walker Stalker con kept swearing during a panel - she was upset that her child had to hear that kind of language. If I remember correctly her child was around 7, and he/she did watch the show. I got into an argument with her about how silly it is to freak out over a swear word when your child is watching a show filled with extreme violence, gore, attempted rape/rape, sex, cannibalism... I mean, WTF?

Parents can be so weird.

I know SO many people who let their very young kids watch The Walking Dead. They brought a few of the actors to a local theater just for like a 2 hour panel type event, and I lost count of the number of kids who were clearly under 10, sporting zombie t-shirts.

There was also a mother ranting on Facebook about how one of the actors at a Walker Stalker con kept swearing during a panel - she was upset that her child had to hear that kind of language. If I remember correctly her child was around 7, and he/she did watch the show. I got into an argument with her about how silly it is to freak out over a swear word when your child is watching a show filled with extreme violence, gore, attempted rape/rape, sex, cannibalism... I mean, WTF?

Parents can be so weird.
Agreed. It's weird what some people deem to be appropriate/inappropriate for children.

Back