The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So who said
Spoiler Spoiler:

I hated the fact that AMC made us watch 23 minutes of Into the Badlands to see next weeks previews:mad::gah:

I don't know what to think of this episode. The opening scene was fantastic, but after that the episode became somewhat tepid. I usually enjoy the slower, character-centric episodes (like last week's, which I enjoyed), but this one didn't quite do it for me. Both stories didn't really go anywhere exciting. I was expecting more. I'll probably watch it a second time as I usually do, so maybe I'll enjoy it more the second time.

So let's see...Abe and Sasha get separated from Daryl, they take refuge in an office, Abraham seemingly wants to die and loses his mind (as indicated by screaming in the RPG walker's face instead of killing it), Abraham gets his hands on an RPG, and then Sasha talks Abraham out of his death wish. Daryl gets captured by people who mistake him for someone else, Daryl escapes but compassionately brings back the bag with the insulin, the people befriend him after he leads them to safety, the girl with the insulin dies, and then the two remaining people betray Daryl by stealing his stuff. And then the three core characters manage to find each other. Decent stories, but I felt like either of them could have been more more exciting.

Also, I felt like the ways things happened at the end undermined what happened earlier in the episode. The two major things that bothered me were (1) the RPG and the ammo case were too large to fit inside the cab of the tanker and there was no indication that Abraham took it with him, and if he didn't then the entire bridge scene felt like a waste, and (2) the girl who needed the insulin died, which undermined the whole point of Daryl coming back with the insulin in the first place.

The biggest takeaways were (1) the possibility that we might have just been introduced to the Saviors, and the guy who stole Daryl's crossbow is Dwight, (2) the fact that Abraham now has an RPG, which I really hope he took with him in the tanker, (3) it *might* have been Glenn on the talkie at the end, but it didn't sound like him so maybe it's Dwight. Either way, I still don't think Glenn is dead. Also, it's worth mentioning that Abraham's dialogue was incredibly amusing as usual. "Loose ends make my ass itch." :lol

Decent episode. Didn't hate it, but didn't love it either. Also, the promo for next week's episode was incredibly vague. Usually when that happens, it means the episode has so much action or so many reveals that they have no choice but to give us sparse information. The midseason finale is quickly approaching, so I really hope things pick back up quickly.

Hmmm, interesting theory about Glenn asking for help on the walkie talkie at the end. Could be.

I doubt that guy is Dwight or that he was asking for help at the end of the episode.

I don't know what to think of this episode. The opening scene was fantastic, but after that the episode became somewhat tepid. I usually enjoy the slower, character-centric episodes (like last week's, which I enjoyed), but this one didn't quite do it for me. Both stories didn't really go anywhere exciting. I was expecting more. I'll probably watch it a second time as I usually do, so maybe I'll enjoy it more the second time.

So let's see...Abe and Sasha get separated from Daryl, they take refuge in an office, Abraham seemingly wants to die and loses his mind (as indicated by screaming in the RPG walker's face instead of killing it), Abraham gets his hands on an RPG, and then Sasha talks Abraham out of his death wish. Daryl gets captured by people who mistake him for someone else, Daryl escapes but compassionately brings back the bag with the insulin, the people befriend him after he leads them to safety, the girl with the insulin dies, and then the two remaining people betray Daryl by stealing his stuff. And then the three core characters manage to find each other. Decent stories, but I felt like either of them could have been more more exciting.

Also, I felt like the ways things happened at the end undermined what happened earlier in the episode. The two major things that bothered me were (1) the RPG and the ammo case were too large to fit inside the cab of the tanker and there was no indication that Abraham took it with him, and if he didn't then the entire bridge scene felt like a waste, and (2) the girl who needed the insulin died, which undermined the whole point of Daryl coming back with the insulin in the first place.

The biggest takeaways were (1) the possibility that we might have just been introduced to the Saviors, and the guy who stole Daryl's crossbow is Dwight, (2) the fact that Abraham now has an RPG, which I really hope he took with him in the tanker, (3) it *might* have been Glenn on the talkie at the end, but it didn't sound like him so maybe it's Dwight. Either way, I still don't think Glenn is dead. Also, it's worth mentioning that Abraham's dialogue was incredibly amusing as usual. "Loose ends make my ass itch." :lol

Decent episode. Didn't hate it, but didn't love it either. Also, the promo for next week's episode was incredibly vague. Usually when that happens, it means the episode has so much action or so many reveals that they have no choice but to give us sparse information. The midseason finale is quickly approaching, so I really hope things pick back up quickly.

Actually, I think that the fact that she died was the whole point. Daryl was becoming a softy, and this showed him that things are still nasty. The girl's death (and the futility of him trying to save her) and the betrayal of her friends (after he saved them) hopefully makes him snap back. His parting words to them: "you will be (sorry)" make me hope he'll get medieval on their asses if and when he finds them again.

And I think it was Glenn at the end.

When Daryl said "you will be (sorry)" at the end, I didn't take it that he was going to get revenge on them, but rather that without him they will never make it on their own and it will end badly for them.

Actually, I think that the fact that she died was the whole point. Daryl was becoming a softy, and this showed him that things are still nasty. The girl's death (and the futility of him trying to save her) and the betrayal of her friends (after he saved them) hopefully makes him snap back. His parting words to them: "you will be (sorry)" make me hope he'll get medieval on their asses if and when he finds them again.

The problem is these characters who have these 'emotional' deaths are all amateur actors that no one has ever heard of who just pop up for one episode that we can't become invested in.
I honestly don't think the writers knew what they were doing in this episode. It's all very poor.

Hmmm, interesting theory about Glenn asking for help on the walkie talkie at the end. Could be.

I doubt that guy is Dwight or that he was asking for help at the end of the episode.

I find it unusual that only the girl who died (was Tina her name?) was named, while the other two weren't. The acquisition of the crossbow by stealing it from Daryl would be an interesting origin story for Dwight's character. Otherwise, I still can't figure out who these people might be. :dunno These guys might not be linked to the Saviors at all. Also, I certainly hope it's Glenn on the talkie. It's about time his fate be revealed.

Ahh okay, that does make a lot of sense. Thanks! :duff

When Daryl said "you will be (sorry)" at the end, I didn't take it that he was going to get revenge on them, but rather that without him they will never make it on their own and it will end badly for them.

That's what I thought too. Daryl was basically telling them, "good luck surviving without me to protect you."

That's what I thought too. Daryl was basically telling them, "good luck surviving without me to protect you."

That's my thought as well. Daryl might be pissed and wouldn't go out of His way to help them again, but I don't think He'd kill them over stealing his stuff. I think He might go back to being more of the non-trusting Daryl from earlier seasons and now agree with Rick that they don't need to look for more people.

Not much happened. It was a hours worth of quality entertainment. I laughed pretty hard when the guy had his arm chopped and was told to walk it off :lol

back to back mmehhh episodes. . How people get bitten now seams to be the norm to be just stupid... the girl in the burned down house..and also the guy from the other group ... just dumb the way they got bitten..

I started so strong with the first 3 episodes.. but the last 3 were not really my kind of thing..

This was a blah episode for me. Featured pretty much all the characters I don't give a darn about. I find Abraham and Sasha to be boring, and their interactions with each other even moreso.

Solid meh. Laughed my butt off when that girl died that incredibly pointless death. Never approach any corpse that hasn't clearly been shot through the head. Geeze, people.

Laughed my butt off when that girl died that incredibly pointless death. Never approach any corpse that hasn't clearly been shot through the head. Geeze, people.

Yeah, no kidding. These guys have survived a while but they still let her commit one of the biggest "New to the zombie apocalypse" blunders.:slap:lol

The corpses were encased in melted plastic or whatever. I thought it was a cool shot. As for the girl, she was weak and sick, and also feeling bad because they caused these peoples deaths.

Back