The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoiler Spoiler:

People feel powerless. Clucking about inconsequential things on the internet or elsewhere makes them feel empowered.

Hold on. They feel powerless, but they are not? So they change the feeling to powerful, but they're still powerless. Feelings are just feelings. I can feel like the king of all Londinium, but without a shiny hat, what am I really?

qjYNOzw.gif

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I haven't read the comics since it happened. I have the 1st compendium and will be picking up compendiums 2 & 3 and will start rereading from the beginning. One thing I've liked about the TV show is how it takes some of the key events/elements from the comics and brings them to the show but applies them to different characters to keep it fresh and interesting to people who've read the comics. The event is important, but it can sometimes play out differently when brought to the screen. Dale/Bob and the cannibals, the twins/Lizzie and Mika and Carl/Carol. Keeps the viewer guessing without removing important elements of the comics.
Ryan

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Sounds about right. Hopefully it is.

Absolutely about the "eenie meenie" chant. I haven't followed the comics, just wiki'ed/googled certain events... but going on how the comic and the tv episode both played out, I don't believe there was anything random about the victim chosen (whether they are the same in both media forms remains to be seen)... Negan was screwing and toying with the group throughout that entire monologue. And it was effective. Rick was completely lost. Daryl and Abraham showed more body language resiliance than he did, and Glenn showed foolish courage.

How do you control a group of survivors with their own numbers and weapons without taking their weapons and imprisoning them? Show them you are in control, and defiance of that control will be at their peril.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Here's a thought.

Comic fans had no suspense going into the last episode, other than in the possibility that AMC could change it. There was no good reason why they would, as it was one of the greatest scenes in the first 100 issues, and to change it would alienate comic fans like never before (and blow their chance of bringing so great a scene to life).

So comic fans already know and just have to wait. You just have to know? You can't handle the uncertainty? Or you just wanted your Eli Roth moment?

I'm jealous of the people who didn't read it first.

Here's a thought.

Comic fans had no suspense going into the last episode, other than in the possibility that AMC could change it. There was no good reason why they would, as it was one of the greatest scenes in the first 100 issues, and to change it would alienate comic fans like never before (and blow their chance of bringing so great a scene to life).

So comic fans already know and just have to wait. You just have to know? You can't handle the uncertainty? Or you just wanted your Eli Roth moment?

I'm jealous of the people who didn't read it first.

:wave And I stay out of spoilers and try not to read anything at all about it now.

Back