The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Spoilers!!)

Nah, he wouldn't have even gotten close had it been an SF team. And they'd have likely set the trap for him, having annihilated his men when they were moving into position.

:lol

True. Or the governor would have never found the team.

That moment took me out of the show. It was done lamely and a bit cheesy. The soldiers were unbelievably inept and the Governor's men shot them like fish in a barrel. Yeah the Governor himself at least would have been full of holes.

But eh this season has been great for the most part.

Again, no. The scout party was the chopper. With them not returning and some stranger, it should've put even the most remedial troops on alert. As for him killing them all, again, the military represents a clear "democratic" order and would never take orders from someone like the Governor. They're the polar opposite of what he wants.

that's exactly what i thought, he doesn't want anyone questioning his command and if they were to come back to the town, the govenor would be no longer in control.

At that point, maybe the question to ask is what was the mission of the scouting party (if that's what they were).

If the party's mission is to find and rescue they may be lax in the security aspect. They see non-infected, why would they fear them?

I guess maybe I am confused, so Niltusk have a field day, why would the military necessarily need to be overly alert to raiders in a WD scenario? Wouldn't the raiders believe they would fare better WITH and not against the military?

I'm trying to put myself in this world and I can't see thinking attacking the soldiers to have benefit, so not sure why they would have experience fighting raiders?

I guess you never saw 28 days later then :dunno

He may not be aware that the Governor is the kind of power-lusting coward that he is, who will sacrifice lives without hesitation if they are a threat to his power. Plenty of people in this thread have been unable to distinguish between a man who simply wants control, and one who is actually protecting the lives of others.

He may not be aware that the Governor is the kind of power-lusting coward that he is, who will sacrifice lives without hesitation if they are a threat to his power. Plenty of people in this thread have been unable to distinguish between a man who simply wants control, and one who is actually protecting the lives of others.

:exactly: Yeah, thats a big problem with reading the comics before hand, I think your subconcious "fills in" a lot of the blanks. I've had to ask quite a few times if thats the vibe everyones getting in various episodes or is this me filling in the blanks with what I've read. I actually rewatched this episode yesterday due to wondering this. The amazing thing is, I totally missed the part about their base being run and these being rag tag survivors the first time around. Guess I was in the bathroom or something, but at least it makes a little more sense why they were just sitting around. :dunno

In the real world, those soldiers would've gone AWOL long before this episode takes place. In generic movie land we get what we got with this last episode, where we're expected to believe highly trained soldiers surviving nearly a year in this zombie apocalypse would have their asses collectively handed to them by an untrained group of civilians who took zero casualties. Let's not forget about the lone surviving soldier of the engagement who tried to run away unarmed. :lol

And I would think once one guy got shot, they would've at least tried to get out of the way of anymore gun fire. They just stood there and watched as they got hit one by one. I can't remember, did any of them even get off a shot?

And I would think once one guy got shot, they would've at least tried to get out of the way of anymore gun fire. They just stood there and watched as they got hit one by one. I can't remember, did any of them even get off a shot?

no I don't think any of them shot their weapons, and that is the problem with the Governor shooting, he should have never shot anyone. He should have left everyone else behind the soldiers shoot them,

Time to let it go... new show tomorrow. :)

Nope. Again, though, this is that type of situation where you just laugh and suspend your belief, chalking it up to poor research on writers' part. :lol

Nope. Again, though, this is that type of situation where you just laugh and suspend your belief, chalking it up to poor research on writers' part. :lol

I wouldn't even put it down to poor research, I'm sure it was intentional. The purpose of the scene was to expose the Governor's true personality, the soldiers themselves are irrelevant. Yes, it's unbelievable that they were taken down so easily, but I'm sure it was done to keep the scene brief. Once the Governor pulls the trigger, the point of the scene is already made, no sense in having a drawn out firefight.

I wouldn't even put it down to poor research, I'm sure it was intentional. The purpose of the scene was to expose the Governor's true personality, the soldiers themselves are irrelevant. Yes, it's unbelievable that they were taken down so easily, but I'm sure it was done to keep the scene brief. Once the Governor pulls the trigger, the point of the scene is already made, no sense in having a drawn out firefight.

There are so many other ways that scene could've been done to achieve the same goal without making the troops look like incompetent morons.

1350502412_bot-arrows.jpg

awesome shirt!

This season has been pretty badass so far. The show definitely deviates from the comic a lot, but i love both. The first episode of season 3's body count was more then seasons one and two collectively.

Things are getting more interesting now that the governor has been introduced

Back