The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Spoilers!!)

we can speculate all we want Nam, the truth is that even in Afghanistan soldiers get killed by Afghan terrorists dressed up as Afghan police, and there soldiers are like you say at their prime in security measurements.

we can speculate all we want Nam, the truth is that even in Afghanistan soldiers get killed by Afghan terrorists dressed up as Afghan police, and there soldiers are like you say at their prime in security measurements.

Yet we've also see soldiers open up on a car that fails to stop, when approaching soldiers. :huh

Yet we've also see soldiers open up on a car that fails to stop, when approaching soldiers. :huh

At that point, maybe the question to ask is what was the mission of the scouting party (if that's what they were).

If the party's mission is to find and rescue they may be lax in the security aspect. They see non-infected, why would they fear them?

I guess maybe I am confused, so Niltusk have a field day, why would the military necessarily need to be overly alert to raiders in a WD scenario? Wouldn't the raiders believe they would fare better WITH and not against the military?

I'm trying to put myself in this world and I can't see thinking attacking the soldiers to have benefit, so not sure why they would have experience fighting raiders?

True but mostly because of the "car bombings" fear, which should not be present in apocalyptic America.
They DID point their guns at the governor before he showed he had no automatic weapons and knew info that only a friendly would know, such as what he told the soldiers about their CO and bla bla bla. so by then, the soldiers were like ok he is good. but all the attention was paid to the governor, and the other merc sneaked in and the rest is history. nevertheless in this current chaotic America, soldiers most likely were instructed to either search for survivors or protect. Another thing to keep in mind.

Yup, this far into an end of days scenario those soldiers should have been on edge ready to shoot. If anything that would have been the end of the Governor even if his men on the flank got the soldiers.

In the real world, the governor would never be the point man anyway. Again, another plot device.

Yup, this far into an end of days scenario those soldiers should have been on edge ready to shoot. If anything that would have been the end of the Governor even if his men on the flank got the soldiers.

I can understand joshh argument; I don't think these soldiers, after fighting zombies, an enemy so easy to identify, factored the uninfected as a threat. So I'm supposing seeing anyone that's NOT decomposing and not trying to eat you can lower your guard.

I can understand joshh argument; I don't think these soldiers, after fighting zombies, an enemy so easy to identify, factored the uninfected as a threat. So I'm supposing seeing anyone that's NOT decomposing and not trying to eat you can lower your guard.

I'm not disputing Joshh's PoV on this, but mines different. I think they would have been amped enough that the second something went awry the Governor would have looked like swiss cheese. This definitely seemed like a cumbersome scene and I think if the Governor had been at least shot would have made me feel a little better about it.
Doesn't dampen my enthusiasm, still think this season is making a strong case as some of the best television in years.

Right. This isn't like being ambushed by Afghan terrorists. This is like one of your own turning on you.

The soldiers have to be thinking that non-infecteds are nonthreatening, which leads me to think they weren't being attacked by humans prior.

During the early days of the breakout, I wonder if the military had to deal with riots and stuff from noninfecteds. Once the population was lowered though I really doubt any group would be ballsy enough to attack a group of military.

At that point, maybe the question to ask is what was the mission of the scouting party (if that's what they were).

If the party's mission is to find and rescue they may be lax in the security aspect. They see non-infected, why would they fear them?

I guess maybe I am confused, so Niltusk have a field day, why would the military necessarily need to be overly alert to raiders in a WD scenario? Wouldn't the raiders believe they would fare better WITH and not against the military?

I'm trying to put myself in this world and I can't see thinking attacking the soldiers to have benefit, so not sure why they would have experience fighting raiders?

Again, no. The scout party was the chopper. With them not returning and some stranger, it should've put even the most remedial troops on alert. As for him killing them all, again, the military represents a clear "democratic" order and would never take orders from someone like the Governor. They're the polar opposite of what he wants.

Yup. Realistically, best case scenario, he would've been proned and searched and likely detained and interrogated or killed when the security team noticed his bandits trying to sneak up on them. Worst case scenario, they would've riddled his car with bullets when he failed to stop when yelled at to do so, his bandits running back to woodbury, not wanting anything to do with a highly armed, professional military.

I also agree that the attack on the Soldiers wasn't done correctly. It was very hollywood and theatrical... But its a conceit you have to accept I guess.

Again, no. The scout party was the chopper. With them not returning and some stranger, it should've put even the most remedial troops on alert. As for him killing them all, again, the military represents a clear "democratic" order and would never take orders from someone like the Governor. They're the polar opposite of what he wants.

Hmm. I don't know. Surely not every person in the military thinks exactly the same. It would more depend on who these soldiers were individually once their CO was gone, but I guess in generic movie land we do see the US military as being those things you indicate.

In the real world, I could see some soldiers accepting the "show" that the Governor was putting on for Micchione and Laurie and then by the time they learned the real deal being split up from their mates into different squads would not have the power to do anything and thus would acquiesse, but that's a lot of speculation...all the viewers would be complaining about my plot. :lol

Hmm. I don't know. Surely not every person in the military thinks exactly the same. It would more depend on who these soldiers were individually once their CO was gone, but I guess in generic movie land we do see the US military as being those things you indicate.

In the real world, I could see some soldiers accepting the "show" that the Governor was putting on for Micchione and Laurie and then by the time they learned the real deal being split up from their mates into different squads would not have the power to do anything and thus would acquiesse, but that's a lot of speculation...all the viewers would be complaining about my plot. :lol

In the real world, those soldiers would've gone AWOL long before this episode takes place. In generic movie land we get what we got with this last episode, where we're expected to believe highly trained soldiers surviving nearly a year in this zombie apocalypse would have their asses collectively handed to them by an untrained group of civilians who took zero casualties. Let's not forget about the lone surviving soldier of the engagement who tried to run away unarmed. :lol

I think an special forces team would have acted that way, not these random generic grunts.

I also agree that the attack on the Soldiers wasn't done correctly. It was very hollywood and theatrical... But its a conceit you have to accept I guess.

You have to suspend some reality when watching the show. The heads of decapitated Walkers should "die", not keep looking around and trying to bite/eat. At least when decapitated the bodies stay still.

In the real world, those soldiers would've gone AWOL long before this episode takes place. In generic movie land we get what we got with this last episode, where we're expected to believe highly trained soldiers surviving nearly a year in this zombie apocalypse would have their asses collectively handed to them by an untrained group of civilians who took zero casualties. Let's not forget about the lone survivor of the engagement who tried to run away unarmed. :lol

:lol

RE: Awol. I can see everyone going AWOL to see their families or something at the initial ****storm, but those that remained would have no insentive to leave after that. Where else would you rather be?

I think an special forces team would have acted that way, not these random generic grunts.

Nah, he wouldn't have even gotten close had it been an SF team. And they'd have likely set the trap for him, having annihilated his men when they were moving into position.

:lol

RE: Awol. I can see everyone going AWOL to see their families or something at the initial ****storm, but those that remained would have no insentive to leave after that. Where else would you rather be?

That's my point. Why would they have suddenly wanted to go AWOL and follow the governor if they'd stuck it out this long?

As for me, assuming my family survived the initial attack, I would've bailed to protect them and/or die trying. If they didn't survive, I'd stay and help try to rebuild. And there's no ****ing way some place like Woodbury would attract me. Being the pessimist I am, I'd have been pulling a Michonne. :lol

So then there still is something to go AWOL from? Othewise if that small group was the whole group, them joining the Gov wouldn't really be going AWOL?

So then there still is something to go AWOL from? Othewise if that small group was the whole group, them joining the Gov wouldn't really be going AWOL?

I'd imagine they still consider it the "United States of America" and still get their orders from the President, therefore having taken an oath to protect the country from threats both foreign and domestic would technically include zombies. Abandoning that to follow someone else would be going AWOL.

Back