The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Spoilers!!)

Nah. The military represents an order where the Governor cannot be king. He saw them as a threat to said kingship and took them out. It's as simple as that. The bonus was the weapons and supplies. The only issue with that scene were the soldiers just standing around waiting to get shot despite surviving raiders and walkers as long as they had.

:exactly:
Thought that was pretty easy to understand, but was starting to think maybe I read more into his personality from the comics.

But you just claiming they show it so you know hes a bad guy is just base thinking. They show everything for viewers to establish an opinion of a character. I think it was obviously shot to show that he does not want anyone around that can upset his power base, you think its "just cause hes bad". Maybe thats all it was. I just don't see it in such simplistic terms, I think it speaks of the Governor's psyche towards "ruling" others.

As I said in my edit above, I have a whole slew of thoughts following the one sentence you're focusing on, so obviously, I'm asking beyond the "base" expositionary reasons. I said "aside from". You chose to focus on that element argue as if exposition in tv shows isn't real.

Moving on, I probably would not make a good "sinister" governor because I would have invited the soldiers into the fold. They may end up screwing me though, taking over the town and killing all the men...:lol

Nah. The military represents an order where the Governor cannot be king. He saw them as a threat to said kingship and took them out. It's as simple as that. The bonus was the weapons and supplies. The only issue with that scene were the soldiers just standing around waiting to get shot despite surviving raiders and walkers as long as they had.

They were definately in the middle of nowhere. That bothered me. Surely they would have set up a much better camp.
Maybe they were on the move?

Probably just lazy filming/set making.

:exactly:
Thought that was pretty easy to understand, but was starting to think maybe I read more into his personality from the comics.

:lol

TV show governor seems a bit more mild with his tea sipping, Liam Nesson voicing, and children parenting tactics.

But wouldn't a king be interested in increasing his kingdom beyond 73 people? To do that, you need to have some people who may appear to be independant and somewhat capable.

Those soldiers, if turned to his side, would have offered him a lot of help.

But wouldn't a king be interested in increasing his kingdom beyond 73 people?

Which is probably why he took in two women instead of a platoon of armed soldiers. :slap

This really is like a brain teaser to you isn't it?

:lol

TV show governor seems a bit more mild with his tea sipping, Liam Nesson voicing, and children parenting tactics.

I'm actually enjoying this Governor so far. Hes almost like I would imagine Cobra Commander in a Zombie apocalypse.

Welcome to Springfield, a nice little town... :lol

Which is probably why he took in two women instead of a platoon of armed soldiers. :slap

This really is like a brain teaser to you isn't it?

This is like a reason for you to be an ass, isn't it?

This is like a reason for you to be an ass, isn't it?

You're trying to "figure out" why he killed those people, quite a few posters seem intent on giving you reasons, but you still seem to be in a quandry over it, so I'm being an ass saying its like a brain teaser to you?

Good God ***tard. :slap

Pretty pathetic to feel you have to be condescending over someone musing about a tv show. Why the hell do you care if I want to discuss the actions of a fictional character?

Whats the deal with the condescention? Does it offend you that I'm interested in the character's motives?

I'm listening to all the answers. If you're disinterested in the conversation, move on. Sorry a conversation lasted beyond 10 minutes for you. ADHD or something?

Everyone else has had good input.

They were definately in the middle of nowhere. That bothered me. Surely they would have set up a much better camp.

lol they were waiting for their co to return from scouting. the lt was in the helicopter trying to either find aid or scout the surroundings. they got stuck when escaping the outbreak in their camp.

Pretty pathetic to feel you have to be condescending over someone musing about a tv show. Why the hell do you care if I want to discuss the actions of a fictional character?

Thats why I referred to it as a brain teaser.

Are you that stupid, you don't know what that is either?

Having survived that long in a hostile environment with highly desireable arms, equipment and provisions, and not setting up a security perimeter where there was clear cover? Trusting someone who called out the name of one of your men didn't in the least bit seem suspicious? If you've ever seen the way our military mans a checkpoint in Iraq/Afghanistan, it just seemed like ignorance on the part of the writers. The reality is there would've been men inside the trees where the governor's men were hiding, securing the perimeter. The governor, despite his namedropping, would've been proned and searched the moment he stepped out of his car. It's one of those moments in the show that IMHO, you've just gotta ignore. :lol

Having survived that long in a hostile environment and not setting up a security perimeter where there was clear cover? Trusting someone who called out the name of one of your men didn't in the least bit seem suspicious? If you've ever seen the way our military mans a checkpoint in Iraq/Afghanistan, it just seemed like ignorance on the part of the writers. The reality is there would've been men inside the trees where the governor's men were hiding, securing the perimeter. The governor, despite his namedropping, would've been proned and searched the moment he stepped out of his car. It's one of those moments in the show that IMHO, you've just gotta ignore. :lol

:lol:lol:lol:rotfl:lol:lol:lol

Seriously. Guy drives up waving a white flag and everything's a-okay.

Having survived that long in a hostile environment with highly desireable arms, equipment and provisions, and not setting up a security perimeter where there was clear cover? Trusting someone who called out the name of one of your men didn't in the least bit seem suspicious? If you've ever seen the way our military mans a checkpoint in Iraq/Afghanistan, it just seemed like ignorance on the part of the writers. The reality is there would've been men inside the trees where the governor's men were hiding, securing the perimeter. The governor, despite his namedropping, would've been proned and searched the moment he stepped out of his car. It's one of those moments in the show that IMHO, you've just gotta ignore. :lol

Yup! I think everyone saw that as a hmmmm... moment. :lol

depends. Afghanistan is not same as a zombie infected apocalyptic homeland.
i believe the soldiers lower their defenses when the governor started talking about how their co sent him and stuff to recover them. also maybe for them, the real threat were the zombies, they didn't expected a one man alone whom was sent by their co, to command a small group of organized thugs with automatic weapons.

depends. Afghanistan is not same as a zombie infected apocalyptic homeland.
i believe the soldiers lower their defenses when the governor started talking about how their co sent him and stuff to recover them. also maybe for them, the real threat were the zombies, they didn't expected a one man alone whom was sent by their co, to command a small group of organized thugs with automatic weapons.

You're absolutely right and you also couldn't be more wrong. It's not the same world. They don't have a secure place to fall back on, so their guard would've been even more heightened. Again, by this point, they would have to have dealt with raiders to some extent, which would pose more a threat than the zombies. And someone talking about their pilot? That's information that could easily be gathered through interrogation, so at the very least, it should've seemed suspicious. But hey, don't take my word for it though, PM some of the active duty people here and ask them.

The laziness to that scene was also a clear indication of the fact that it was simply a plot device scene. Pretending to come in peace and then ambush, thats classic "bad guy" exposition move.

I guess it is easiest just to throw that whole scene away and just tie a bow on it.

If there was MORE to be analyzed, and I agree with Nam it was super bad form from a military perspective, if you give any credit at all to their intelligence could you maybe say that they were only a small scouting party to a much bigger military that IS properly camped?

Back