The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeez, I must have been paying zero attention to miss all of that. I knew she was restrained, but couldn't really tell what it was with.

You must be a really nice person. Nothing wrong with that. :) I enjoy the show and I like to watch all the little details.

Carl is the only safe character on the show. He cannot die, he represents the future, hope, without him theres no show. Rick, Daryl, I don't care how much you love them, they're more expendable than Carl and Kirkman knows it.

You could argue that the baby is the future. Carl can easily die, and there may be other kids out there. We did have Sofia. There could be more in other groups. I don't think we've seen Rick go fully off the deep end. Carl dies, I could see that happening. Then I could see Daryl, Michonne, even Glen getting tired of his, "... things... stuff... Lori... etc."

When he grabbed the phone I first thought maybe he was going to try to call Woodbury. On the bright side Rick can't use it to dial Lori anymore. He'll have to start talking to his shoe like Maxwell Smart.

Carl is the only safe character on the show. He cannot die, he represents the future, hope, without him theres no show. Rick, Daryl, I don't care how much you love them, they're more expendable than Carl and Kirkman knows it.

Nah, Carl is totally expendable. I totally expected him to die last season when he got shot. The whole timeline not pacing as he is aging was the factor there for me, so the jump through several months between 2 and 3 really saved his bacon this year. But he could go at any time. His death would just totally drive Rick over the edge.

As far as I'm concerned there are only three safe characters right now: Rick, Michonne, and Daryl. They can't kill any of them off right now. That could change in the future, but right now, they're as safe as Jack Bauer on 24.

In a related note, the AMC TWD newsletter had a link to an interview with Michael Rooker. They asked him for his honest response to when he found out Merle was going to die:

ROOKER: My honest to God true reaction was THANK F—ING GOD I DON’T HAVE TO WEAR THAT STUPID F—ING ARM ANY MORE! THERE! PRINT THAT S—! Oh my God, I was so tired of wearing that thing. I was like, oh, God, not another season of wearing this thing. I’m going to go crazy!

:lol And I thought he liked Lil' Merle!

Could not disagree more w/ BM. Kirkman has already said he in a perfect world would keep this series going for 40 more years to tell Carl's story so he is absolutely the only safe character. The loss of Carl would push Rick over the edge alright, right back to crazy town field wandering or him becoming the Governor. W/o Carl, Rick is Morgan. That was the point of the Clear episode and Carls being there. The whole series has been about Rick protecting and preparing Carl to live with this fate forever. Any chance to rebuild society, carry on life, it's all on Carl.

When the show gets stale, Andrew Lincoln will move onto movies and Rick will die, and Carl will take over just like Fonz took over for Richy on Happy Days. :lol

But that baby? Between the doubt about her being Rick's, The Governor's comments on it, the fact that Rick has held it all of 1 time, the fact that you cannot go back on the road with a crying wailing baby that doesnt understand be quiet or zombies get us? The fact that she can't have character interaction, lines, do anything without another character's assistance. And of course her comic fate? That kids toast imo.

Last edited:
I get what you are all saying about Carl's future, and with that I agree. But I don't feel that guarantees his safety. Look at Sophie. She didn't survive season 2, but yet her comic counterpart is still around from what I've heard. Carl might live on for 40 years in the comics, but TV is a different beast. If they have to move the story a year at time to account for his age, they might kill him off to not have to deal with that. Lost had a similar issue with Walt. The kids clearly age from season to season where the adults don't really (they just get longer hair). Its hard to fudge him as an 11 year old when his voice starts goes deep next season.

Just from a logistics perspective, Carl is far from safe. That doesn't mean he is a red shirt anymore, but he still isn't Rick yet either.

I do suspect we'll see a stronger relationship with Carl and Daryl next season. We've heard Daryl sees him as a brother and now with his real brother gone, I can see him wanting to bond more with Carl. Become the big brother he wished he had in Merle for Carl.

Except the context Kirkman was talking about was the show, not the comics when he said the thing about Carl's story going for 40 years. It was recent, like this current season but I can't find the article.

I wonder if it does last 10 years, will we see spinoffs like American Dad and Cleveland. Michonne and Daryl getting their own shows where they lead their own groups and occasionally interact with Rick's.

Rick or Carl, I say one should go....at least have viewer vote.

Hersey, white chocolate or one of the girl should go too.

Damn, dirty, shane, he should've go with Andrea and she would've been out of our hair/views, lol. but no, we have to keep rickity rick. lori got him with her trap, baby.

I prefer the sword girl over the cross bow guy, eh, daryl.

Last edited:
It's funny the episode on AMC right now is where Rick just gave Carl the speech about how Ricks tired and going to die and it's all on Carl to carry on.

keeping those zombies in the barn is a crime against zombienity. guess we're not at the top of the food chains anymore.

I thought the same thing about Merle (and development for himself too) and look how that turned out.

:exactly: No more missing limbs, babies or radios.

Except Carol, I think she may survive just to give Daryl more development.

She's the only one I'm second guessing myself on.

And :lol @ radios.

Dude I hope to Hell that's not a spoiler and more of who you think won't make it in the finale!
The thread clearly states unaired spoilers are unwelcome!

If it was a spoiler, I would have put it in tags. I have no idea who's going to die. Just guessing.

I thought the same thing about Merle (and development for himself too) and look how that turned out.

But Carol is a regular where as Rooker has felt like more of a guest star. I always thought Merle would die this season one way or another so that's no surprise to me, but Carol can provide Daryl with things in a relationship Merle can't if ya know what i'm saysin.

Daryl has already turned her down, multiple times even.

Might be a gay bro. Look at that hair.

Back