The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea the way they ran really fast and could think and communicate and set traps and only come out in darkness... just like zombies.

Yea the way they ran really fast and could think and communicate and only come out in darkness... just like zombies.

Ah ... so they were more like sublingual, diseased, naked vampires that roam in hoards and caused an apocalypse (all atypical of vampires) rather than extra-communicative running zombies?

They didn't really fit either stereotype. Struck me as much more zombie-like. Not too many vampire apocalypse stories out there, anyway ... so it fits better with zombie stories, no matter what you want to call the creatures.

SnakeDoc

I hope some of the walkers in season 4 start to get smarter and evolve.

I'd love to see a "Bub" or "Big Daddy" in the Walking Dead instead of the uniform, consistent, herding walkers. It was alright the first couple of seasons, but after they went through the prison and cleaned it up, walkers didn't seem like much of a threat anymore. I don't think it'd be a sin to up their intelligent a bit, show some of them working things out maybe even implement speech like Jon Bernthal suggested for walker Shane. I get the idea that they want to have them all be random people, but would it really hurt to have a few "character" walkers that stand out?

Last edited:
Ah ... so they were more like sublingual, diseased, naked vampires that roam in hoards and caused an apocalypse (all atypical of vampires) rather than extra-communicative running zombies?

They didn't really fit either stereotype. Struck me as much more zombie-like. Not too many vampire apocalypse stories out there, anyway ... so it fits better with zombie stories, no matter what you want to call the creatures.

SnakeDoc

They're vampires, just a slightly differant take on them. Again can't come out in sunlight, critical thinking and making advanced traps to capture humans, they can communicate with one another and follow a leader's orders, they can run and don't suffer muscle decay or dead flesh. In the book they call them Vampires outright, kill them with stakes to the heart, and repell them with garlic and crosses.

Not every Vampire has to be an incredibly well educated, rich stylish, party hosting dracula.

They're vampires, just a slightly differant take on them. Again can't come out in sunlight, critical thinking and making advanced traps to capture humans, they can communicate with one another and follow a leader's orders, they can run and don't suffer muscle decay or dead flesh. In the book they call them Vampires outright, kill them with stakes to the heart, and repell them with garlic and crosses.

Not every Vampire has to be an incredibly well educated, rich stylish, party hosting dracula.

Then not every zombie has to be slow, non-communicative or decaying.

They struck me more as viral zombies -- zombies created by disease rather than death/reanimation -- than vampires of any kind. I know they're vampires in the book (which I haven't read) ... but, at least in the movie, they're very zombie-like vampires.

SnakeDoc

Are we talking about I Am Legend the book? Those were vampires.

Are we talking about Omega Man? Those were vampires.

Are we talking about I Am Legend the Will Smith 2007/2008 movie? Those were zombies.

I hope some of the walkers in season 4 start to get smarter and evolve.

I'd love to see a "Bub" or "Big Daddy" in the Walking Dead instead of the uniform, consistent, herding walkers. It was alright the first couple of seasons, but after they went through the prison and cleaned it up, walkers didn't seem like much of a threat anymore. I don't think it'd be a sin to up their intelligent a bit, show some of them working things out maybe even implement speech like Jon Bernthal suggested for walker Shane. I get the idea that they want to have them all be random people, but would it really hurt to have a few "character" walkers that stand out?

No, we can't go that route. That would mean the Governor was actually right and keeping Penny wasn't the abomination everyone thought it was. If they do go that route, the Governor went from being the crazy bad sicko to the crazy guy that was right! And then he'd have a REAL problem with Michonne then :lol

No, we can't go that route. That would mean the Governor was actually right and keeping Penny wasn't the abomination everyone thought it was. If they do go that route, the Governor went from being the crazy bad sicko to the crazy guy that was right! And then he'd have a REAL problem with Michonne then :lol

Yup!

:naughty

Jye posted this about Iron Man, but the woman also wrote about Rick Grimes:

Is Rick Grimes Crazy? What the Walking Dead can teach us about the course of mental illness
March 11th, 2013 by Andrea

https://www.underthemaskonline.com/?p=271

nothing new. But interesting read.

Glad she's putting that degree and years of loans to good use analysing fictional characters. :lol

My friend was watching the 2nd episode from season 1 last night and I couldn't help but feel that the tank may play a role in season 4. Didn't the Governor have the weapons bag Rick gave Guillermo? I could see him going back to the city and finding the tank, it would only need fuel I assume and I don't think it'd be too hard to figure out how to operate it just to use as a battering ram.

the gov has no power now. A tank would just be a prison now, easy picking once he's surrounded. I can see him recruiting or be a rogue sniper.

Entertainment Weekly:

https://insidetv.ew.com/2013/06/06/podcast-norman-reedus-walking-dead/

We still have over four months until the return of The Walking Dead, but it’s never too early to check in with one of the survivors as to what’s going on and what to expect. Daryl Dixon himself, Norman Reedus, called in from Senoia, Georgia (where the show is filming) to talk to Jenna Morasca and me on EW’s SiriusXM channel and update us on the progress of season 4. “The scripts this season are just amazing,” says Reedus. “It feels like we’ve shot about three movies already. It’s super intense.”

Reedus also backs up exec producer Gale Anne Hurd’s comment about the zombies becoming more of a threat when the show returns. “They’ve introduced a way to make the zombies scary again,” he says. “They’re terrifying. The new threat is just unreal.” Reedus also tells people not to worry about the show now being on its third showrunner in four seasons, with Scott Gimple replacing Glen Mazzara (who replaced Frank Darabont). “The structure of the writing is a bit different,” says Reedus. “It’s so intense. These are our best scripts so far.”

Back