The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it's a little community set up for politicians for the situation of a disaster. It has walls they built around it. It looks like a rich community with big houses and its a few square blocks. Picture a nice Woodbury. It's safe because it's got fortified walls made from steel flooring that was stolen from a construction site. It also has solar electricity panels and running water.

It becomes the groups new haven after losing the Prison. And is where they still reside in the comic.

I take it your a big fan of the comics?

I take it your a big fan of the comics?

Yeah I am. I read about half of the available comics before the end of season 3 and then a few weeks ago I whacked out about 70 comics in a week and now I'm up to date.

I highly recommend it, I hate to be the guy that says the original is better... but in this case I'd say it is. It's so much more violent and dark than the comic. And Rick is handled so much better in it.

That was pretty much it. From the bar scene until Lori's death was the only Rick that reminded me of the comic version. Then it was right back to dumbass again. That's probably why everybody's latching on to Daryl. They need a lead who can carry the show and be a believable character in an apocalyptic scenario. Rick should be him, but I've seen more huevos from Carl, than his dad. And to think I was so annoyed by the character through seasons 1 and 2 that I wanted Carl to die. :lol

Isn't she still a child? :monkey4

I'm pretty sure she's 18 or over now.

Yeah I am. I read about half of the available comics before the end of season 3 and then a few weeks ago I whacked out about 70 comics in a week and now I'm up to date.

I highly recommend it, I hate to be the guy that says the original is better... but in this case I'd say it is. It's so much more violent and dark than the comic. And Rick is handled so much better in it.

I've never read the comics, but you have to remember that this is on TV and they have strict rules to follow, more so than HBO, etc. Plus they are aiming for as wide of an audience that they can get. Making it too violent or too dark wouldn't give it a wide appeal.

You have to have more to a story than just killing zombies all the time. I can tell you, it would get old real quick.

When does he loose his hand?

When the Governor captured him, Glenn and Michonne. The Gov hacks it off with a knife.

I've never read the comics, but you have to remember that this is on TV and they have strict rules to follow, more so than HBO, etc. Plus they are aiming for as wide of an audience that they can get. Making it too violent or too dark wouldn't give it a wide appeal.

You have to have more to a story than just killing zombies all the time. I can tell you, it would get old real quick.

Well aware of them trying to keep the market open for more ages, and plus it's basic cable. Which is a shame since they could make one hellva gritty show if it was on HBO.

Right? I think the TV show is missing the overuse of the F-word from the comic book. :lol

Pretty much. I've seen more gore in TWD than in most R movies. :lol

I've always found it implausible that no one, not even Daryl and Merle, curse in this show.

Apparently you've missed the S-bombs. Michonne told Carl she was tired of his bull****. :lol

I must have forgot about those. I think with exception of the pilot and maybe a couple of episodes after that I've only seen the show once through.

Sheet is a word that is allowed now after a certain time. I've heard it in Hell on Wheels a lot as well.

I'm assuming after 1 am they can use whatever they want, at least on Comedy Central it's that way. Too bad some shows don't have unrated versions.

Has there been anymore info regarding the TWD spin off series?

Last night the subject of TWD came up and I mentioned the spin off and some friends who are fans of the show threw out some of their ideas. Some mentioned they want to see Daryl get his own show (I'd rather they keep him in the main series myself), others mentioned they'd like to see it have new characters and take place in a different state and another said she'd like to see more of The Governor's back story similar to the Rise of the Governor novel.

Has there been anymore info regarding the TWD spin off series?

Last night the subject of TWD came up and I mentioned the spin off and some friends who are fans of the show threw out some of their ideas. Some mentioned they want to see Daryl get his own show (I'd rather they keep him in the main series myself), others mentioned they'd like to see it have new characters and take place in a different state and another said she'd like to see more of The Governor's back story similar to the Rise of the Governor novel.

It sounds like it is going to be all new characters in the same universe.

It sounds like it is going to be all new characters in the same universe.

I'd prefer it that way myself. I'm curious to know if it will take place in a different state or if they'll keep it in Georgia. It will also be interesting to see if it takes place during the same time frame of the main show or perhaps a little earlier or later than the main series.

Back