The Watchmen Figure Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think there's any doubt that HT is producing Watchmen figures, but those of you holding your breath for 3 figures may be disappointed. Unless something reeeeeeally surprising happens with the box office numbers over the next few weeks, I don't think we'll be seeing more than 2.

They made 3 for The Spirit

The production time is like 9 months to a year before they first put up pictures, they would be putting together the figures long before any box office stuff would influence what they make. Plus, box office isn't always a good indication on how well merchandise sells.

Not to mention The Spirit did horrible and they could have stopped the ScarJo figure but chose to release it anyway. I guarantee you with so many outlets saying the first three are Nite Owl II, Rorschach and The Comedian that those will be out there (Look at POTA they released three in the first wave) but whether there are more will depend on what is in the pipeline already. Personally with all the female releases lately and bend towards them I think Silk Spectre II has a great chance especially with the new female TT and Dr. Manhattan seems easy enough since they have the joint hiding tech already....hopefully they'll squeeze out Ozy so we can get all six.

Not sure if Rorschach, Nite Owl II and Comedian will all be announced/solicited at the same time, or if it'll be staggered. I say that because I know that at least one of the sculpts was just recently finalized. My guess is if there's an initial figure it'll be Rorschach.

We shall see. As always, just keep an eye on your Inbox for the latest Hot Toys Newsletter. WATCHMEN figures will actually be in there someday. :lol

Well the tradition is to release two at a time but HT did go three with POTA. I would say the best bet is that Rorschach would be the first release....

Well the tradition is to release two at a time but HT did go three with POTA. I would say the best bet is that Rorschach would be the first release....

Like you and others, I'm still holding out hope for the other 3 core characters...

I can't wait to see what Hot Toys has in store! I'm hoping they give the Comedian his shotgun and grenade launcher and if they can swing the flamethrower that be awesome too! I'm almost positive he'll have two heads. The DCD version of the Comedian does look a lot better with his mask painted in around the eyes, if their wasn't a Hot Toys version on the horizon I'd seriosly contemplate getting that one.

My Rorschach swap/bash is done for the moment. I'll get a full body shot up later on.

16Rorschach5.jpg

Im debating again on picking up the DCD Rorch after seeing some people TT bash. Just I spent a litte much lately on MU figs and RE5 that Im gonna have to wait....but I do have a $20 GC at TRU though.

Is that the DCD stuff on a TT body?

Thanks, Irish! :gun

Couple more shots here. I may go back and weather the scarf. At first I was put off by the off-white color of the mask but it's really grown on me. Looks dingy and used, perfect.

16Rorschach12.jpg

16Rorschach16.jpg

16Rorschach14.jpg

Yep, for the most part. The shoes and scarf are different. The head under the mask is just a spare HT head with most of the features dremelled down and smoothed out. The pants have been taken in a little too and he's not wearing the suitcoat.:)

Last edited:
Dude that looks really really good. Dont think he really needs the suit coat as you dont really see it. Curious as to why you didn't go for the Kovacs head though? Really like it though.

Yep, for the most part. The shoes and scarf are different. The head under the mask is just a spare HT head with most of the features dremelled down and smoothed out. The pants have been taken in a little too and he's not wearing the suitcoat.:)

did you need to alter the coat any? i figured as much with the pants, since they seem to be the same as joekrs pants and those were to big on a tT.

Memnoch, Thanks man, I'm hoping to use the Kovacs head for another custom eventually. Not sure which one though...

Sniper, the jacket is just water treated and futzed. I've got it wrapped around the body pretty tight and there's an elastic band, hidden by the belt, helping to hold it in place. Still from some angles it looks too broad.

Curious.. did you modify the height at all or is it your standard 12 inch Truetype? I just think you did a superb job on that figure and would say it's the best I've seen a DCD figure look. If I didn't know HT was making a Ror I'd get the DCD and send him over your way for the rework.

That's awesome, man! :D He's just on a standard TT so he's not really in scale with my other 1/6ers but works by himself.

Back