The Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Wolverine 2

I'm really looking forward to this movie.

IMO any movie with Wolverine is worth watching. It doesnt have to be a great film to be enjoyable.

Much like XMO:W, it wasnt a great film by any means but there was enough "Wolverine" stuff there to make it fun to watch and that's all that really matters.

You have to remember that when making these movies they are trying to do something new with the character while also referencing decades of story behind the character (decades of stories that rarely even coincide with each other).

This movie, along with all comic book movies, are only supposed to be good action movies with acceptable stories of characters we've grown up with.

Origins was horrible, felt like a bad video game's cut scenes all strung together. I'm hopeful for this one though. The great thing about him gaining 25 pounds is that it'll make him appear more "squat" from far away, it'll take care of some of the height issues. I'm very excited about what I'm reading so far.

Can't agree at all that Origins was horrible. The worst part was what they did to Deadpool but the rest of it I found pretty fun. So I'm hoping for something equally as fun to kick back and watch this time around.

Can't agree at all that Origins was horrible. The worst part was what they did to Deadpool but the rest of it I found pretty fun. So I'm hoping for something equally as fun to kick back and watch this time around.

Agree with you Josh. While not perfect XMOW was miles ahead of XMLS in my eyes. I honestly never cared all that much about the other mutants anyway so the more Wolverine the better and while XMOW was far from a "good" film at least it was fun.... I'm sure my indifference towards Deadpool helps in my positive assessment of the film also.

XLS was worse than XOW. (Acronyms are fun). I wasn't really a fan of X2 for the most part. The CGI'd claws, the inclusion of the Origins storyline shocker and yet not paying it off as it did in the books, the mixing of mutants from various times like Gambit and Wraith. The creation of new mutants. The screwing the time continuity concerning Charles and Cyclops, Adamantium mindwipe, the destruction of the Silver Fox character.

There was a ton bad about it IMHO, the fact that this film and if the eventual Deadpool film will be completely ignoring it should be telling. Then again I appreciated Ang Lee's Hulk so we are all not perfect :lol

XLS was worse than XOW. (Acronyms are fun). I wasn't really a fan of X2 for the most part. The CGI'd claws, the inclusion of the Origins storyline shocker and yet not paying it off as it did in the books, the mixing of mutants from various times like Gambit and Wraith. The creation of new mutants. The screwing the time continuity concerning Charles and Cyclops, Adamantium mindwipe, the destruction of the Silver Fox character.

There was a ton bad about it IMHO, the fact that this film and if the eventual Deadpool film will be completely ignoring it should be telling. Then again I appreciated Ang Lee's Hulk so we are all not perfect :lol

:lol:lol:lol
Are they still going to do a Deadpool film based on Ryan Reynolds version from XMO? I don't know why but I assumed that was dead due to Reynolds doing GL?

According to Fox the Deadpool film is still in development. Ryan Reynolds has said he wants to do it. The thing is that development is going so slow that in the projected filming time he is already signed for two other films. Rumors are the Fox is looking for a Deadpool replacement (believe it or not Seann William Scott's voice was thrown around) but it's all at a standstill. Liefeld has been twittering that it's still happening so take that what it's worth. Everything that has come out though said clearly it's completely ignoring XOW including Reynolds himself.

I hope HT makes one of the new movie when it comes out because i missed the first wolverine figure.

:lol:lol:lol
Are they still going to do a Deadpool film based on Ryan Reynolds version from XMO? I don't know why but I assumed that was dead due to Reynolds doing GL?

No. I have the script. It's it's own continuty. They even recon the entire Wolverine movie with one...single shot. So perfect.

He is referring to the DP script. Celtic is the knowledge center on all things Deadpool

Serious question is getting script that hard? Or is it something that you can easily find on the net?

Google usually works :lol

I have the first two drafts of the GL film script (not the third and final yet) just from looking into google search.

He is referring to the DP script. Celtic is the knowledge center on all things Deadpool

:hi5

I read all the comics during Summer break. So I know pretty much everything important about him.

Such as he wasnt always Mr. Wade Wilson....:D

He was actually pretty good. But his character sucked ass. He did the best he could. And he actually looks like Sabertooth....from the Agent of Weapon X Deadpool run...mmhmm...

Back