The WWE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking forward to it! How many people are watching this years WrestleMania?

I shall be watching it, a few friends for the first year ever are joining me due to the nostalgia of the Rocks return. Im pretty hyped for it actually i think this year is looking very strong compared to last year, plus i love seeing the WM sets since they go all out.

Not bad, loved the Austin participation maybe more so than the rock but to me it was them and HHH/Taker that made the show. Lawler deserved a little more but the match served its purpose if only to go down in history with the wrong winner. JR calling the show felt so much better and gave it a bigger feeling the way only JR can, I really liked the ramp way I think it was one of their best efforts. Downsides were possibly having the WHC match open instead of Rey/Cody or Stratus/lay-cool also the 8 man tag was pointless save for Santino and his awesome Cobra moves.

Agreed about hearing good ol' JR. If only there were any truth to the rumors of a Attitude era vs PGWWE feud.

I liked it, but it had several drawbacks.

1. The Corre vs Big Show, Kane, Santino, & Kofi match along with the Mixed Tag of Morrison/Snooki/Trish vs Ziggler/Lay-Cool seemed rushed.

2. No advertised US Title match between Sheamus & Daniel Bryan.

3. The Main Event (to close out the show) simply wasn't very good between the Miz and Cena. The Rock couldn't even save it.

4. No title changes???

I'm ashamed to say, but I missed it tonight. I normally watch it with my dad, but I couldn't get him to come over and even my girlfriend abandoned me. :monkey2 :lol

Anyways, I looked up the results and it did seem rather surprising that no belts changed hands, like Nitro said.

Glad to read that the Miz won, and to hear that JR was commentating.

I wish I could have seen it, but no such luck. I'm excited about tomorrow night though. I think they're re-showing the Hall of Fame ceremony at 8, then Raw, then Tough Enough. A good 4 hours of WWE. :rock

Didn't see it aswell and had to got to the WWE site to get the results. Glad Taker is now 19-0 as I suspected he would.

That's the match I really wanted to see tonight. As much as I would have liked HHH to have won, I'm happy to hear Taker took home the victory and a Triangle Choke, no less!

I fully expect Taker to retire 20-0 at next years WM. I wonder who he'll face though. My geuss is the most likely candidate is Cena but imho that would be a rather boring match.

I fully expect Taker to retire 20-0 at next years WM. I wonder who he'll face though. My geuss is the most likely candidate is Cena but imho that would be a rather boring match.

Yeah, Cena doesn't "do it" for me anymore. He's a heck of a athlete, no doubt, but something is wrong when I want the Miz to win more so than him. (I'm normally always a fan of the "good guy victory.")

It was either you or someone else in this thread that mentioned Kane would be a good fit to face Taker before he goes. I'm really warming up to that idea.

Yeah, Cena doesn't "do it" for me anymore. He's a heck of a athlete, no doubt, but something is wrong when I want the Miz to win more so than him. (I'm normally always a fan of the "good guy victory.")

It was either you or someone else in this thread that mentioned Kane would be a good fit to face Taker before he goes. I'm really warming up to that idea.

Yeah I'd love to see one final WM bout between Kane and Taker and if anyone does end Taker's streak, it should be Kane.

I wanted the Rey match to be over quickly, I think the story is pretty awful for both him and Cody...If your so self-concious and against people seeing your 'hideous disfigured' face then why wear a transparent face mask? I wasn't into that match one bit, I was glad the tag-team diva match didn't get much time either I usually use those as a toilet break or time for a fridge raid.
I thought when 'For whom the bell tolls' hit it would be a taker intro, seems more his thing lyrically but it still worked however the full use of Johnny Cash didn't in my opinion and after the match when Taker was taking an age to recover the 17th time i heard the looped verse of the song i wanted my head to implode.

I wish I could have seen it, but no such luck. I'm excited about tomorrow night though. I think they're re-showing the Hall of Fame ceremony at 8, then Raw, then Tough Enough. A good 4 hours of WWE. :rock

You mean the HBK ceremony.....I'm sure 45 mins of it will be HBK, with the other 15 mins taken up by commercials, the Road Warriors and Sunny inductions.

Yeah I'd love to see one final WM bout between Kane and Taker and if anyone does end Taker's streak, it should be Kane.

Kane has already said he will NOT end the streak. I doubt we'll see Kane as the 20th Wrestlemania victim.

Takers 20th WM will be him facing HHH in a retirement match where the loser retires...

Sad to say, that this WM did not live up to the hype even though the hype was not all that great in the first place.

The matches were bleh with Taker/HHH supposedly the best one. However, that was more of a see how many times you can kick out of my finishing move match and then a lets make everyone think you beat the hell out of me at the end...

Overall, it was very predictable. Wonder why Shamus/Daniel was scrubbed...

Takers 20th WM will be him facing HHH in a retirement match where the loser retires...

Sad to say, that this WM did not live up to the hype even though the hype was not all that great in the first place.

The matches were bleh with Taker/HHH supposedly the best one. However, that was more of a see how many times you can kick out of my finishing move match and then a lets make everyone think you beat the hell out of me at the end...

Overall, it was very predictable. Wonder why Shamus/Daniel was scrubbed...

The US match was a dark match that devolved into the pre-WM battle royal for those who aren't high enough for a real spot, perhaps time issues during the event? Rocks opening promo took a big chunk of time too.

The US match was a dark match that devolved into the pre-WM battle royal for those who aren't high enough for a real spot, perhaps time issues during the event? Rocks opening promo took a big chunk of time too.

Pretty amazing that in a 4 hour show they couldn't squeeze it in somehow, but I guess elaborate entrances and Snooki needed their PPV time.

Overall I felt disappointed with the show. That's not to say it was all bad. Taker/HHH was great and Punk/Orton was good too. Del Rio not winning annoyed me.

The main event was just a total mess. It was like watching an extended Raw main event. Way too busy with the crappy restart and finish. Unless, Rock is going to hang around it seems pointless since they probably won't reference it until next January when they start building to the rumored Rock-Cena match at the next WM.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GRSKV1zLPf0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
:yess::yess::yess::yess:

Back