The WWE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I said this earlier in the thread, but I think the biggest current star in the company (i.e., Cena) could beat UT, where UT essentially passes off the torch. But I find it hard to imagine anyone else doing it. Having said that, you never know what goes on behind the scenes and how these decisions are really made.

I could see Cena doing it, but I would be disappointed, TBH.

I'd like to see two old-er school legends duke it out and end the career of one or the other, rather than a next-gen wrestling getting the honor. (Just like last year's Taker/Michaels match.) That match, even though just a year ago, I thought was one of the most emotionally provoking matches in WWE history. It's already a classic in my eyes. Seeing Taker and Michaels embrace the way they did after the match and the roar of the crowd, showing their appreciation for Michaels, was priceless. I don't think anyone could have asked for a better way to go.

Like I said I really hope (and expect) Taker retires 20-0. My guess is HHH will lose and at next years WM, they may very well make a match between Taker and Cena. Taker will probably announce that reguardless of how the match ends, he's leaving the WWE for good to return to the "underworld" or something like that and Cena will challenge him at a chance to beat the streak and loose.

Anywho what actually happens will probably be totally different, it's just my personal guess.

HHH has a very good chance of ending the streak over Taker for that fact that he is McMahon family. However, HHH has been known to be all about the business and will job to Taker so that the reign can go until next year.

Yet, if HHH jobs to Taker and Kane will not participate in ending the streak or retiring Taker, who is even worthy enough for Taker to job to in the end?

I feel Taker will fall to HHH so that HHH can begin his one last reign at the title before calling it quits once and for all.

HHH has a very good chance of ending the streak over Taker for that fact that he is McMahon family. However, HHH has been known to be all about the business and will job to Taker so that the reign can go until next year.

Yet, if HHH jobs to Taker and Kane will not participate in ending the streak or retiring Taker, who is even worthy enough for Taker to job to in the end?

I feel Taker will fall to HHH so that HHH can begin his one last reign at the title before calling it quits once and for all.

I don't know, I honestly think that HHH is gonna be around til he reaches or surpasses 16 world championship reigns seeing as how much he's idolized Flair.

Someone remind me: What's on the line for the Taker/HHH match?

If HHH wins, Taker retires as well? (Or is it just the streak that's on the line?)

And if Taker wins, any backlash for HHH or just pride on the line?

I tried looking it up, but couldn't find it anywhere.

Taker's streak will never be broken.

A question though, what's super Cena's Wrestlemania record?

Another thing, I'm betting Christian is gonna screw Edge over at Mania.

Nothing is on the line.

And thats why I feel Taker will win this year. The only stipulation so far is that the match will be a No Hold Barred. Next year I won't be as confident though. I think next year we'll see some type of career vs somthing between Taker and whoever his opponent will be.

Cena's win record at WM is to be expected, not a streak but not far off, HHH's is worse however

Cena - 6/7 matches
WM20 - Cena vs Big Show - Win
WM21 - Cena vs JBL - Win
WM22 - Cena vs HHH - Win
WM23 - Cena vs HBK - Win
WM24 - Cena vs Orton vs HHH - Loss
WM25 - Cena vs Edge vs Big Slow - Win
WM26 - Cena vs Batista - Win

HHH - 7/7

WM7 HHH vs Ultimate Warrior - Loss/Squash
WM13 - HHH vs Goldust - Win
WM14 - HHH vs Owen Hart - Win
WM15 - HHH vs Kane - Loss
WM2000 - HHH vs Rock vs Big Slow vs Mankind - Win
WM17 - HHH vs The Undertaker - Loss
WM18 - HHH vs Jericho - Win
WM19 - HHH vs Booker T - Win
WM20 - HHH vs HBK vs Benoit - Loss
WM21 - HHH vs Batista - Loss
WM22 - HHH vs Cena - Loss
WM24 - HHH vs Orton vs Cena - Loss
WM25 - HHH vs Orton - Win
WM26 - Super Orange HHH vs Super White Sheamus - Win

Someone remind me: What's on the line for the Taker/HHH match?

If HHH wins, Taker retires as well? (Or is it just the streak that's on the line?)

And if Taker wins, any backlash for HHH or just pride on the line?

I tried looking it up, but couldn't find it anywhere.
I missed HHH's speech from a couple weeks ago (he bores me to tears, honestly), but the wife did and told me something about how he was going to retire if he lost. But I caught the replay and that's not what he said. He said he was going to win or DIE. :lol And that the only way he was going to beat UT was to kill him or something, so really, this match is a life or death struggle. "Loser Leaves Mortal Coil" match. Of course, as has been previously discussed, UT has a couple of these a year and always rises from the grave (his being a zombie, etc.) after being put in a coffin or "buried alive," or "burned alive," or whatever. So no biggie for him.

I don't know, I honestly think that HHH is gonna be around til he reaches or surpasses 16 world championship reigns seeing as how much he's idolized Flair.
Problem is, # of title wins doesn't mean jack anymore. Back in the 70s/80s, when guys like Bruno Sammartino and Bob Backlund held onto the titles for consecutive years, it did (having said that, the NWA title changed hands a lot more than the WWF title did).

Cena's win record at WM is to be expected, not a streak but not far off, HHH's is worse however

Cena - 6/7 matches
WM20 - Cena vs Big Show - Win
WM21 - Cena vs JBL - Win
WM22 - Cena vs HHH - Win
WM23 - Cena vs HBK - Win
WM24 - Cena vs Orton vs HHH - Loss
WM25 - Cena vs Edge vs Big Slow - Win
WM26 - Cena vs Batista - Win

HHH - 7/7

WM7 HHH vs Ultimate Warrior - Loss/Squash
WM13 - HHH vs Goldust - Win
WM14 - HHH vs Owen Hart - Win
WM15 - HHH vs Kane - Loss
WM2000 - HHH vs Rock vs Big Slow vs Mankind - Win
WM17 - HHH vs The Undertaker - Loss
WM18 - HHH vs Jericho - Win
WM19 - HHH vs Booker T - Win
WM20 - HHH vs HBK vs Benoit - Loss
WM21 - HHH vs Batista - Loss
WM22 - HHH vs Cena - Loss
WM24 - HHH vs Orton vs Cena - Loss
WM25 - HHH vs Orton - Win

Thanks for the info! Appreciate it. :hi5:
Good to know Cena doesn't have a WM streak.

Problem is, # of title wins doesn't mean jack anymore. Back in the 70s/80s, when guys like Bruno Sammartino and Bob Backlund held onto the titles for consecutive years, it did (having said that, the NWA title changed hands a lot more than the WWF title did).

Yes but HHH is old school and a tad (maybe more) egomaniacal, he'll be racking up the title reigns til he atleast reaches 16 times which isn't that far away from now.

Once again write this down, Christian screws Edge over at WM! :rotfl

Once again write this down, Christian screws Edge over at WM! :rotfl

I haven't watched wrestling in well over 10 years, but it's good to pop in this thread to see things haven't changed one bit.

Well... except for this:
WTF is that? "Super Orange"? "Super White"?

WTF is that? "Super Orange"? "Super White"?

WM26 was the time where HHH wore a shed load of fake tan and against Sheamus who is the whitest person i have ever seen HHH looked an even brighter shade of orange, so i called them Super White and Super Orange.

Back