ThreeZero RAMBO: First Blood Part II - 1/6th scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just unpacked mine as well. I'm kinda geeking out hard over this one. It really is a stellar figure. I especially like the price these cost for what you're getting.

20240815_182959_1.jpg

Just unpacked mine as well. I'm kinda geeking out hard over this one. It really is a stellar figure. I especially like the price these cost for what you're getting.

View attachment 720466

It feels weird right? After spending over $400+ for ‘standard’ figures for 2 years or so…

Bringing that spending habit down to $240 or so is a bit refreshing 😅😅

I recently got mine and this has to be one of TZ’s best works.

Has TZ mentioned if they’ll make Rambo from the 4th movie?

I found that movie to be very enjoyable and I liked how he looked in it.
When they announced the Rambo 2 figure I messaged them on Facebook and asked about Rambo 4, and they sort of hinted at it with their answer, but who knows. If the others sold well they probably will. Although they'll have to give their current bodies some human growth hormone for a Rambo 4 body.

Ignoring that he no longer has the badass look the character has traditionally always had, the story is pretty ho-hum. Some **** happens with his niece, and he turns his ranch into a literal war zone in preparation for the battle/revenge.

You could replace Rambo/Stallone with any other random actor and get the same 'meh' effect. It didn't feel like a Rambo movie. It didn't need to be a Rambo movie.

Definitely felt like a cash grab. No care was put into it.
It just wasn't a Rambo movie. It felt like Stallone in a generic "Taken" knockoff.

Dammit all to hell.

I think the only silver lining is it at least doesn’t do any character assassination…right?

When they announced the Rambo 2 figure I messaged them on Facebook and asked about Rambo 4, and they sort of hinted at it with their answer, but who knows. If the others sold well they probably will. Although they'll have to give their current bodies some human growth hormone for a Rambo 4 body.

Now that’s encouraging to hear!

Dammit all to hell.

I think the only silver lining is it at least doesn’t do any character assassination…right?

Now that’s encouraging to hear!
Imo it’s just not Rambo.

Ignoring the fact it’s not in a warzone against actual soldiers it doesn’t outright assassinate his character but a lot of the film feels out of place and Rambo got sloppy in his old age.

Act 1 he’s basically a generic rancher,

Act 2 he’s under prepared, too trusting and feels like a generic almost clueless father figure.

Act 3 is where all the action happens and he remembers how badass he used to be an acts close to Rambo but the consequences of act 2 really sour the moment for me.

Personally I find the whole feel unenjoyable.

Rambo 5 is bad enough to where you could completely skip it, pretend it doesn't exist and you'd not be missing anything.

Just YouTube the movie clips to see the action and spare yourself having to watch a very generic, run of the mill Stallone film that happens to have the name Rambo attached to it.

There's no getting around that it was a pretty terrible send off to the character.

Rambo 5 is bad enough to where you could completely skip it, pretend it doesn't exist and you'd not be missing anything.

Just YouTube the movie clips to see the action and spare yourself having to watch a very generic, run of the mill Stallone film that happens to have the name Rambo attached to it.

There's no getting around that it was a pretty terrible send off to the character.
Didn’t feel like a send off at all, I got the impression from the ending that they wanted to do more things with rambo in the future so had to return the character to being the troubled, traumatised drifter he used to be.

Completely undoing his good send off in 4.

Not to mention if he didn’t wait until act 3 to go full Rambo mode the ending might have been more palatable and satisfying.

Imo it’s just not Rambo.

Ignoring the fact it’s not in a warzone against actual soldiers it doesn’t outright assassinate his character but a lot of the film feels out of place and Rambo got sloppy in his old age.

Act 1 he’s basically a generic rancher,

Act 2 he’s under prepared, too trusting and feels like a generic almost clueless father figure.

Act 3 is where all the action happens and he remembers how badass he used to be an acts close to Rambo but the consequences of act 2 really sour the moment for me.

Personally I find the whole feel unenjoyable.
Nah I disagree with that. Rambo 5 is easily the worst Rambo movie, and it's true that the story is a generic revenge story. But, he still felt like Rambo to me even without the hair and the headband. He talks more. That's because he's spent the last decade at his home, with people who have actually become his family.

The bit where he easily gets followed by the cartel was stupid, but apart from that he still acted in character and was badass the whole way. Even in just small moments like when he threatened the girls father or her friend who screwed her over, he was still extremely intimidating and even downright scary.

The final act is easily the best part of the movie and harkens back to all the traps in First Blood. I'm a huge Rambo fan... was 4 a better ending? Yeah. Am I also happy to have one more movie with him after that? Yeah. It's an enjoyable movie, With a badass Stallone performance, and seeing Rambo at a different time in his life was cool. It isn't a disgrace to the franchise like "A good day to Die Hard" was to Die Hard.

Nah I disagree with that. Rambo 5 is easily the worst Rambo movie, and it's true that the story is a generic revenge story. But, he still felt like Rambo to me even without the hair and the headband. He talks more. That's because he's spent the last decade at his home, with people who have actually become his family.

The bit where he easily gets followed by the cartel was stupid, but apart from that he still acted in character and was badass the whole way. Even in just small moments like when he threatened the girls father or her friend who screwed her over, he was still extremely intimidating and even downright scary.

The final act is easily the best part of the movie and harkens back to all the traps in First Blood. I'm a huge Rambo fan... was 4 a better ending? Yeah. Am I also happy to have one more movie with him after that? Yeah. It's an enjoyable movie, With a badass Stallone performance, and seeing Rambo at a different time in his life was cool. It isn't a disgrace to the franchise like "A good day to Die Hard" was to Die Hard.
Haven’t seen the movie since it released, watched it on cinema and honestly I’ve got no plans to revisit that film at all.

I agree act 3 he acts like Rambo, I’d even give you that boring rancher in act 1 works as a more well adjusted peace time Rambo.

Most if not all of my issues comes from act 2. He has one or two intimidating moments but that doesn’t change the fact he forgot how to Rambo and actually do a rescue mission.

And what makes act 2 truly unforgivable in my eyes is that his incompetence in act 2 led his niece to an even more horrific fate. He was nerfed so they could push the darkness of the film to a completely unnecessary level.

Im okay with dark films, but its completely unnecessary imo as it doesn’t actually change the events of act 3 or his realisation in the ending.

I disliked that film from start to finish, and if I wasn’t in the cinema I would have turned it off halfway through.

I wouldn’t call it a disgrace to the franchise and I agree die hard is worse but with this movie ignorance is bliss. If you have the luxury of having not watched the film I’d recommend skipping it entirely and having 4 serve as the ending unless they decide to continue the franchise with a 6th film that’s actually good.

I really don't know where else the franchise could go at this point. Stallone is pushing into his 80s I believe. His glory days of pulling this character off are long behind him now.

I'm good with what we got out this character, even ignoring the last film.

I just don't wanna see another unnecessary BS attempt like "Son of Rambo" or some convoluted mess where he gets out of the way for a protege to take over the franchise like he did with Rocky.

That absolutely will not work or ever be interesting to anybody that's farmilur with these films.

Haven’t seen the movie since it released, watched it on cinema and honestly I’ve got no plans to revisit that film at all.

I agree act 3 he acts like Rambo, I’d even give you that boring rancher in act 1 works as a more well adjusted peace time Rambo.

Most if not all of my issues comes from act 2. He has one or two intimidating moments but that doesn’t change the fact he forgot how to Rambo and actually do a rescue mission.

And what makes act 2 truly unforgivable in my eyes is that his incompetence in act 2 led his niece to an even more horrific fate. He was nerfed so they could push the darkness of the film to a completely unnecessary level.

Im okay with dark films, but its completely unnecessary imo as it doesn’t actually change the events of act 3 or his realisation in the ending.

I disliked that film from start to finish, and if I wasn’t in the cinema I would have turned it off halfway through.

I wouldn’t call it a disgrace to the franchise and I agree die hard is worse but with this movie ignorance is bliss. If you have the luxury of having not watched the film I’d recommend skipping it entirely and having 4 serve as the ending unless they decide to continue the franchise with a 6th film that’s actually good.
The dude was in his 70's and was used to stalking people in jungles, it isn't that stupid that he didn't notice one guy watching him. And I'd recommend watching the movie and making up your own mind on the film if you're reading this.

I think part of the issue I have with part 5 is that after four films, it becomes increasingly obvious that he can never go back home. The man would never, ever return to the states and attempt to live out a normal life. Too much has happened. And that made complete sense.

It made the character more solid in his convictions. He was perfectly at home catching Cobras in the Jungle for some extra cash here and there. That was on brand for a "retired" Rambo, straight up.

Last edited:
The dude was in his 70's and was used to stalking people in jungles, it isn't that stupid that he didn't notice one guy watching him. And I'd recommend watching the movie and making up your own mind on the film if you're reading this.
Ordinarily I’d agree, but he literally pulled off the rescue mission easily after when it was too late… by doing basically the same thing just in Rambo mode.

It’s not like his age or the fact he’s not used to urban areas was the issue. He doesn’t come back with reinforcements or with additional weapons.

I’m not saying it’s stupid how it’s played out in the film. Just that it was completely unnecessary for that film to go that far and that they nerfed Rambo to take it that far.

I think part of the issue I have with part 5 is that after four films, it becomes increasingly obvious that he can never go back home. The man would never, ever return to the states and attempt to live out a normal life. Too much has happened. And that made complete sense.

It made the character more solid in his convictions. He was perfectly at home catching Cobras in the Jungle for some extra cash here and there. That was on brand for a "retired" Rambo, straight up.
Did you miss the ending of Rambo 4?

Ordinarily I’d agree, but he literally pulled off the rescue mission easily after when it was too late… by doing basically the same thing just in Rambo mode.

It’s not like his age or the fact he’s not used to urban areas was the issue. He doesn’t come back with reinforcements or with additional weapons.

I’m not saying it’s stupid how it’s played out in the film. Just that it was completely unnecessary for that film to go that far and that they nerfed Rambo to take it that far.
He pulled off the rescue mission because he knew where she was located that time. The first time he only knew who took her.

Also, while him using more than a hammer to rescue her would have made sense (he should have come in blasting like he did in Rambo 4 on the boat), him coming in with reinforcements would have been even more stupid and would have been totally out of character. Rambo is a Lone wolf. Especially In his 70's where the only people he knows anymore are the ones who live around his ranch. He only worked with the mercenaries in 4 because they were there and there was a whole group of people to rescue, not just one girl.

He literally goes home at the end of the movie.
I do not remember that. And I wholeheartedly disagree with it. Doesn't change the fact that R5 was a failure on execution from start to finish imo.

So he goes home (stupid). No need to compound that mistake by making another film about it.

He pulled off the rescue mission because he knew where she was located that time. The first time he only knew who took her.

Also, while him using more than a hammer to rescue her would have made sense (he should have come in blasting like he did in Rambo 4 on the boat), him coming in with reinforcements would have been even more stupid and would have been totally out of character. Rambo is a Lone wolf. Especially In his 70's where the only people he knows anymore are the ones who live around his ranch. He only worked with the mercenaries in 4 because they were there and there was a whole group of people to rescue, not just one girl.
I’m not advocating for Rambo to round up the expendables or turn up with an RPG. I agree that would be stupid.

My point is his age or being used to the jungle is not a factor. The circumstances between the first attempt and second attempt don’t change. The only real difference is second time around Rambo is just mad I guess so it works.

It’s like the opposite to plot armour. He was made incompetent to allow some bad **** to happened which he directly makes worse, then returned to his over the top Rambo ways to get his revenge.

With the failed first attempt only used to drag out the run time, and to try and be dark and edgy as it would not impact the final act of the film or arguably the ending.

I suppose it’s not a Rambo film if he doesn’t get captured and adds another face scar

Back