ThreeZero RAMBO: First Blood Part II - 1/6th scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not remember that. And I wholeheartedly disagree with it. Doesn't change the fact that R5 was a failure on execution from start to finish imo.

So he goes home (stupid). No need to compound that mistake by making another film about it.

Rambo going home was not stupid, it was the perfect ending. It's what Rambo was leading to for the past 30+ years. He lost himself after the war and drifted from town to town, then tried to run away half way round the world with a bunch of monks. Finally going home was his way of coming full circle. If he just stayed catching snakes, that would have been an awful ending. The ending of 4 being so perfect and fitting was why so many people were against 5 happening in the first place. It felt like Stallone was just extending it beyond its natural life because the character already reached his natural conclusion. Last Blood sort of feels like Downloadable content added on.

Rambo going home was not stupid, it was the perfect ending. It's what Rambo was leading to for the past 30+ years. He lost himself after the war and drifted from town to town, then tried to run away half way round the world with a bunch of monks. Finally going home was his way of coming full circle. If he just stayed catching snakes, that would have been an awful ending. The ending of 4 being so perfect and fitting was why so many people were against 5 happening in the first place. It felt like Stallone was just extending it beyond its natural life because the character already reached his natural conclusion. Last Blood sort of feels like Downloadable content added on.

It was stupid. And is the absolute WORST way to give Rambo an ending. I'll die on that hill. Him coming "full circle" is not realistic or necessary. It's a Happy ending. Rambo doesn't get a Happy ending. That's why he's Rambo.

It was stupid. And is the absolute WORST way to give Rambo an ending. I'll die on that hill.

Halloween Die GIF by Julie Wierd

Not to derail the topic of the thread but I'm pretty anti BD for my figures. But a BD T2 is the one exception I'd make to that rule.

Sad knowing HT would only further ruin the reissue. Their sculptors are not anywhere NEAR acceptable for over three quarters of their current, modern releases and the fact that they have the US 1/6 scale locked down, legally, really pisses me off.

I don't hold it against any third party companies that make an effort and fail. I may not buy it, but I certainly appreciate the effort.

Not to derail the topic of the thread but I'm pretty anti BD for my figures. But a BD T2 is the one exception I'd make to that rule.

Sad knowing HT would only further ruin the reissue. Their sculptors are not anywhere NEAR acceptable for over three quarters of their current, modern releases and the fact that they have the US 1/6 scale locked down, legally, really pisses me off.

I don't hold it against any third party companies that make an effort and fail. I may not buy it, but I certainly appreciate the effort.
That’s interesting, other than a few exceptions I’m very pro BD. All my figures are too clean. As long as it’s accurate.

No, I get it. I've actually always found it odd that I'm the minority on this topic.
I think you’re actually probably in the majority since most releases are very clean. It’s just the pro battle damage people are louder because the anti BD are eating good with almost every release

I think you’re actually probably in the majority since most releases are very clean. It’s just the pro battle damage people are louder because the anti BD are eating good with almost every release
Huh. I guess I never viewed it from that angle.

Seems a great point tbh.

Lately, when I'm just feeling blah and my eyes catch these guys on my shelf, they just, put a smile on my face. No matter how I'm feeling.

Figures like this and how they can turn a frown upside down is why I love this hobby. I just.. love'em. They're not perfect. But they sure mean a lot to me. 😊

20240820_005632_1.jpg

This figure looks great, and I've been considering getting it because it is an iconic 80s character and look.

But to Mr. Awesome's point, to my eyes, everything from First Blood Part 2 on is out of character with the first film, which I feel is a truly classic movie telling a meaningful story about a veteran's struggles after coming home from the war. The others are straight action movies starring a super soldier more or less. And while they are fun, they don't resonate with me, and for that reason I've held off buying.

It was stupid. And is the absolute WORST way to give Rambo an ending. I'll die on that hill. Him coming "full circle" is not realistic or necessary. It's a Happy ending. Rambo doesn't get a Happy ending. That's why he's Rambo.
Well he got the ultimate unhappy ending in the book. Maybe you can imagine this happened in the first film, and everything else that came after was a fantasy playing out in his mind during his dying breath.

Good afternoon,

does anyone know if the threezero First Blood II Rambo head fits on a phicen M33 body? Also are all of the peg holes under the Threezero Rambo heads sculpts the same size?

Thank you.

Back