Todd announces Spawn.com Message Board Is Closing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Hot Toys Facebook page is a perfect example of why collectibles forums should never move there.

Sideshow freaks is closing???? :thud::thud::(

Gotta wonder if NBC closed if people would call CBS news and tell them all about it. :monkey3

Or if your favorite restaurant closed, you would run next door to the other restaurant and complain. :monkey1

Should dave rename this website Spawn freaks with all the "spawn" related posts we've had recently? :dunno

wwjd20id20bracelet.jpg

:lol:lol

Darklord Dave - FYI - I do not do Facebook, MySpace, Twitter...et al. I find those websites, like texting, to be for 12-year-old girls. Please do not move the Freaks' boards to those websites.

That would be going to a place that I can not follow.

Thank you for your consideration.

Darth Cruel

All those types of social media are decidedly one-sided. The company can make announcements and fans can comment on announcements but there's virtually no interaction among the fans. It's a completely different kind of experience than a forum - but I guess it's good for a company that wants to control the message completely and not allow for anything negative.

yeah I had one more account that didnt get banned so I just left a farewell message. it kind of felt awkward like when you first step out of the shower, seeing the place you spent time watching other boardies get married, kids grow and pets die finally come to an end. but at least some of you from there are here so not all is lost.

Aww, I'm saddened by this. I signed up on Spawn.com in 2004, when I first started collecting action figures, and it's been my go-to place since then. Upsetting news. But admittedly, I've been spending more time on THIS forum lately, than on McFarlane's... and the last time I bought a McFarlane action figure was many many years ago.

Today's the day. That place was my home for 3 years. And what a fun 3 years they were. I'll miss that place. Most of them went to other forums around the net, so you don't have to worry about a massive intake of Spawnies.

But still...still sad to me.

That would be interesting if this closed shop and became a Facebook page type thing...that would probably limit me for sure, because I have an FB account but only use it for family and close friends but even then...I hardly talk to them either so that would more than likely cross me off the list.

goodbye spawn board, its funny todd keeps baseballs of cheats but gets rid of the forum but oh well.

Back