TOYNK 30% sale! Get your Cinemaquettes and more for cheap!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, I'm new to posting here though I've been lingering for awhile. I ordered the CM T-800 and the Weta kong vs V-rex during the sale. I called TOYNK the other day to check the status of my order on the T-800 and was told they were out of stock but trying to get more. Then yesterday to my surprise it arrived via UPS with not so much as an email from TOYNK. Still waiting on kong though.

KitFisto said:
My T-850 is here. # 142 "short hair" version.

I LOVE it. The hair is not "short" it's more slicked back after it goes up in the front. It could easily be combed and trimed and be taller. However, I am scared to death to do so I will just live with it the way it is.

Maybe it's not the short hair version, but I still feel uneasy about combing his hair out and cutting it.

I really love this piece. Cinemaquette has taken collecting to a whole new level.

That's not the short hair version. They're all like that. You need to cut/comb/style the hair. I gave mine a nice haircut. :)

That is the long hair version for sure.

Trimming instructions:

The hair is easy to fix.

1. Take your hand and from the back of Arnold's head, push all of the hair forward and up. It will stay up and should be really long.

2. Use some small scissors (like the ones on a swiss army knife) and start cutting the top of the hair.

3. Cut very little at a time and use some pictures from T3 as reference. Once you trim enough off, the hair will stay up instead of being "slicked back" and matted down.

4. Trim the neck line so it's not long and uneven.

5. Trim the sides so they are long enough to stay back but short enough so it looks correct. The sides should be shorter than the top.

6. Keep pushing the hair forward, forcing it to stay up, while you trim it. Trust me, when you cut enough off it will look a LOT better.

I hope that helps. You do not need to use any gel, at least I didn't.

Gruson said:

Trimming instructions:

The hair is easy to fix.

1. Take your hand and from the back of Arnold's head, push all of the hair forward and up. It will stay up and should be really long.

2. Use some small scissors (like the ones on a swiss army knife) and start cutting the top of the hair.

3. Cut very little at a time and use some pictures from T3 as reference. Once you trim enough off, the hair will stay up instead of being "slicked back" and matted down.

5. Trim the sides so they are long enough to stay back but short enough so it looks correct. The sides should be shorter than the top.

6. Keep pushing the hair forward, forcing it to stay up, while you trim it. Trust me, when you cut enough off it will look a LOT better.

Thanks for the specific instruction Gru. Now, once I get my nerve up I will at least know exactly what to do!:bow

DBoz said:
Hmmm. Interesting. The time on my order was Wednesday, March 21, at 12:25. I am in the Pacific Time Zone. So, that may mean I just missed out. Which would suck. Wouldn't be the end of the world though. I'd just like to find out whether I'm getting one or not. And if not, I want my money back. I paid through Paypal, so it will be interesting to see how they handle that. I'm not stoked about Paypal taking a percentage if they simply deposit the money back into my Paypal account. Anyway, I emailed them, so we shall see if they respond tomorrow.
I'm sorry to hear about your situation, but to be honest, you're better off not getting the one I got. I've put four of these together so far and this one was the most aggravating flawed one I've ever put together. The net body suit started coming apart on the left arm and top portion of the back, The right foot keeps falling off, his bone necklace had to be repaired, and his head just would not go on even after heating it up. And every step there was some unneeded hassle, even trying to get him posed and the spear in his hand!
I think I got a cursed one.

Gruson said:

Trimming instructions:

The hair is easy to fix.

I just got the image of someone taking their statue to get a trim at Supercuts!
:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

screamingmetal said:
I'm sorry to hear about your situation, but to be honest, you're better off not getting the one I got. I've put four of these together so far and this one was the most aggravating flawed one I've ever put together. The net body suit started coming apart on the left arm and top portion of the back, The right foot keeps falling off, his bone necklace had to be repaired, and his head just would not go on even after heating it up. And every step there was some unneeded hassle, even trying to get him posed and the spear in his hand!
I think I got a cursed one.

I have a Chopper coming that I got on ebay, so at least I will have one Predator. I just wish Toynk would let me know whether it is going to ship or not and if not, I'd like my money back so I can use it to get Apone. I sent them an email last night, and as of around 2:00 pm I still had no response.

DBoz said:
I have a Chopper coming that I got on ebay, so at least I will have one Predator. I just wish Toynk would let me know whether it is going to ship or not and if not, I'd like my money back so I can use it to get Apone. I sent them an email last night, and as of around 2:00 pm I still had no response.
Calling would be fastest even with the long distance fees. Just have your order number ready when you do. Definitely make sure you get your money back.
Good luck on that Chopper! Every net suit is a hand made product that's freaking astonishing in it's own right. So the one you get may not have any issues like mine.

Here are a couple of quick pics after a quick trim job. still a little more touch up to do on the hair, but he looks a lot better than he did out of the box already.

Not bad, Kit.

You should open up the jacket more and adjust it to look more real.

Pull it down and slightly out. Then puch back the jacket more to stay under his arms.

That should help some. ;)

Gruson said:
Not bad, Kit.

You should open up the jacket more and adjust it to look more real.

Pull it down and slightly out. Then puch back the jacket more to stay under his arms.

That should help some. ;)

I just did that. I had a problem getting the zipper on the jacket to unlatch, but finally got it. Mine was a little stuck. I have the jacket open now and it looks much better.

Well after emailing them yesterday about my order for a sideshow cap vs red skull dio I just got a response saying that it is sold out and that my order has been canceled and that there site stated that it was only while supplies lasted. I am pretty pissed about this because I really wanted the item but also because I had the chance to get another item I wanted on ebay but didnt have enough $ for both and didnt know the status of this item yet. I dont think that I will ever deal with them again. That said does anyone know where I can get a cap vs red dio at a good price or does anyone have one to sell?

Not to totally defend ToyNK here, but they like any retailer they carry a limited supply of stock.

The one thing they should have and don't is an undating stock count as things get ordered so they don't have so many disappointed customers. However, with a sale like that it's not at all surprising that they ran out of stock so fast. It's not like everyone was jumping to pay them when things were full price.

KitFisto said:
Not to totally defend ToyNK here, but they like any retailer they carry a limited supply of stock.

The one thing they should have and don't is an undating stock count as things get ordered so they don't have so many disappointed customers. However, with a sale like that it's not at all surprising that they ran out of stock so fast. It's not like everyone was jumping to pay them when things were full price.

My gripe is that the item I orderd remained "In Stock" as they stated for two and a half more days AFTER I placed my order. That is not just a lack of a stock counter...that is ridiculous!

...and now they are not getting anymore they told me...yet, their site states "Backordered". :monkey4

I think what a lot of people are upset about, myself included, is the lack of communication on the status of orders and the fact that a lot of people were charged with no updates for several days before having the charge reversed. I paid through paypal and have yet to hear anything. If I don't have an email response tomorrow, I am going to call.

Toynk said:
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:

• Supplies are limited. We will run out of items during this sale. We do make
every effort to keep the IN STOCK status as up to date as possible. However, our
website does not update the IN STOCK status on a real-time basis, so even though
it may say IN STOCK, the item may have sold out already.
• All orders will be filled on a first come, first served basis.

They stated items may not be instock in their disclaimer for the sale. There was plenty of communication of this if you took the time to read the fine print.

I lost out on a few items just as well as you all, no sense in crying about it now. move on , there's tons of other crap to buy.

KitFisto said:

I understand what you mean with the limited inventory. It's just their business approach was a little shifty. I think you'd feel a little differently if they pulled what they did to me regarding the T-850. Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely happy for you that you were able to grab the piece for a great price. I'm also happy to see other fellow boardies that have made out great with that sale. It was just frustrating at the lack of communication and poor business they tried to provide.

I had to send them an e-mail inquiring about my order since I hadn't heard anything for about a week. When I got a response, they told me they can order me one but they'll have to charge an extra $120 (20% off instead of 30% for the same item I already ordered at the 30% off price) and it would take 4-6 weeks because they would lose money charging 30% off of the Cinemaquette. It would be completely different if I was inquiring about the item and asked for the 30% off or if their were specifications that were led to belief that this particular item was not included in the sale. But, I clearly ordered the item within the hours that the 30% off code was valid. They tried to grab another $120 off me figuring it's a high ticket item. When they tried doing that, they gave me the option of continuing or cancelling the order. I opted to cancel.

Oh I do agree they should be a little faster responding to "pending" orders and letting people know ASAP if their order can't be filled.

I don't know why they don't go to a real time updating stock list like Dark Shadow and other stores. it would lead to a lot less headaches.

I'm very ticked off... this entire time i was waiting for my Captain America Vs. dio. and they finally sent me an email saying that they were sold out.

Back