TOYNK 30% sale! Get your Cinemaquettes and more for cheap!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I e-mailed them regarding one of their "pre-order" products and they responded back immediately that the item is indeed still a "pre-order" product, but I saw the supposedly "pre-order" product on their ebay store as "in-stock, ready to ship" :rolleyes:

DBoz said:
I think what a lot of people are upset about, myself included, is the lack of communication on the status of orders and the fact that a lot of people were charged with no updates for several days before having the charge reversed. I paid through paypal and have yet to hear anything. If I don't have an email response tomorrow, I am going to call.
My charge has yet to be reversed. :confused:
I called them Friday...then on Saturday and left a message both times.
They called me late Monday and told me my order was canceled and I said thank you for responding and the chick said, "Oh, did you call and leave a message?" ....Nice.

Also, I e-mailed that day as asked about my credit card that STILL has the charged held on it and they resonded a few days later and told me that it was my banks problem to go and deal with them....Even nicer.

I received my Cinemaquette T-800 yesterday and couldn't be more pleased with the priced, communications or shipping. However, that being said, I was prepared for my order to be canceled due to the orders exceeding the stock. I think that Toynk plans these 30% off sales to move high-dollar items that are weighing down their inventory before the tax season. It would surprise me greatly if they had more than 2-3 of these >$1000 items in their werehouse at any given time. Consequently, while I understand the frustration of some of the board members, I can't say the outcome is unexpected. As for the dreadful pace at reversing the credit card charges, that may have more to do with the CC companies' hightened security in an age of identity theft. Just a thought.

Scott

I received all of my orders except the Alien CM....they charged me for it but it has not shipped yet...guess I will give it another week.

This is the email that I was sent when I asked about the T-850.

I would not be able to give you numbers because we are actually oversold on this item but we plan to honor any order placed by this evening and will be getting more from the manufacturer. As far as I have seen they all look like the statue on the website

Thank you,

Dave

Now someone defend that!

I received a call from customer service today, my purchase will ship tonight.

:chew

Gruson said:
I received all of my orders except the Alien CM....they charged me for it but it has not shipped yet...guess I will give it another week.

Are you selling the new T-850 or the one from your collection that you've already trimmed up?

Got the 850 today and the hair looks a bit wierd but seems fixable. He does look scary real though. If they fix Aragorn's hair I may just jump on for that one and Jack and Indy are just about assured.

Darklord Dave said:
Got the 850 today and the hair looks a bit wierd but seems fixable. He does look scary real though. If they fix Aragorn's hair I may just jump on for that one and Jack and Indy are just about assured.
pics Dave if ya get a chance! didn't u order ur 850 rather late? surprised they had one for ya.

Darklord Dave said:

Dave,

Go back in this thread and Gruson gives very good instructions on how to fix the hair. I have worked on mine and it came out pretty good. I still have some spots to touch up, but once you trim it, it looks great.

If you can install some lighting, that is where the T-850 really comes to life.

The silicon skin looks very real, especially with a light directly on it.

Glad you got one Dave, don't be scared to trim the hair.

Use an air duster to get all the tiny hairs off of Arnold.

well i finally received an email stating i can get a t-850 for $960.00 (20% off) because they sold out. decisions, decisions.

Vader AL said:
well i finally received an email stating i can get a t-850 for $960.00 (20% off) because they sold out. decisions, decisions.

i got the same e-mail a few days ago after I e-mailed them. i told them to cancel the order...

while, $960 could still be considered an OK deal. i didn't think it was right that we ordered something for $846 and they decided to bump the price all of a sudden because "they lose money on each CM purchase at that price." I really don't think it's a valid reason to price gauge a customer. Especially after the price was set within the timeframe when the discount was valid.

They should've honored the price they discounted the item at the time of the sale or offer 30% off on another item or future order. The way the e-mail was sent to me was kind of a take it or leave it offer. They asked whether or not I wanted to keep the order. I e-mailed them requesting to cancel the order with the refund.

Gruson said:

I just got the e-mail offering the Alien to me for $1,200. I'm sure I'll get one on the T-800 shortly. I'll probably buy one of them. I would have bought both with the discount. Still a much better deal than paying retail.

Here is my T-850 with the sun coming in on him throught window. Natural light does wonders for brining out what it looks like in person.

Have you messed with the hair Kit? I'm a little scared to take it on, but mine looks kinda like helmet hair.

Darklord Dave said:
Have you messed with the hair Kit? I'm a little scared to take it on, but mine looks kinda like helmet hair.

Yes. I have given it quite a trim job. I was terrified to touch it, but figured "What the hell, it's only $845 bucks" :lol

Seriously, once you start doing it you get the feel and the nerves fade away. There was no way I could leave that helmet head look on him.

Dave,

For reference here are some closeup shots of mine again:

test029ti6.jpg

new_arn2.jpg

I will try to post some side shots too.

Last edited:
Back