TOYNK 30% sale! Get your Cinemaquettes and more for cheap!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dammit...I pulled the trigger and ordered the T-850 Cinemaquette. I was really, really wavering back and forth on this one. I really have wanted the piece for awhile and I wanted something other than Star Wars OT PF's to add to my movie statue collection. I figured for $845.99 shipped, I can't get a better deal. Thanks for the online coupon, Gru!! I really appreciate you put that out there. If I had to purchase that statue at the normal price, I'm more than 100% sure that I would've never purchased that piece!!

Now, I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to tell my wife I purchased something this expensive. I mean, I got the OK to purchase the Yoda bust a few weeks ago although my wife thought that the piece was too expensive. Imagine her reaction when I try explaining this...By the way, I agreed temporarily with the wife about the Yoda bust and backed out of making that purchase...I was ready to pull the trigger on that one until this deal came up!

If you had your heart set into that piece for this long, then it was the right decision. Your other alternative would be kidnapping Arnold himself.

You can hide it from the wife for a couple of months, and then let it "blend" into your collection. :cool:

customizerwannabe said:
Depends what you want. I display it with the gun most of the time. That's the real Cap and Skull. The cube is kinda fantasy.

Now why'd ya have to go and tell me that...? I have enough on my Amex already, sheesh.

Amanaman said:
If you had your heart set into that piece for this long, then it was the right decision. Your other alternative would be kidnapping Arnold himself.

You can hide it from the wife for a couple of months, and then let it "blend" into your collection. :cool:

I don't think I'll be able to blend it in as I don't have that many statues other than Star Wars PF's (Darth, Obi, Han, Leia) and the Jaws Maquette. The room is small and alot of my friends, including her's like coming into this room to hang out. I just hope I made the right decision...I literally pulled the credit card in and out of my wallet before I made up my mind and said screw it, I'll make the purchase. I hope that this is a really nice piece in person as I really like some of the pics I've been seeing...

the one pictured on their site looks like they have the really short hair....is that just the pic?

Now, I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to tell my wife I purchased something this expensive. I mean, I got the OK to purchase the Yoda bust a few weeks ago although my wife thought that the piece was too expensive. Imagine her reaction when I try explaining this...

I would try being cunnili...I mean cunning about it.:D That usually works.

The one on their site has been there for years. Plus, those are horrible pics.

The Arnold you receive should have the longer hair and better eyebrows.

Get them before they sell out...I have a feeling they are gone already.

ss7wj4.jpg

ss6co0.jpg

Nitro said:
Now, I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to tell my wife I purchased something this expensive. I mean, I got the OK to purchase the Yoda bust a few weeks ago although my wife thought that the piece was too expensive. Imagine her reaction when I try explaining this...By the way, I agreed temporarily with the wife about the Yoda bust and backed out of making that purchase...I was ready to pull the trigger on that one until this deal came up!

Reason with her, tell her since you didn't get Yoda, you got this and it wasn't much more. Lie about the price if you have to! :D

hey Nitro, just buy it, and display it when she's not around, and see how long it is before she notices...

"hey, when did you get THIS???"

"oh, honey, I'd had that ALL along..."

:)

Reinhardt said:
hey Nitro, just buy it, and display it when she's not around, and see how long it is before she notices...

or "I won it from SideShow."...oh wait that would be a real lie.

Reinhardt said:

I wish she was guilible, but she's not. If I rearrange the statues I have, she picks up on it right away (and that's without me even saying anything). She's usually pretty good when it comes to my collection and likes some of the pieces I own. She didn't like my toy collecting thing back in the day...but she understands that the statues make alot more sense to me since I'm a movie fanatic...

Back