Trevor Grove's Firefly Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Trevor's Firefly Sculpts

Is that the "gold and white" or the "gold and black" vest? thanks!

mine is the gold and white.

thanks for the hint OG. I was trying to find a little red bag but with no luck. I will look there.

Thanks again for all the tips. OG don't worry I didn't think you were shutting me down, I just wanted to let you guys know that I was new to this and had done some research but right now I am still pretty overwhelmed.

So OG I am interested in those boots if you could PM me and send me a pic (I am sure they are shown earlier in the thread) and let me know how much. I can probably take those of your hands :)

Another question to all I saw a few wash bashes with toy dinosaurs, where can you find those?

Crap ! That is a perfict fit for Simon ! Can't wait to see what you guys do for River.
In your opinion, what jumpsuit works best for Wash ? Brown or Dark Green ? I'm having a hard time deciding between the two. (And finding a good one that matches his one on TV) And where can I FIND a brown one ?
JERMS !!!

Mine is orange. I really love it, and it's different. :D

that website is hard to navigate...the vests are listed under "waistcoats."

Yeah, I had found it actually. But after further photo searching, I decided to go with a different color. So yay me. Thank you for trying to help me out!

Crap ! That is a perfict fit for Simon ! Can't wait to see what you guys do for River.
In your opinion, what jumpsuit works best for Wash ? Brown or Dark Green ? I'm having a hard time deciding between the two. (And finding a good one that matches his one on TV) And where can I FIND a brown one ?
JERMS !!!

The colors I've seen used most are the orange with black tac vest, and tan with Hawaiian shirt. I used a prison jumpsuit I got off eBay.

Old Grandpa

I went with a red/orange fabric that needs to be bleached just slightly for a faded look.

You have to thoroughly wet the fabric in regular water then place it in a bleach/water mixture and let it soak briefly. Not a whole lot of bleach though.

Just a quick switch of characters.....I am finishing up the Kaylee shirts and will have it on my thread at the end of the week.

I have the shirts fitted to a HT True Type female body...

There will be two versions...a basic version and a more geometrical sleeved version. I didn't plan on fitting anything other than the Hot Toys True Type female but if there are other bodies everyone is using....PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

Talk to you soon.

CHad
SMCG

Well, first I'd like to say, I feel like I know you all. I've spent the last couple of weeks reading this thread from the very beginning. I took notes, studied, searched for things on the internet because of it. I now know what a HT TT is as well a rig and all sorts of other terms. I don't collect Sideshow, and only found this forum because I was looking up the Tonner Firefly figures. Yes I know, but there is no way I could buy those things. So, here I am, and yes it is a little late, but here non-the-less. For me personally, I would love to own these and have loved and hated you all in the past couple of weeks for it. LOL.
A couple of notes;
Trevor, wow, what can I say, truly talented and I love them all. Even though I don't own any of these, thank you for doing them and bringing them to the adoring fans. It really has been a pleasure to read this thread from the beginning and be along for the ride. I just wish I would have found it sooner.

Chad @ SMCG, man, I wish I could've been on board to get some of that original Mal stuff. I saw your other thread and just missed out by a month. Great job though and if in the future you decide to make more, please let me know.

To all the painters, you know who you are and I don't want to list names in fear of leaving someone out, but excellent work. You have really given life to these figures with your awesome paint apps. If only I had half the talent. A great job by you all.

And lastly to OG, above all others, I enjoyed your story the most. The problems with outfits and the waiting you have endured. I can really feel the passion you have for these. The fact that your son has joined you in the process makes it all that much better. The fact that you would never give these up for anything and will be buried with them, I can relate to that. LOL.

I did not want to jump into this thread and start asking all kinds of noob questions. How do I get this, where do I get that, who can do this for me and so on. Like I said, I so wish I could have been there from the start. I'm glad I found this though, it truly has been a pleasure and an honor to witness what has gone on here.

Now, who wants to sell me a Mal? :)

Jon

Hello Big Jon and welcome to the forum. First it's never to late to start. Most if not all the items needed to bash together a Mal are still available. I for one would be more than happy to give you any help I can, and I know that I'm not the only one. As you could tell by reading the vast amount of entries that have been posted, these guy are a friendly and helpful bunch. It all happened for me when MarfMaster sold me a Jayne sculpt he no longer wanted. If you really want that Mal it could happen and we would help.

Just ask.

Old Grandpa

Here is my Inara with her necklace. I have two more items that are going with her. She'll look extra fab (to me) once she's done.
DSCN1498.jpg

Hey OG, I was under the impression that the head sculpts of the past were no longer available. If Trevor had a Mal, I'd be way interested and would need one of the painters here to help me out. I checked Stevo's rig for Mal, but the link is dead and can't find another on his page. Also the ebay link for the replacement belts you used was dead also. LOL, yeah, i did read all that. As far as the clothes go, according to Chad and his sight, the Mal stuff is no longer being made. :( But if there is some other place to get this stuff that I'm not aware of, I'd be all for it. I would really appreciate the help from any and all that would be willing. I need to calm down, this is pretty exciting if possible. :) Also I'm aware of the cost, so I already realize what I would be getting into.
Thanks for the good news and just point me in the right direction.

Jon

BuffyGirl, That Inara looks awesome. Would like to see a full shot of her. A while back, someone posted that they thought the Oriental Mary Jane outfit from Spiderman might look good. I thought the same thing, did that ever get put together?

Jon

Back