Venom: The Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
failboat3.jpg

Oh god. :rolleyes:

Take a read at Venom's mini series "Lethal Protector" it made Venom less of a villain and more of an anti-hero as if he was actually good just wanted Spider-Man dead as his fatal flaw. It was a decent read and I guarantee you will be the source material for this.

That mini series was the beginning of the slow destruction of the character. :(

At one time Venom was Spidey's #1 villain, and arguably one of Marvel's best and favorite villains since the original Green Goblin, but Marvel "milked" him for all he was worth until they had almost completely destroyed the character. Remember this was in '92-94 where almost every Marvel character had their own book and the market was flooded.
In fact they DID destroy the character when they put the symbiote on Mac Gargan. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I always looked forward to Venom's occasional appearances in ASM, and the few other Spidey books he appeared in, but after his over saturation from Marvel his appearance became dull and boring. It's just like that old saying,"sometimes too much of a good thing isn't always good." :(

Well this could fit in with the stuff from the S-M 3 if Venom is on somoene other than Eddie Brock and its from the sample from Connors lab. But that idea sucks.

I thought Topher Grace was a fine casting for Eddie Brock in that they were trying to make him something of an evil twin for Peter Parker.

They tried too hard to combine the Ultimate Venom and the 616 Venom.....unsuccessfully.

Sony Eyeing Spider-Man Spinoff
Source: The Hollywood Reporter July 31, 2008

Sony is moving forward with Venom, a potential "Spider-Man" spinoff, says The Hollywood Reporter.

The trade says the studio is developing the project, based on the villain who appeared in Spider-Man 3 and is hoping the character could serve as an antidote to the aging "Spider-Man" franchise in the way that Fox has used Wolverine to add longevity to its "X-Men" franchise.

The studio had commissioned a draft of the script from Jacob Estes (Mean Creek), but the studio is considering going in a different direction from Estes' script and is seeking writers for a new draft.

Casting also is no simple matter. Topher Grace played the character in the film, but agents have been eyeing the role for their clients, as Sony is not yet convinced the actor can carry a tentpole picture.

The Hollywood Reporter adds that neither Sony nor Marvel would comment for the story.

Sony is also still developing a fourth "Spider-Man" film for 2011.

:rotfl wow

What was wrong with Venom's "look" in Spider-man 3. He looked very faithful.

I didn't think he was bulky enough, the tongue wasn't very prominent, and I hated his voice. But my main complaint wasn't with Venom's look, it was with how underdeveloped he was. I think Sony should just leave Venom alone....as a diehard Venom fan my eyes and my heart can't take anymore. :monkey2

McFarlane Talks About The Venom Movie

By George 'El Guapo' Roush on August 5, 2008

McFarlane gives his thoughts on why a villainous Venom movie may not be the best idea:

"You don't want to scare the kids, because the kids love the character," McFarlane said of Venom, echoing the sentiment of those in Hollywood who maintain superhero movies must be PG or PG-13 to succeed because they need young audiences. "But I think you could add a little bit of a creep factor. I mean, it never bugged me to watch Frankenstein as a kid, so you could have a little bit of it, as long as you have a good story backing it up."

He said that although "smart people can make things happen in other ways," he doesn't think Venom can make an audience care about him if he's still a villain. McFarlane said that Don Corleone and the Sopranos are examples of characters who were able to entice viewer sympathy despite their villainy, "but they were human. Can you bring that mentality to Venom and make it work? Or do you make him all bad?

"You're trying to give something to people when they leave. I don't know if you can have a movie about a guy who goes out there and maims everybody and wins all the time," he said. "I don't know what their mindset is and how they can get there other than adding too much niceness to him, but we'll see."

Click HERE for the entire article. It's a good read.

But c'mon Todd. Do you honestly think SONY would ever screw up a super hero property? I mean, Spider-Man 3 wasn't so bad was it?

Oh wait. It was total crap. Maybe Todd is onto something here...

Topher Grace fanclub starts when you e-mail: [email protected]

i wish someone had given this advice to Mcfarlane when he decided to make his Spawn film.

Venom was always one of my favorites but I don't know if a movie would be successful with him as the main character. Especially if they used the spidey 3 venom....

I feel it's a bad idea overall.
Hell, I' m still skeptical about the wolverine spinoff.

Back